Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our players are better than your players (merged)

NomadicSkinFan

This is one thing that I have heard from from many Giants fans and more than a handful of analysts. In my opinion, I just don't see it. If we compare their offense "weapons" to ours:

Brunell > Manning

Portis = Barber

Cooley = Shockey

Moss > Burress

Thrash/Jacobs < Toomer

This doesn't even account for Royal and Sellers, who have come up big for the Redskins this year in spots. If anything, this is a push. I will say that they have a more aggressive attack, but certainly not more "weapons".

Am I missing something here?

yes. you are missing the fact that giants fans are increasingly becoming the most annoying, myopic fans on the face of the earth who think their players are light years better than any football players who have ever played the game.

God, i hope the skins beat that ass tomorrow and shut those ass hats up.

yeah you're missing Taylor/Springs > I don't even know. An average secondary. Pierce and Washington are a push. Their D ends > our d ends. Hall >>>> Feely.

I agree. Honestly, I didn't want to include a defense comparison, because I think the Redskins defense is quite a bit stronger (other than the DEs). But just looking at it from an offensive perspective, I just don't see what the big difference is.

:whoknows:

This is one thing that I have heard from from many Giants fans and more than a handful of analysts. In my opinion, I just don't see it. If we compare their offense "weapons" to ours:

Brunell > Manning

Portis = Barber

Cooley = Shockey

Moss > Burress

Thrash/Jacobs < Toomer

This doesn't even account for Royal and Sellers, who have come up big for the Redskins this year in spots. If anything, this is a push. I will say that they have a more aggressive attack, but certainly not more "weapons".

How about in THIS universe?

Portis=Tiki

Cooley=Shockey

Why don't you go ask some NFL personell men about those?

Portis and Tiki as runners, this year Tiki has the advantage. However, I could even concede that if Tiki weren't such a huge weapon in the passing game, something that is barely part of Portis's repetoire. As an overall weapon, Tiki wins in a landslide.

Take away Cooley's 3TD day last week (and don't get me wrong, we're all glad to have this guy) Shockey is a much more dangerous weapon that Cooley. Bigger, faster, better hands. And although Moss I'd take over Burress, Toomer and Carter are also a landslide compared with what we've got. Let's be real here, the Giants do have more weapons.

Brunell > Manning

Portis = Barber

Cooley = Shockey

Moss > Burress

Thrash/Jacobs < Toomer

Are you KIDDING me???

Portis better than Barber!!?? :laugh:

Cooley better than Shockey?? :laugh:

Here let me help you.

Barber >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Portis

Shockey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cooley

Toomer >>>>>>>> Any #2 you have

Moss = Burress (I'll give you that, even though Buress presents a more difficult match up for most teams)

Manning > Brunell

I can go on and on and on. There aren't many teams in the NFL that match the Giants talent at the skills position. And guess what? Skins aren't one of those other teams. :applause:

yeah you're missing Taylor/Springs > I don't even know. An average secondary. Pierce and Washington are a push. Their D ends > our d ends. Hall >>>> Feely.

THERE IS NO WAY PEIRCE AND WASHINGTON ARE A PUSH, Washington is a great linebacker who should be in the pro-bowl, Peirce is a overrated peice of Crap...

Are you KIDDING me???

Here let me help you.

Moss = Burress (I'll give you that, even though Buress presents a more difficult match up for most teams)

Manning > Brunell

I can go on and on and on. There aren't many teams in the NFL that match the Giants talent at the skills position. And guess what? Skins aren't one of those other teams. :applause:

Lmao Santana moss is twice as good as Burress and if Burress is so much a more difficult matchup for most other teams then how come Moss is in double coverage every game and teams only bother to put one guy on Burress

Manning is better then Brunell huh, just look at their qb rating

Cooley is way better then Shockey considering how much we throw to him compared to how much you throw to shockey

Barber maybe a better runner then Portis, but as an all around player, Portis is way better, he can actually block and catch

Are you KIDDING me???

Here let me help you.

Manning > Brunell

somebody was absent the day they taught that "=" means "equal to"...

manning better than brunell? good gawd, man...

Barber maybe a better runner then Portis, but as an all around player, Portis is way better, he can actually block and catch

Dude Tiki is one of the best recieving running backs in the nfl. You have to give Tiki the advantage in running and recieving and portis the advantage in blocking. That being said...the skins are still gonna kick some midget butt this saturday!

:gaintsuck

Lmao Santana moss is twice as good as Burress and if Burress is so much a more difficult matchup for most other teams then how come Moss is in double coverage every game and teams only bother to put one guy on Burress

Manning is better then Brunell huh, just look at their qb rating

Cooley is way better then Shockey considering how much we throw to him compared to how much you throw to shockey

You my friend, are insane.

Portis a better all around back than Barber? Barber is not only a better pure runner, he's also one of the best all-around backs in the league. He's a better or comparable blocker, he's a WAY bigger threat aout of the back-field. (As evidenced by his NFL leading All-purpose yards last year, and this year). :laugh: May I remind you last head to head? Portis 9 yards, Barber 206 in 3 Qtr's. :applause:

Manning is 1000X's more clutch than Choke artist Brunell. QB rating is BS. They put to much emphasis on complettion percantage. Anyone who knows anything about football, know's better than to go by it.

Watch some Giant games. You'll soon learn that Burress is double teamed at times. They can't double him all the time because there are just TOO many other players to worry about. They usually double Shockey more often than not.

Get real.

But this is trhe funniest of them all.

Cooley = Shockey

Barber = Portis

It takes a serious homer to actually believe that. Portis isn't even a top 5 back in the League! Barber is. Cooley isn't a top 5 TE in the league! Shockey is. That game on Saturday must have REALLY gotten the band-wagoners Fired up!

yes. you are missing the fact that giants fans are increasingly becoming the most annoying, myopic fans on the face of the earth who think their players are light years better than any football players who have ever played the game.

God, i hope the skins beat that ass tomorrow and shut those ass hats up.

Speaking of AssHats .. I think it was that troll "Eli the Fumbler" who said that he thought that this G'aints team was the best ever! :insane:

hey bluenitemare, ur an idiot, and not only that, u think eli is better than brunell?! LMAO hahahahahaha he got so nervous at his last trip to fed-ex he even told the post that they(the fans) were loud and "kinda scared him" hahahaha!!! osi and strahan is all u got, and we got lavar, griffin, daniels, washington, taylor....i cant even name them all since they much better than the G-women, u make me laff too hard

Yeah your right. Griffin is pound for pound better than Strahan. :applause:

for God sakes, man. they play different positions. dont backtrack- you have no idea who griffin is. shame on you.

the giants have 2 very good defensive players who are suiting up tomorrow and thats it. you dont really think the skins arent better than they are do you?

for God sakes, man. they play different positions. dont backtrack- you have no idea who griffin is. shame on you.

the giants have 2 very good defensive players who are suiting up tomorrow and thats it. you dont really think the skins arent better than they are do you?

I don't know who Cornelius Griffin is? He was on the GIANTS just 2 years ago Slap-Nuts.

Correction. The Giants have arguably the TOP 5 all-around Defensive players in the NFC, maybe league suiting up tommorrow. You can't dispute that.

What exactly are you trying to say? That the Skins D-Line is better than the Giants?

Archived