Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our players are better than your players (merged)

NomadicSkinFan

Are you KIDDING me???

Portis better than Barber!!?? :laugh:

Cooley better than Shockey?? :laugh:

Here let me help you.

Barber >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Portis

Shockey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cooley

Toomer >>>>>>>> Any #2 you have

Moss = Burress (I'll give you that, even though Buress presents a more difficult match up for most teams)

Manning > Brunell

I can go on and on and on. There aren't many teams in the NFL that match the Giants talent at the skills position. And guess what? Skins aren't one of those other teams. :applause:

Then what will be your excuse when you lose tomorrow?

I would agree Shockey is the better pass catching TE. However blocking for the running game evens them two out in my mind.

-Shockey has actually improved greatly in blocking over the last two years, he's not a top notch blocker, but still much improved and no longer a liability.

-All those people that said "who is Gibril Wilson?" need to understand that, that is the same thing many people say about Chris Cooley. I do think that despite Wilson's stats being better Taylor is still better (although in situations where the stats are in your favor you Skins fans seem to ignore that belief)

I know that if Phifer plays he will be his shadow...no matter how much you want to bash my Giants you can not deny the fact that it is goingto be a great game.

has phifer even played since the superbowl? correct me on this but i don't think he's even going to dress for this game, i think it said he was sore...and im not trying to make a joke, it was from the same article i got my tiki quote

-All those people that said "who is Gibril Wilson?" need to understand that, that is the same thing many people say about Chris Cooley.

well, then "those people" don't know much about the NFL. Cooley is one of the top players at his position, whether you look at him as H-back OR T.E.

On the other hand, even persons knowledgable about the NFL are highly likely to say, "WHO THE HECK IS GIBRIL WILSON?" !

So I ask a question about Feely's ability to get the pointy thing through the uprights and I get a reference to Feely's leading the league in squib kicks?! :rotflmao:

You're NOT serious?! :rotflmao:

"FEAR the squib kicker!!" :rotflmao:

So, you're saying if the G'aints are trying to milk a 2 point lead with 1:30 left, they'll be able to count on their SQUIB KICKER?!! :rotflmao:

Good times. :cheers:

UMMM...NO I am just stating the truth,Shockeys numbers are bette rthan Cooleys and Gibrils numbers are better than Seans....I am just saying

I like Wilson, former Tenn. Volunteer (my college team) but how many articles have you read about his pro-bowl snub????

For a db the more tackles and pass defends you have the less other teams respect you. If you're good they shy away.

Shockey does have better numbers, but his blocking and versitility is less than 2nd year Chris Cooley. Right now you give the nod to Shockey... but not by much. and if you count over all depth at the position... the Skins have it hands down.

Tiki's production is more important to the Giants, and that gives him the nod, though Portis is an overall better back, and may sneak up on Tiki the next couple games. Qb sorry but Brunell is an over all better QB right now,Same with depth at Running Back, QB, and we have a better OL flat out(even with Thomas out), WR #1 the Skins, #2 Giants, Depth Giants, FB/HB Blocker Skins..

Special Teams PK-even, Punter- Giants, Return teams- even, Coverage teams Skins

Defense the Giants have better pass rushing DE, we have better run stopping DE, advantage Giants... but DT, LB's, CB's, Safety... and depth.. the Skins a clear advantage

Coaching,.. HC Gibbs no contest, Staff, again Skin's huge advantage

Overall team experience... Skins, Overall team speed... Skins

I like Wilson, former Tenn. Volunteer (my college team) but how many articles have you read about his pro-bowl snub????

For a db the more tackles and pass defends you have the less other teams respect you. If you're good they shy away.

Shockey does have better numbers, but his blocking and versitility is less than 2nd year Chris Cooley. Right now you give the nod to Shockey... but not by much. and if you count over all depth at the position... the Skins have it hands down.

Tiki's production is more important to the Giants, and that gives him the nod, though Portis is an overall better back, and may sneak up on Tiki the next couple games. Qb sorry but Brunell is an over all better QB right now,Same with depth at Running Back, QB, and we have a better OL flat out(even with Thomas out), WR #1 the Skins, #2 Giants, Depth Giants, FB/HB Blocker Skins..

Special Teams PK-even, Punter- Giants, Return teams- even, Coverage teams Skins

Defense the Giants have better pass rushing DE, we have better run stopping DE, advantage Giants... but DT, LB's, CB's, Safety... and depth.. the Skins a clear advantage

Coaching,.. HC Gibbs no contest, Staff, again Skin's huge advantage

Overall team experience... Skins, Overall team speed... Skins

How is Portis a better overall back when Tiki is a better runner, a better receiver, and a better blocker? Am I forgetting something?

Also what DE do you have that is better than Strahan at run stopping? Even Osi has been pretty good this year, but Strahan...c'mon.

EDIT: I didn't want to make another post, but in response to the post below you are forgetting that Griffin is a DT and comparing a DE to a DT is just as stupid as comparing an H-Back to a TE, which is what this whole thread had been.

the giants are 3rd in the NFL in dropped passes with 34, the top two are NO and Philly tied at 36, Shockey is in a 9-way tie for 14th in drops with 6 tieing such notables as Crumpler and Coles

The dropped passes thingie is the reason why I earlier put Cooley at worst equal with Shlockey! I'm sorry, but when I think of Jermy Shlockey, I think choke artist! Clutch dropper!

How is Portis a better overall back when Tiki is a better runner, a better receiver, and a better blocker? Am I forgetting something?

Also what DE do you have that is better than Strahan at run stopping? Even Osi has been pretty good this year, but Strahan...c'mon.

oh please don't even try and spin that BS

Tiki's has some big runs this season and last, but he ain't that great a blocker at all, anything outside a dump off or screen.. forget looking for Tiki, and Short Yardage Portis has been getting it down the last 4 games, the Giants have someone else to do the dirty work. (he's from my town of Roanoke, and a Skins fan... no disrespect just honesty)

Strahan has never been able to stop the run effectively... the book on him has always been run right at him, which is one reason why Jansen usually has a very good game against him. Both Wynn and Daniels are outstanding playing the run. Last season we allowed a league best 3.1 YPC avg against us, this year, since Griffin's return we are third with a 3.48 YPC. You take away about 6 long runs and the Skins ypc avg for the season is like 2.3 ypc

Gonna take a stab at a reasonably objective comparison (atleast for a Skins fan):

QB: Eli is more of a liability than Brunell turnover-wise (advantage: Skins)

RB: Tiki wins by a lot, even though I like Portis better and think he has more raw talent. They are both great all-around players so you have to go to the man having the monster season (advantage: Giants)

WR: Moss vs. Burress, Pure Speed vs. Height... I give Santana the edge because he has better numbers with less of a supporting cast. Ovgerall, though... (advantage: Giants)

TE/H-back: I like Cooley better but making the comparison to Shockey is hard to do, both have game-breaking ability but do not always show it (Push, except when it comes to blocking where Cooley is better)

Oline: Both are about average (Push)

DE: Umenyiora and Strahan are VERY good (advantage: Giants)

DT: Griffin vs. ???, it doesn't even matter... Griffin is one of the better tackles in the league when he can stay healthy (advantage: Redskins)

LB: No one really disputes that the Skins have a better group of linebackers here (advantage: Skins)

CB: Shawn Springs is the best overall we'll see in this game, just a bit better than Will Allen has been lately (slight advantage: Skins)

Safeties: Two words... Sean Taylor (BIG advantage: Skins)

Giants: 3, Skins: 4, Push: 2

I'm a firm believer that the first game was partially a fluke, partially a big emotional game for the Giants, and partially Antonio Pierce being all over our defensive calls. The Redskins will make this game interesting, so you Giants fans better not get too ****y.

Archived