Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Historically this is the type of game we'd lose

f_trizzy

Not to be a downer guys, but we had almost the exact same setup in the 92 season. We had just beaten the Cowboys at home to get to 9-5 and all we needed to clinch a spot was one win. We lost the next week to a good Philly team on the road, and then we got 6-9 Oakland at home, sporting their 40-year-old backup QB. They beat us in the final seconds 21-20, but luckily the Packers lost and we backed into the playoffs.

But yes, under Gibbs we've been in a similar situation and lost. Nothing is a given.

I think we'll win this week, but let's not book our tickets just yet. That's all I'm saying.

Do not think that the Eagles will roll over and play dead for us. The Eagles have been decimated by injuries. But there are still a lot of very good football players on that team. Those players dominated the NFC East for the past 3 years. They will play with pride at home. It will be a tough, hard-fought, close game. We have an opportunity to jump on them early and take advantage of their injuries. But they will game plan for PR. They know what he can do and how to beat him. Trotter can play the run and stuff CP.

We have to score early, control the ball and the clock. A cheap score will help deflate the Eagles' emotions.

BUT:

If we do not win in Philly, we do not deserve to be in the playoffs. The veteran leadership will keep this team focused. (I hope!)

:eaglesuck

Not to be a downer guys, but we had almost the exact same setup in the 92 season. We had just beaten the Cowboys at home to get to 9-5 and all we needed to clinch a spot was one win. We lost the next week to a good Philly team on the road, and then we got 6-9 Oakland at home, sporting their 40-year-old backup QB. They beat us in the final seconds 21-20, but luckily the Packers lost and we backed into the playoffs.

But yes, under Gibbs we've been in a similar situation and lost. Nothing is a given.

I think we'll win this week, but let's not book our tickets just yet. That's all I'm saying.

This a little different though, Dallas hadn't owned us prior to the 92 season, we beat the Cowboys and division leading Giants in back to back weeks. We came back from a 5-6 record to a 9-6 and will now face a depleted Eagles team, that could beat us if we're not respectful of there reserves. We have to win, because we can not expect Dallas to lose to the Rams. We are having a resurgence this year as opposed to a collapse that year. So you're right don't book the tickets yet, but put the Travel agent on speed dial!! :fingersx:

HTTR

The thread starter is 21 years old. The poor guy's been subjected to heart stomping losses his whole life.

Sad, but true...

We'll know by the kickoff if we have a chance at winning the NFC East or not. If the Giants lose, we have no reason not to beat Philly by four touchdowns. If the Giants win, we have no reason not to win regardless of score. It's in our hands. As bad as Philly wants to win a division game, we want the playoffs twice as much.

:eaglesuck

Archived