Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX 'Red-Hot Redskins'

Carlito Sway

Nice piece - is this the first columnist who refused to hedge his mea culpa and wrote 'I was wrong' about Brunell?

Love it.

PS, as long as we're coming clean, I was wrong about Brunell, too. And yet I'm grinning ear to ear as I type this . . .

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5205146

Red-hot Redskins surging closer to playoffs

by Adam Schein

When the Washington Redskins lost to the Oakland Raiders at home, most people — myself included — felt they were about to embark on a downward spiral.

Now the Redskins are one of the hottest teams in the NFL, and a game away from making the tournament.

And a game away from being a team nobody wants to face in the postseason.

What Joe Gibbs and his crew have done in the last four games has been nothing short of incredible.

[...]

A formula made for success in the playoffs.

And to think I criticized Joe Theisman for drinking the Redskins Kool-Aid in the preseason, talking about Washington as a Super Bowl team.

Shame on me. Hail to the Redskins.

Edited to comply with new forum rules ~ ihs

That's great, but what this guys says dont mean squat, if we win this weekend, we are going to hear a lot more of this kind of talk, people backpedaling and saying that they were wrong, or they shouldnt have said certain things....the media is just one big bandwagon, this guy is just one of the passengers

This is the type or article I hope we get to see more of. Certainly, the Eagles will be fired up and ready to go but should we get by them and maybe win a game in the playoffs, "Walking" Sean Salisbury and all the others will not only be eating their words but will be wondering how Joe Theismann got to be so smart.

"That's great, but what this guys says dont mean squat, if we win this weekend, we are going to hear a lot more of this kind of talk, people backpedaling and saying that they were wrong, or they shouldnt have said certain things....the media is just one big bandwagon, this guy is just one of the passengers

what's wrong with admitting being wrong? that's a pill at least 2/3rds of this board must have swallowed at one time or another! I'ld rather they admit having miscalculated then persevering with a fantasy.......

geez...we complain when the Skins get roasted in the press and we complain when the roasts are retracted......where's the out in this? I don't see it. for me......if there's a positve article...all the better to get stoked for the game. this is the first friggin game to be pumped about to the max since 99!!!!! if bandwagon it must be, then bandwagon it shall be!!

This is the type or article I hope we get to see more of. Certainly, the Eagles will be fired up and ready to go but should we get by them and maybe win a game in the playoffs, "Walking" Sean Salisbury and all the others will not only be eating their words but will be wondering how Joe Theismann got to be so smart.

'nuff said :cool: :laugh:

That's great, but what this guys says dont mean squat, if we win this weekend, we are going to hear a lot more of this kind of talk, people backpedaling and saying that they were wrong, or they shouldnt have said certain things....the media is just one big bandwagon, this guy is just one of the passengers

On the other hand, media coverage is something all we fans want and they supply that demand. So when they make their "safe" calls based on wanting to look good, but then actually have the willingness to come back and call themsleves out on it, I have no prob cutting them a little (tiny bit) love.

And as for it not meaning squat, a lot of fans love seeing those words, and so do some players. I say if you enjoy that stuff, let yourself go, revel in it, no sense in avoiding one of the few remaining safe and legal pleasures in life :laugh:

I called Sirius before the season began .I was able to talk to Schein and Riggins.I told them that Joe was turning things around.I told him how the offensive line was going to be improved,that special teams would be better,and that Joe was getting rid of malcontents and building the team the way he wanted it.They were both very skeptical saying they could not see it.I am glad to see that Schein admits he was wrong .Not all mediots are willing to admit they are wrong.I give him credit.He also said,that if the Skins made the playoffs Joe Gibbs should be coach of the year.

Thats good, the only problem is now the people that 4 weeks ago said we sucked are now jumpin on the bandwagon, i remember several of those NFL Live anchormen talking about how we were nothing.

dude, four weeks ago 60% of the posters on here were saying we sucked and doing things like voting that they preferred ramsey over gibbs :doh:

Archived