Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ganggreen just won't admit Moss is better..

skin_finatic

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=27559

I was wondering what Jet fans were sayin about moss' game yesterday, and its funny what some people say in the thread. Like "Santana doesn't work for his yards, he just catches deep balls and can't break tackles". :laugh: I just had to laugh when I read that because he is basically the master of the wr screen and breaking tackles for a wr. Most wr just catch the ball and go down when close to a defender.

You mean Laveryass Toes? I swear everytime the screen was thrown to him last year, he would take about two steps and he was down.

Okay, let's talk asinine, to use your word. I just watched the clips again.

The first screen play: the two Giant defenders that were right there fell down. One barely got a hand on Moss as he ran by. No credit for Moss there.

The second TD, Coles was about a yard in front of Allen. Allen never had a chance to catch him. No credit for Moss.

The last one, Allen didn't almost trip. He fell backward, over his own feet, and never had a chance to make a play on Moss. Again, no credit for Moss.

He made no plays on his own today. It was all about Allen blowing his coverage, over and over again. So go ahead, tell me how asinine I am. I must be watching a totally different version of American football than all of the Moss supporters.

This is the biggest head-in-the-sand guy of the whole bunch.

1. "Two Giant defenders that were right there fell down....No credit for Moss there" HUH?

2. "(Moss) was about a yard in front....Allen never had a chance to catch him. No credit for Moss." HUH? and oh yeah, HUH?

3. "Allen....fell backward over his own feet...never had a chance to make a play on Moss. No credit for Moss." HUH, HUH, HUH???

Ummm, why do you think those Giant defenders fell down? Was there an earthquake? Nope, to coin a phrase, Moss felled them down.

Ummm, no credit for badly beating his man deep and then making a great adjustment to a badly underthrown ball? Mkay.

Ummm, no credit for making an even better adjustment to a ball throw to the wrong shoulder and having the body control to keep his feet after the adjustment and making contact with the flailing defender? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

D-E-N-I-A-L : An unconscious defense mechanism characterized by refusal to acknowledge painful realities, thoughts, or feelings.

And I keep hearing that Coles is not being used correctly. What I'm trying to figure out is how exactly do you use a smallish possession receiver who's biggest asset is that he can take a hit. Wasn't that Bubby Brister's biggest asset. Coles can't get deep. Coles doesn't do well running the slip screen. He runs a slant well but that is a very easy pattern to defense if you know he can't beat you deep. We saw that all last year.

Archived