Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys make me sick - sleezy wins

greenmile

I'm starting to learn more and more from extremeskins that Dallas has cheated their way to 9 wins and the skins have been cheated for all 6 of their losses. As stated earlier, you are in the drivers seat and you have nothing to worry about. Both teams will probably finish 10-6 with the skins preparing for a first round playoff game and Dallas peparing for next year. You have nothing to worry about!? Right? ;)

I could have sworn (maybe it is my glaucoma kicking in) that the ball hit peppers near the rib area (left side). That call was a sham. Unbelievable how "some people" (I won't say they were monochromatic uniforms, no, not me) want to keep "America's Team" in the hunt. Blah, I almost hurled.

I'm starting to learn more and more from extremeskins that Dallas has cheated their way to 9 wins and the skins have been cheated for all 6 of their losses. As stated earlier, you are in the drivers seat and you have nothing to worry about. Both teams will probably finish 10-6 with the skins preparing for a first round playoff game and Dallas peparing for next year. You have nothing to worry about!? Right? ;)

I remember hearing in last week's game that Dallas was the least penalized team in the league. Perhaps this is why you don't understand why some teams find the refereeing suspiscious. I didn't see the Dallas game, so I don't know if they were "helped" or the calls were fair. The Redskins actually got "helped" a little yesterday. Though there were a number of calls against us that didn't make sense, like two consecutive blown delay of game penalties. Anywho, the fact that your team is the least penalized means one of only two possibilities: a) they play cleaner than everyone else or B) they receive concious or unconscious favortism. Being a skins fan, I vote for the latter :)

I remember hearing in last week's game that Dallas was the least penalized team in the league. Perhaps this is why you don't understand why some teams find the refereeing suspiscious. I didn't see the Dallas game, so I don't know if they were "helped" or the calls were fair. The Redskins actually got "helped" a little yesterday. Though there were a number of calls against us that didn't make sense, like two consecutive blown delay of game penalties. Anywho, the fact that your team is the least penalized means one of only two possibilities: a) they play cleaner than everyone else or B) they receive concious or unconscious favortism. Being a skins fan, I vote for the latter :)

From a Carolina Paper....

"There were plenty of problems that can't be blamed on the referees. Dallas ran for 214 yards and the Panthers allowed more than 300 yards of total offense (394) for the first time in 10 games. Even before Smith's ejection, the offense struggled. The running game produced just 71 yards. Quarterback Jake Delhomme fumbled three times (losing one), was sacked three times and intercepted once while completing 14 of 31 passes for 260 yards. That puts the Panthers in a situation where they may have played their final home game of the season."

I understand that you hate the Cowboys but please don't be so naive to think that diehard Boys fans don't yell @ the TV every week against what we feel are "bogus" calls. We bleed for our team just as you bleed for yours. If anything, sometimes I believe there is a Cowboys bias or backlash based on past success and franchise visibility. I saw that stat about being the least penalized team a couple weeks ago and honestly I would be surprised if we hold that honor based on the play of our tackles alone the last couple weeks. This should be something that every team strives for. Parcell's is known as a disciplinarian. That might have something to do with it.

From a Carolina Paper....

"There were plenty of problems that can't be blamed on the referees. Dallas ran for 214 yards and the Panthers allowed more than 300 yards of total offense (394) for the first time in 10 games. Even before Smith's ejection, the offense struggled. The running game produced just 71 yards. Quarterback Jake Delhomme fumbled three times (losing one), was sacked three times and intercepted once while completing 14 of 31 passes for 260 yards. That puts the Panthers in a situation where they may have played their final home game of the season."

I understand that you hate the Cowboys but please don't be so naive to think that diehard Boys fans don't yell @ the TV every week against what we feel are "bogus" calls. We bleed for our team just as you bleed for yours. If anything, sometimes I believe there is a Cowboys bias or backlash based on past success and franchise visibility. I saw that stat about being the least penalized team a couple weeks ago and honestly I would be surprised if we hold that honor based on the play of our tackles alone the last couple weeks. This should be something that every team strives for. Parcell's is known as a disciplinarian. That might have something to do with it.

I absolutely, one hundred and ninety seven percent cannot stand anything that has to do with the Dallas Cowboys. From the stupid star to their toilet bowl stadium. However... I can't understand some of the false assumptions people make here sometimes. Dallas is a disciplined football team. To say there is a bias for them is a bit insane. Do I think Steve Smith getting tossed was iffy, you betcha. But come on, people. Just because we hate them doesn't mean that they don't earn most of what's given to them. They are a good football team like it or not.

Perception is very powerful here. I've started using the term "reffed" because we have been abused by the refs so often in recent weeks. I have seen the Cowboys be beneficiaries quite a few times. I don't know if that's because of emotion or rivalry... but we all tend to notice more when we get screwed than when we get lucky. I think the Cowboys have been on the plus side more often than not when it comes to which way a close game falls.

Consider Michael Irvin. Called correctly he would have received at least eight offensive pass interference calls a game ;)

Kdawg, my percentage of disdain is actually incalculable. I have tried to put it into words, and in written form before, but I cannot. I get glazed over (nearly psychotic really) when I even THINK of the Boys (like now, I am getting all riled up), let alone see their putrid team on the field. Oh man, need to hurl, brb.

Perception is very powerful here. I've started using the term "reffed" because we have been abused by the refs so often in recent weeks. I have seen the Cowboys be beneficiaries quite a few times. I don't know if that's because of emotion or rivalry... but we all tend to notice more when we get screwed than when we get lucky. I think the Cowboys have been on the plus side more often than not when it comes to which way a close game falls.

Consider Michael Irvin. Called correctly he would have received at least eight offensive pass interference calls a game ;)

I know it's insane to try to initiate a sensible cowboys related discussion in enemy territory but I do it anyway because well, it's fun and every now and then I come across a couple to level with me a little. This is the bottom line... when your hated arch rival is the benificiary of a pivotal, "questionable" yet correct call you're first assumption will always be that it was BS. It's human nature to highlight some calls yet ignore others that "help" your team or the team you're rooting for.

Kdawg, my percentage of disdain is actually incalculable. I have tried to put it into words, and in written form before, but I cannot. I get glazed over (nearly psychotic really) when I even THINK of the Boys (like now, I am getting all riled up), let alone see their putrid team on the field. Oh man, need to hurl, brb.

Tabula,

You have no idea how much I despise them either. Can't stand 'em. But I give credit where it's due :)

Without a doubt, I agree. We weren't getting ANY "help" earlier in the year, but reality is reality, and over the last couple of weeks we have gotten some (I say some, because those that "went against us" (not all, but CRITICAL calls, like, ok: your ball on the one after a fictional PI call) were just flat out absurd) help from calls that have turned out to be extremely critical. Maybe, just maybe, there is some underlying factor or variables in the way refs call games down the stretch for certain teams (who knows), and maybe we are starting to get the "benefit of the doubt" on some of those critical calls that would otherwise crush our hopes. Evening out? Getting close, but still not even yet. I will forever go to my grave KNOWING Alstott did NOT GET IN and that Plummer, did in fact, fumble that ball, period.

I don't think anyone is saying Dallas cheated. Not at all. Just that there is something of a pro-Dallas bias with the refs, just as there is an anti-Oakland bias. On top of that, any Skins fan who is worth the name will tell you that we have flat been beat a number of times this year. Personally, I am only seriously upset with the Denver and Tampa games. Those two games were seriously influenced by negatively for the Skins by poor officiating. Correct them and this team is 11-4 today and in the drivers set for a first round bye. In the other games this year we either let teams hang around too long (KC, San Diego and Oakland all come to mind) or just got outplayed (see the 36-0 a$$ whipping NY laid on us earlier).

The bottom line is that if Washington had played well, poor officiating would likely not have been a problem anywhere (excepting Denver and Tampa Bay). The same should be said for Carolina yesterday. Do I think the Cowboys got lucky with the call on the FG late? Yes and the room full of Cowboy fans I was with agreed with me. However, had Carolina not let Jones and the Dallas offence run wild, that call would not have made a difference. That is just the way it is.

That was one of those plays where you could kinda tell Peppers tipped the ball, but there wasn't enough visual evidence to overturn the call. Dallas got lucky there, but the refs made the right call on the replay.

Kdawg, I believe we are probably dead even on the hate for the Boys. I would not propose to challenge that. And, as far as giving credit where credit is do, I do the same. I am an unbiased, non-partisan fan when it comes to calls, players, and the appreciation of rival coaches. I made a great post on a site I have been going to for 3+ years regarding the possible retirement of one Mr. Bill Parcells. And, yes, I showed much love for the lug. This is my post, if you care to read: http://www.fantasyfootball.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19560

The Denver game was the one this year that really got to me. They reffed a safety, they reffed a made fifty-three yard field goal, and they reffed a touchdown. That's twelve points that the refs took off the board on a game decided by three.

To be honest, I don't see Dallas enough to know if they are treated with the same malice as the 'Skins have been. I completely believe that Dallas' fans believe they are. But they are by definition delusional, else they wouldn't be Dallas fans :) Every team feels they can get victimized by the close calls, the phantom calls, the wrong calls, but only one and that's unfortunately us has led the league in official apologies for blown calls three years running.

Archived