Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ganggreen just won't admit Moss is better..

skin_finatic

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=27559

I was wondering what Jet fans were sayin about moss' game yesterday, and its funny what some people say in the thread. Like "Santana doesn't work for his yards, he just catches deep balls and can't break tackles". :laugh: I just had to laugh when I read that because he is basically the master of the wr screen and breaking tackles for a wr. Most wr just catch the ball and go down when close to a defender.

They are idiots. They say Moss only gets his yards due to deep passes, but he's not good. He has to be good to get open deep and outrun the coverage. It was like I said before, Moss was good when he was finally healthy for the Jets. The only problem last year was he had Quincy Carter at QB. They can't make any excuses. LC played for Brunell just like Santana. Santana is having a much better year. What's with that one poster saying Coles isn't playing too bad. He has 4 TD's. Moss has that many if you combine 2 games: 1st meeting vs Dallas and yesterday vs. Giants. What a joke for them to think that they didn't get the short end of the stick in the Moss-Coles trade.

On a side note: EAT CROW ESPN!!!!! You said we ate a $5million salary cap hit to trade for a lesser receiver. Who's going to the Pro Bowl? I guess Joe Gibbs does know what he's doing. :helmet: :logo:

I'd say there are 20% of there fans on that board that believe Coles is better. Most of them are pissed that Santana is blowing up. Some smart fans over there but for every 5 smart ones there is one mega homer. There team is 3-13 and needs to be blown up, I would not be surprised if Coles and McCareins get released. That franchise needs to rebuild.

There's one guy on there who keeps saying Moss doesn't earn his yards. Then this genius says he went back and rewatched all the Moss TDs from yesterday and that it was horrible defense on the Giants part and that "Moss did nothing special" as if any receiver could have done what Moss has done this year.

Well if it's so easy, let's see Coles do it. Just once. Come on LC, do it once. I dare you. I double dare you.

:eaglesuck

No, it's not even the "vast majority" over there. I see as many moronic posts as I do intelligent ones on that subject.

The guy who says Moss doesn't earn his yards is a complete and utter waste of human DNA. Has he not heard about Moss' deep ball reaction? There's a good chance that many of Brunell's long passes to him (and ramsey's yesterday) would have fallen incomplete or worse if not for Moss ball skills. People think only tall receivers can have that coordination but they are dead wrong. Moss has the ball skills of a Randy Moss but he's 5-9. He can also jump out of the building.

All year he has blocked downfield, fought for extra yards and he has made a variety of catches at different spots on the field. I'm not sure what teh hell those Jets fans are thinking other than being jealous that they gave up Moss and lots of money to get a guy who is still decent, but nowhere near what he used to be.

How ridiculous is it to imply that you have to break tackles on every reception you make to be a good receiver? That's just insane! Moss is putting up great numbers in pretty much every game, so it's not like he's getting lucky with these long plays. He's just a guy who can make those great plays happen.

In any case, Moss does break tackles and does earn his yards. He just doesn't plow through people because he's obviously too small to do that.

Moss is having a better year here than Gary Clark ever had in our Super Bowl years and he is doing it without Art Monk on the other side of the field.

Jets fans can believe what they want but Coles wouldn't be having that kind of year here. He'd have the catches but probably only 3-4 TD's and we'd be 6-9 right now too.

Hello my fellow skins fans. This is my first post here on the boards, but i have been a long time reader. This was posted posted by someone on theganggreen.com.

"iight I wont say no credit cause he did make those plays whether or not Will fallen was covering him. But he has done nothing for the past few weeks. Santana is not a versatile receiver. he can run, and what else. Hes good for quick screens, and go routes. can u name me one instance where Santana has made a tough catch or a catch where he got a good hit cause i cant name any. he drops quite a few passes, and he is as soft as tissue paper. The plays that he made involved a lot of luck. The man is having a good year yes, but is he really as good as some of u make him out to be? i dont think so, but then again that is just my opinion".

There are some serious dimwits over there. When you make a trade that sends a blossoming, gamebreaker all-pro WR to a team that has already raided your talent cabinet in years past, you'll do whatever you can to rationalize it.

"Coles is actually faster than Moss"

"They're using Moss correctly over there, but Coles is actually a more fundamentally sound, complete receiver"

"Moss doesn't work for his yards, he just runs down the field and catches long balls"

1. These poor fools are operating on old facts. Coles allegedly ran a 4.19 on his home track at FSU. This was hand-timed, and on a documented fast track. At one time, he was very fast. But since that toe injury, he hasn't had his old speed. I'm not sure if he ever had the "wiggles", the lateral agility and ball skills, not to mention that 2nd gear. Coles ran all the same routes in DC that Moss is running now. He simply could not separate from his guy on the deep balls. Moss just tears past the same DBs that Coles faced in his time here.

Furthermore, getting open deep is not just about having top-end speed. It's about setting up the CB--making him think you're running a different route, getting him to commit, turn his hips the wrong way for a fraction of a second. That's what Moss did on the stop-&-go for the 59-yarder, as well as on that very basic skinny post for the 72-yarder. Moss had earned himself the space & time to adjust to a high ball expressly because he gained separation from Will Allen, who played him to the outside, fearing the go route in that Cover 1. If the WR doesn't sell the threat of the corner or go route on that play, the DB can play off the WR's inside hip and kill the skinny post. Not only did Coles have trouble running by DBs, he couldn't set up his deep routes, which explains why he caught somewhere in the neighborhood of ZERO balls longer than 40 yards in 2004.

2. Did Coles do anything, EVER, on the slips screens we ran to him? Both Gibbs and Spurrier ran that play, and Coles always got tripped up or tackled early. He almost never made the first guy miss, and even when he did, he couldn't run past the secondary support, getting tackled for a modest gain. Moss is destroying teams with that same play. On that 17 yarder on our opening drive, he catches the pass, darts inside quickly enough that Allen can't trip him, accelerates past the LBs, and follows Dockery in for the score. Last week, vs Dallas, this time on the right side, he weaves past engaged defenders, breaks a shirt collar tackle from the safety, and picks up 32 yards to set up a 1st and Goal.

This isn't even a debate. Moss is far faster, quicker, and better in space. He runs better routes, breaks more tackles, and has much more dependable hands. We fleeced the Jets on this trade.

I have to admit that most of the jets fan realize that moss is good.On the other hand the majority of them say he does not fit in with there system!!I would be very pissed if i had a system that sucked like that!!!My god there are pretty much saying that don't have a long passing game and they like it!!I have news for them they can keep there loser system!!!

You guys do realize that all of Moss' catches this year were on long routes. It's not like he "earns" any of his yards. He did have a nice broken tackle in the 3Q today to score, but it was still open field after that.

Coles catches balls over the middle, overthrown, short, long, etc. Coles is a more complete WR. He, just like Moss had a really good year his first year with the Redskins.

Moss and Coles together on the Jets would have been a fantastic combo, and I have stated that before. To have one or the other though, they are both in the best places for them as players.

Liking Coles, and believing he is a good ballplayer who can help our team is not sunshining. Believing that Moss somehow would have made us better this year without a true number one WR is darksiding though.

^^A guy actually said that.^^

It's a little thing called playing to your strengths.

I'm pretty sure the coaches aren't saying, "Santana, I know you're not the biggest guy, but here's the deal. Instead of breaking ankles on every play, just try to run over every linebacker and safety you see."

Frankly, we've had plenty of "possession" receivers here (Gardner, Westbrook, etc.) lately and you'd have trouble piling any TWO of them up to equal Moss. You could probably put Coles in that group too, since he had almost 100 catches but didn't even break 1000. Plus, he had, what, ONE TD?!

Gimme my Kool-Aid and my Moss, thanks.

Coles is suffering from a lack of a QB, however, he cannot touch the quickness and lateral agility of Moss. Coles makes the "tough" catches cause the defender is on him like white on rice. Just look at Will Allen yesterday. Moss make him look like a chump. And saying Moss isn't a possesion rec is laughable because you don't have to throw it to the marker on 3rd down. Moss can make the play. He also has a penchant for selling the deeper route then slamming on the brakes, making the catch at the sticks then doing the first down dance. repeat.

Archived