Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BS call in dallas game.

Sherlock Holmes

Panthers got called for running into the kicker after Dallas missed a game tying field goal then they go in for the game winning TD. Replay on the kick showed that Julius Peppers had the ball brush off his hip on the way up and changed the direction of the ball. Play gets reviewed only after John Fox calls a timeout and the play stands as called. Steve Smith gets ejected after Terrence Newman slammed him late out of bounds. Smith gets up and tugs at the ref around his waist to get his attention, ref throws flag for unsportsmanlike conduct and then ejects Steve Smith halfway thru the 3rd quarter. I am used to seeing Dallas get calls their way at home but now they get them on the road too. Geez!!

The ball does not change direction at all.

How about that holding call on the Giants touchdown throw, or what about the roughing the passer call for giving Ramsey a hug?

:doh:

Those were hardly game changing plays or ones that involved removing the key cog to the opponent's offense. In addition, whether or not the ball changed direction is immaterial; if the ball is tipped, there should be no running into the kicker.

As for us, there was holding on Wynn. Watch the video again. And that roughing call didn't have anything to do with our march down the field. We were moving the ball and we didn't need that call like you guys did.

Congrats, the refs thought today was Christmas. They even got that wrong too.

Alas, all it takes for us it to beat Philly. I won't ever take any game for granted, especially those on the road at a division rival, but we outta take that game, which would mean that y'all will be enjoying the playoffs at home.

Panthers got called for running into the kicker after Dallas missed a game tying field goal then they go in for the game winning TD. Replay on the kick showed that Julius Peppers had the ball brush off his hip on the way up and changed the direction of the ball. Play gets reviewed only after John Fox calls a timeout and the play stands as called. Steve Smith gets ejected after Terrence Newman slammed him late out of bounds. Smith gets up and tugs at the ref around his waist to get his attention, ref throws flag for unsportsmanlike conduct and then ejects Steve Smith halfway thru the 3rd quarter. I am used to seeing Dallas get calls their way at home but now they get them on the road too. Geez!!

Probably the most biased review of what happened that is possible! :applause: Nice job.

Newman didn't hit him late, clean hit. You forgot to mention that Smith was cursing his head off when he was pulling on him. You CANNOT be sure about what he said. I am sure that they were expletives, probably directed at the official. Must have been to be ejected.

I am not a Dallas fan, but there wasn't any replay of that field goal that was conclusive. I don't think the refs could have done anything other than leave the play as called on the field. The things that would have made it conclusive -- a deflected trajectory or change in the ball's rotation, and concurrent movement of a player's hand or other body/uniform part -- just weren't there.

Regarding the ejection, that's one that will have to wait for further explanation. I'm sure there will be something about it on NFL.com and probably the Panthers website this week.

I'm giving Dallas more credit.

They did a great job at rebounding from the pasting the Skins laid on them last week :D and went into Carolina and beat a Panther team who needed the win badly.

Credit to Parcells and company for not mailing it in when everyone (including me) thought they would.

:applause: :cheers:

That is exactly right.

Kudos to the way the Redskins have been playing the past couple of weeks. they are the best team in the East right now.

I'm giving Dallas more credit.

They did a great job at rebounding from the pasting the Skins laid on them last week :D and went into Carolina and beat a Panther team who needed the win badly.

Credit to Parcells and company for not mailing it in when everyone (including me) thought they would.

I have to agree -- I thought Carolina was going to annhilate Dallas (and posted a thread saying as much). The fact that they rebounded and played so well is not only a tribute to the Girls and Parcells, but a tribute to the Skins secondary. The Panthers got 5 sacks on Bleedsoe, 3 from Peppers. The Skins got 7 sacks on Bleedsoe, 4 from Daniels. The Panthers gave up 24 points, the Skins gave up 7.

So, congrats on staying alive one more week, Cowboys! I look forward to the Skins and Panthers crushing your playoff hopes this week! :)

The Panthers got 5 sacks on Bleedsoe, 3 from Peppers. The Skins got 7 sacks on Bleedsoe, 4 from Daniels. The Panthers gave up 24 points, the Skins gave up 7.

A couple of those sacks were Bledsoe running out of bounds before the line of scrimage. And one of them was for a loss of half a yard. The O-line did much better than they performed in the skins game.

A couple of those sacks were Bledsoe running out of bounds before the line of scrimage. And one of them was for a loss of half a yard. The O-line did much better than they performed in the skins game.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Talk about revisionist history. What couple of sacks did Bledsoe run out of bounds? Did you watch the game? 35-7, a country ass whuppin'. You remember, right?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Talk about revisionist history. What couple of sacks did Bledsoe run out of bounds? Did you watch the game? 35-7, a country ass whuppin'. You remember, right?

I was talking about the Panthers game. I assumed saying "The O-line did much better than they performed in the skins game." would suggest that I was not talking about the performance against the Skins.

Thank you for your time.

Archived