Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Notorious B.I.G. "Duets: The Final Chapter"

KDawg

Diddy did an absolutely awesome job with this CD in my opinion. The beats are right, the lyrics are good and the featured list may very well be the best featured list of all time...

The features: Diddy, Eminem, Obie Trice, Twista, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Jay-Z, Big Pun, Fat Joe, Freeway, Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, Faith Evans, Cheri Dennis, Bobby Valentino, The Game, Nelly, Jagged Edge, Avery Storm, 2Pac, Mary J. Blige, Nas, Lil' Wayne, Juelz Santana, Jim Jones, Mobb Deep, Scarface, Akon, Big Gee, TI, Slim Thug, Missy Elliot, R. Kelly, Charlie Wilson, Bob Marley, The Clipse, Korn.

This is probably the best CD I've bought all year. Everything about it is nice.

Anyone else heard it?

That song he put out with Bob Marley is pretty cool. The beats didn't really match however, and that bothered me, but all in all I like what I've heard.

That's my only gripe. There's a few songs that the beat doesn't match the flow, but, that's going to happen when you're trying to put stuff out that was done years before...

Seeing that this is just a bald-faced attempt to squeeze every possible dime out of Biggie's memory, I am hesitant. But if its good, I may check it out.

I would agree any other time, or even this time if the person that put this thing together WASN'T Diddy. Diddy and B.I.G. were always best friends, and Diddy is even helping with the raising of B.I.G.'s children. This CD took awhile for Diddy to put out, so you know he took his time on this one and made sure it was good.

But yeah, it will help line his pockets, too.

Well, if its as good as you say it is, I'll check it out.

Some tracks to check out, if you can find them online...

"Spit Your Game" - Ft. Twista, Bone Thugs

"Living in Pain" - ft. Mary J., Nas, Pac

"Hold ya Head" - ft. Bob Marley

"Wake Up" - ft. Korn

I'm partial to alternative beats with raps over top, so maybe that's why I like the Korn song... But it never ceases to amaze me that whenever a rap thread is started, someone has to come in and put in their opinion about the genre. I don't care if you don't like it, if the topic isn't for you go away.

I bought this album...its not bad. Its not something that I will label a "classic" by any means.

But if you like Biggie and enjoy the artists that are on there with him then you will find it is worth your while to purchase. There are a few tracks that are very solid then there are a few that are skipworthy.

The track with The Game is nice, there is one with the Terror Squad that is one of the better ones on the album. Also there is one with The Clipse (who I personally love) that is nice. Overall its worth getting if you can appreciate what the goal of the album was....keep BIG's name & spirit alive and blend his lyrics with a variety of artists.

Some of the tracks have entire verses from BIG that are from his old albums. I was reciting the entire verse during the first time i listened to the track. Em is on there but that track doesnt have BIG laying any verses which is disappointing. Same with the Juelez/Lil'Wayne track.

Overall I would grade it a solid "B".

Personally, I think it's a buffet of producers and artists. If you like the Yams and not the Collard Greens at Old Country Buffet, then guess what you are gonna get another helping of when it's time for seconds? That's how this album is, you choose a flavor you like and stick with it.

In other words, it's watered down with too many flavors. Why not have one producer and cut down the guest appearances from around 1000 to say 5? If the album is a farewell to BIG, then why not let BIG shine? I don't want to hear all the other cats rhyming and 50 million different producers. If that was the case I would just buy their albums.

I like consistency. One producer = one style of sound. I hate adjusting my ears for the next song produced by someone totally different, with a different sound, different beat count, and totally different guidelines as to what classifies as a good beat. I wish more people would adopt this formula because it breeds success. If there is a different producer on almost every track, the album doesn't blend well IMO. The following albums are examples of artists who chose to follow that formula: Chronic 2001 -Dr. Dre' (or almost any of Dre's albums), Late Registration -Kanye West, The Minstrel Show - Little Brother, Reflection Eternal -Talib Kweli, any of Gangstar's albums and Like Water for Chocolate - Common, just to name a few classics.

I mean, why pay 3 million dollars for a team of producers when I'm sure you can get ONE for alot cheaper.

All of that said, I think it's a halfway decent attempt to ressurect BIG for one last time, but the album definitely lacks replay value. I mean I skip through most of the CD and MAYBE listen to one or two songs. That qualifies as an unsuccessful total package in my book.

However, there is one bright spot. My favorite track by far is "1970-somethin" featuring Game and Faith Evans. That beat is hard as hell. I just wish I could get the same feeling from the rest of the tracks when I listen to them.

I'm partial to alternative beats with raps over top, so maybe that's why I like the Korn song... But it never ceases to amaze me that whenever a rap thread is started, someone has to come in and put in their opinion about the genre. I don't care if you don't like it, if the topic isn't for you go away.

Maaaaaaaaaan....you must be reading my mind....to me if you dont hip hop why in the world do you click on the link :doh:

Personally, I think it's a buffet of producers and artists. If you like the Yams and not the Collard Greens at Old Country Buffet, then guess what you are gonna get another helping of when it's time for seconds? That's how this album is, you choose a flavor you like and stick with it.

In other words, it's watered down. Why not have one producer and cut down the guest appearances from around 1000 to say 5? If the album is a farewell to BIG, then why not let BIG shine? I don't want to hear all the other cats rhyming and 50 million different producers. If that was the case I would just buy their albums.

I like consistency, one producer = one style of sound. I wish more people would adopt this formula because it breeds success. If there is a different producer on almost every track, the album doesn't blend well IMO. The following albums are examples of artists who chose to follow that formula: Chronic 2001 -Dr. Dre', Late Registration -Kanye West, The Minstrel Show - Little Brother, Reflection Eternal -Talib Kweli and Like Water for Chacolate - Common, to name a few classics.

All of that said, I think it's a decent attempt to ressurect BIG for one last time. But the album lacks replay value. My favorite track by far is "1970-something." That beat is hard as hell. I just wish I could get the same feeling from the rest of the tracks when I listen to them.

Well said......Big is top 3 of all time he does not need a rack of producer and guests...

Archived