Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bose Wave Music System

KingGibbs

So many audiophiles try their best to discount Bose and tell everyone it is garbage. "no highs/no lows must be a bose" "Bose: Better sound thru advertising" etc. etc. :rolleyes:

Every bose speaker and system I've heard is the shiznit. I still maintain that the original Bose 501 speaker is perhaps the best speaker ever made... although probably the ugliest as well. :)

My neighbors have a wave radio, and it is really awesome. I don't listen to music very much while I'm at home, otherwise I'd consider one as well.

Junk IMHO. It is overpriced for what you get which is a low to mediocre quaility drivers in a good chambered cabinet. Audio is two things; the quality of the drivers and the design of the cabinet. Bose has one part right and the rest of the money you spend is on advertising.

Junk IMHO. It is overpriced for what you get which is a low to mediocre quaility drivers in a good chambered cabinet. Audio is two things; the quality of the drivers and the design of the cabinet. Bose has one part right and the rest of the money you spend is on advertising.

You sound like my father in law who just put together a component home theater system with top-of-the-line Harman Kardon receivers and polk speakers... claiming that the Bose is garbage because the salesman at Circuit City told him so. :rolleyes:

Guess what? It sounds terrible :doh: The Bose system sounds 10x's better, and is 500x's simpler with 100000 less wires and connections.

I never got the hatred for Bose. So what if they advertise... they can back it up. Contrary to a few audiophiles beliefs, millions of consumers are not wrong.

My Dad has one and absolutely loves it. I haven't listened to it enough to judge it. We got him an XM SkyFi2 for Christmas and he is using the auxilary input on the Wave. I figured XM's digital audio coupled with a Bose Wave would make for some sweet sounds. He seems happy with it. I just can't force myself to pull the trigger on that purchase.

So many audiophiles try their best to discount Bose and tell everyone it is garbage. "no highs/no lows must be a bose" "Bose: Better sound thru advertising" etc. etc. :rolleyes:

Every bose speaker and system I've heard is the shiznit. I still maintain that the original Bose 501 speaker is perhaps the best speaker ever made... although probably the ugliest as well. :)

My neighbors have a wave radio, and it is really awesome. I don't listen to music very much while I'm at home, otherwise I'd consider one as well.

To me its not that Bose sounds bad, its just overpriced for a theater surround system.

The portable like KingGibbs is talking about looks pretty cool though.

Look, that is why I said in my opinion. Most consumers will buy what they are told to buy. That is why advertising works so well. Not me, I would rather buy good components that nobody hears about or build my own stuff. Had the same philosophy with my car setup.

Just remember, you are the ones who listen to it, not me so that is why it is just an opinion.

They are a marketing company, and I would take a $500 set of cambridge soundworks speakers over the balls to the wall $3K set of Bose anyday.

You can definately hear the difference, but you need to know what you are listening for. Bose won't play anything audible below 100Hz, and they really stretch for even that. Other systems will play down to 25Hz clearly, and some even into the teens.

If you like them, all the power to ya, but they are just not for me.

I have a set of Bose 501s and a set of 401s that I bought in 1990. They've been moved 9 times (from Germany to Hawaii and everywhere in between) and have worn out 3 receivers. Still sound as great as the day I bought them. Bose kicks ass.

Archived