Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Giants are more dangerous than Dallas

DieHard86

Its seems like they have the ability to score on every play - offense, defense, special teams. Stop Tiki, and they still have Shockey, Burress, and Toomer. On the other hand, Manning is not as good as Bledsoe, not even close yet. And the noise will make it hard on him - the fans really gave it their all. I almost lost my voice at the end of the first quarter.

Are Pierce and Emmons still out for this week?

I don't think that anybody on this board belives that Dallas is a better team than New York this year. However, Dallas in many respects was more a psychological hurdle than anything else. Sometimes it's not as much about one team being better than another one as it is about one team "having your number." Sports are played on emotion and when you really believe you cannot beat your opponent you are almost always right. With this team believing in themselves and us as a crowd more and more with each passing week they give themselves greater odds on winning in any matchup.

DieHard86, are you son of DieHard?

But seriously, you are right that the Giants are a more dangerous team offensively which means we have to control the game from the offensive side of the ball. Grind it out, force their defense make plays, control TOP. Their defense is hurt and week, we must take advantage.

Tiki IS the Giants offense. I don't care about Plaxico, Shockey, or Toomer. Stop Tiki, and you stop the Giants. Period. We're talking about a serious MVP candidate here. I mean next to Shaun Alexander, you have to consider him one of the best backs in the league right now. And let us not forget what he did to us the first game. The key to winning this game is stopping Tiki.

On a side note, I can't help but to be a smidget proud of the Cave Spring High School product out of Roanoke Va.

The Giants are pretty good ... considerably better at home than on the road.

Coincidentally, so are we.

Last time, we were caught fat and happy after 52-17, and unprepared for the emotional onslaught of the Mara affair. It was also the first game we played w/o Cornelius Griffin, who went out very early in the game. It was also a game, much like the Dallas win we had Sunday, where everything went one team's way all game long.

Those games don't happen very often.

Gonna be a good one Saturday. :)

What we did against Dallas in our second meeting was bring pressure by our front 4. Philip Daniels and the other lineman had signifigant defensive pressure on Bledsoe, and as always Marcus is amazing in bringing pressure as well. If we can duplicate that same type of intensity that we showed Eli will have a miserable day. The only reason he is doing well this season is because his o-line gives him ALL day to make a decision, and he still underthrows recievers. He has 3 offensive playmakers in Tiki, Shokey, and Burress and they have all contributed heavily in making Eli look good this season.

Like I said, all we need is pressure by our front 4 and we will dominate this game.

Tiki is having a Pro Bowl season. That is an edge for the Giant's right there.

I see no comparison between the depth the Giant's have, compared to the Pukes.

The Pukes really need to go back to the drawing board. They need a better Back. They need a more mobile QB, and I think they need a better WR. The Giant's have all of these keys in place.

Still the Skin's have a Back that is pushing the pile now in Clinton Portis. Bett's would be a feature Back in another system, so they are BOTH threats coming into this game.

I don't think Dangerous is the right word, more talented yes, but not Dangerous ... at this point in time of the season.

We saw what the skins did last Sunday based on just raw emotion, those emotions being desperation and hatred because we were playing our rivals ...

What raw emotion will we be fueling this team come Saturday, well one I mentioned above, desperation and the playoffs, the other????

REVENGE ...

YOu don't think that factors outside of the X's and O's don't play a factor?See the 36-0 beating we took after Mr. Mara passed away...don't tell me that the Giants beat us the same way if he does not pass right before that game? (I apologize to anyone if I made his passing to seem trivial, not my intention)

Not to mention the fact, that in the end we need this game more.

Definately going to be a great game! I pray we stay 14+ ahead of them at least. Tiki is the key to their team, not Manning. NY will gloat and brag all they want about having a Manning on their team but if we get to him, I dont care who the QB is, we sill hurt the Giants bad! Tiki is due to fumble too people, he is fumblia you know. :gaintsuck :point2sky

The key is stopping Tiki and forcing third and longs and putting the pressure on Eli in very loud stadium.

Also, it's important for us to get a lead too. The more of lead, the less they can rely on running Tiki, and it put's more pressure on Eli. I think if we do that Eli will be very hit or miss. Laver is important, he likes to match up with Shockey and has the speed to do so. I can't wait! Close out the Giants and Fed Ex and what a glorious week this will have been.

Actually Eli is playing better then Bledsoe, look it up, he has also brought us back to win games and tie, while drew threw games away.

Yes both are out, thats why we signed roman phifer.

Why are trolls always wrong?

G Rating Comp Att % Yards TDs Ints

Drew Bledsoe DAL 14 86.1 267 437 61.1 3188 21 14

Eli Manning NYG 14 75.4 259 492 52.6 3314 22 16

We Eli is rather far behind Bledsoe as far as Rating goes. Less completions with 55 more attempts. 1TD and 2 more ints.

Why don't you show up with decent stats next time troll :gaintsuck

EDIT: Eli has a 54.6 passer rating in December. While the struggling Mark Brunel has a 82.1 December passer rating.

The Giants aren't all that good. Eli is decent, nothing more. He has come way back to earth of late. Tiki is having a good year, and IS the Giants. The D is very opportunistic, but has holes. The receiving corps is just OK. Buress has been very average lately.

They have had an incredibly kind schedule, with almost EVERY tough game at home. There really should be a conspiracy theory. Contrast that with the Skins, who have had to play many incredibly tough games on the road (and we lost most of them :( )

Archived