Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I don't think Williams will blitz the Giants

Ira

Here's why.

1) Contrary to popular belief, Eli has been more effective against the blitz than when teams use more players in coverage. Teams have been realizing that lately and that's why Eli's been in a slump.

2) Carlos Rogers probably won't play. When you do blitz, you leave your corners in single coverage on the other teams receivers. With a starting corner out, that's dangerous.

3) Springs did not practice yesterday, and may be playing hurt on Saturday. He can do it, but if he isn't 100% he may need help on Burress.

The old saying is fake the blitz for the young QBs and blitz the heck out of the old ones. I'm not exactly sure why that is but I have heard it many times.

The other saying is that you blitz early in the season, you SHOW blitz late in the season....

As for why the former saying is true, you want young quarterback to "see" openings that aren't really there and throw the ball. You want old/experienced quarterbacks to not have the time to find the real holes in the coverage.

I think you have to pick your spots when to blitz and when not to blitz I am sure GW will come up with a scheme that will buffle him have to remember he is still very young and raw and this is his biggest game to date GW and his staff has something up their sleeves.

I have no doubt in my mind that Williams and Co. will impart a perfect gameplan against both Eli and Tiki this week. The defense was embarrassed the last time out against the Giants to the tune of 36 points. This defense is way too talented in both the coaching and player departments to let anything close to that happen again.

I must say that I do wish Carlos was able to play, because he is 100 times better than Walt in run support. But, with the d-line the healthiest it's been all year, and with LaVar back in the line-up, I don't see Tiki thrashing this defense again. Sure, he'll get his yards and maybe a TD, but he will not find consistent running room. And that will be the difference.

Actually we really didn't blitz as much as you think against the Cowboys it just look that way because the way of DL was getting off their blocks.

I thought it was well called and timed blitzes that freed up the D-Line? anywho ...

I really can't wait to see what GW has cooked up ... I say he throws the kitchen sink and Eli-zabeth ...

I called a flea flicker last game in a post, and I'm calling this...Giants will go for an onside before the 4th Q ... I got a feeling.

But stay honest enough to watch for the screen. We will probably see a few of them on Saturday.

That's a good point. The Giants haven't been using the screen much lately, but in the past, they've had a lot of success with it. Maybe this is the week they get back to it.

I thought it was well called and timed blitzes that freed up the D-Line? anywho ...

I really can't wait to see what GW has cooked up ... I say he throws the kitchen sink and Eli-zabeth ...

I called a flea flicker last game in a post, and I'm calling this...Giants will go for an onside before the 4th Q ... I got a feeling.

What I actually meant is that he didn't have to bring the house like he usually has to he got most of the pressure out of his front four . As big as this game is nothing will surprise me on either side Skins or Giants a lot is at stake here

Archived