Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pro Bowl players announced tonight (Merged)

Sherlock Holmes

Taylor is still in the learning process and is not pro-bowl worthy. He has taken bad angles on runs that have led to some of those long TD's against us. He'll get there eventually. Brian Dawkins is in a class of his own at one safety position. The guys does everything exceptionally well.

Springs should make it, but probably will not. Moss and Cooley WILL make the team. Marcus Washington WILL make the team.

Am I wrong?

Sorry bud, but you are showing your lack of football knowledge by basing a players value strictly on "stats". Teams shy away from Taylor because of his playmaking ability and his devastating hits. I want you to go around and ask football fans in general if they were starting a team who would they have playing FS. Sean Taylor or Gerbil Wilson (not a typo) :D

Oh yeah and one more thing :gaintsuck

Sorry bud, but you are showing your lack of football knowledge by basing a players value strictly on "stats". Teams shy away from Taylor because of his playmaking ability and his devastating hits. I want you to go around and ask football fans in general if they were starting a team who would they have playing FS. Sean Taylor or Gerbil Wilson (not a typo) :D

Oh yeah and one more thing :gaintsuck

You're right. Brandon Jacobs should be in the pro bowl cause he's big and scary and menacing and has scored 4 touchdowns all on goaline rushes.

Pro Bowl is based on stats and production. Not "devastating" hits.

You're right. Brandon Jacobs should be in the pro bowl cause he's big and scary and menacing and has scored 4 touchdowns all on goaline rushes.

I'll give you the devastating hits thing, probably not pro-bowl worthy stats. but you can not say that stats should be the only thing a player is judged on. For instance, you could have a ton of tackles (as a CB), but the reason you have all those tackles is b/c you let everybody catch the ball.

Shawn Springs is certainly worthy of a pro-bowl nod, but he has only one or two int all yr. you wanna argue that?

Well, than why not Mike Sellers? He's got like 7 or 8 goaline TDs j/k

Stats should def. not count for safeties/corners. Usually they can get there on reputation like Champ used to do. A good corner or safety doesn't get thrown to. Hence, less tackles, INTs, etc.

I think someone is jealous they didn't draft Sean Taylor. :gaintsuck

Okay, so you were dropped on your head not once, but twice.

Jacobs is not a full time player. I am saying that Taylor is a VERY intimidating player who can affect the game in many ways. Ask Terry Glenn.

I'm really pulling for Brunell and Portis.

Portis is really deserving to go, but so is Dunn and the two in front of him. But, with RB, stats usually carry the player and Portis has TD's, but Dunn a few more YDs, but a great avg. Gona be close.

Brunell could quite honestly be the #2 QB. It's a down year for NFC QB's and Brunell has steady numbers. Vick and Eli may 'steal' a spot b/c the NFL probably wants 'celebrities there. But, Brunell is deserving this year.

Gibril Wilson has better stats than Taylor. He's goin in.

Who the F is Gibril Wilson? I don't give a damn about his stats he is a no name. ST is an intimidator and an impact player that forces OC's to scheme away from him. G. Wilson. Come on dog:doh:

I'm really pulling for Brunell and Portis.

Portis is really deserving to go, but so is Dunn and the two in front of him. But, with RB, stats usually carry the player and Portis has TD's, but Dunn a few more YDs, but a great avg. Gona be close.

Brunell could quite honestly be the #2 QB. It's a down year for NFC QB's and Brunell has steady numbers. Vick and Eli may 'steal' a spot b/c the NFL probably wants 'celebrities there. But, Brunell is deserving this year.

I believe Portis should go on the fact that he has become GREAT at picking up the blitz and is the reason why Brunell hasn't been sacked very often. He also has 1296 yds, which is nothing to sneeze at. Brunell is DEFINATELY deserving because if it wasn't for him this team would not even have a chance at the playoffs.

I will also pull for Taylor too because NOT ONLY is he a great safety but, he is also a superb Special Teams player.

I would like all of our best players to get in, but the reality is all of them won't.

Chris Cooley is a sure bet, especially since they're aren't very many dominate players at his position in the NFC. So he doesn't have as much competition to deal with as say, Portis or Moss.

Portis deserves to go more this season then he did last year. Whether he does or not is up in the air. Shaun Alexander and Tiki Barber are a lock for the Pro Bowl, hopefully Portis will get a spot. Santana is probably the most deserving, and yet may be the one player who gets screwed over the most. Marcus Washington, Sean Taylor, and Shawn Springs all deserve to go too.

Since when do stats make the player? If you watched many skins games, which you obviously haven't, you would know Taylor's coverage has been so good this season that teams rarely throw deep on him.

Okay, you started off with his hits...fine. Intimidation...whatever. But good coverage? :laugh:

This thread started off about the Pro Bowl. Sean Taylor will not go to the Pro Bowl cause he "makes wicked hits yo".

Okay, you started off with his hits...fine. Intimidation...whatever. But good coverage? :laugh:

This thread started off about the Pro Bowl. Sean Taylor will not go to the Pro Bowl cause he "makes wicked hits yo".

Yes, his coverage. And no, using the laugh simile doesn't mean you get to dismiss my comment without proving it wrong. :rolleyes:

And your explaination is that G. Wilson has better stats...come on man get your head outta your ass. Your homerism is blinding you.

Gibril Wilson - 98 total tackles, 77 solo tackles, 21 assisted tackles, 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 2 interceptions, 5 passes defensed

Sean Taylor - 48 total tackles, 42 solo tackles, 6 assisted tackles, 1 sack, 2 forced fumbles, 2 interceptions, 9 passes defensed

Besides the obvious difference in tackles made, how exactly is Gibril Wilson better because of his stats? I have no idea in what fashion Wilson is used by NY, yet I doubt he's a FS with that many tackles. I safety's job shouldn't be just tackling, if you have a good front seven a safety won't need to make so many tackles. Before he can even get to the ball carrier the linebackers should've already done their job. Furthermore, both safeties would be used differently as Sean is expected to take away the deep ball and he does that very well. Gregg Williams wouldn't start Taylor if he didn't, which is why he didn't start right away as a rookie.

They've forced the same amount of fumbles, and Taylor has forced more incompletions. Why were you bragging about Taylor's low INT number when it's same as this no-name safety you keep going on about?

I'm sure coaches and players around the league would rather vote for Taylor than Wilson, and as well as the fans. Yet that probably goes without saying, exactly how many votes does Wilson have?

Last year I made a case for 7 or 8 Skins to go and we only got one, so I'll be more conservative this time around.

Realistic Pro Bowlers

Offense:

Santana Moss- he's tied for 3rd in the NFL in yards and has been a difference maker for our offense. Plus, unlike Boldin, Moss is playing for a winner. I think Moss will get in.

Chris Cooley- he cemented his place with the Cowboy game. There isn't a tight end in the NFC who's better than Cooley. I'm just afraid that some people will view him as a fullback and others as a tightend and his votes will be split.

Defense:

Marcus Washington-already a pro bowler, he's elevated his game to an elite level. Marcus Washington is now a top 5 all around linebacker.

Cornelius Griffin-this defense is a whole lot better when he's in there and last year's snub should get him in this year.

Shawn Springs-nobody throws on him plus last year's snub should work in his favor this year.

Sean Taylor-best safety in the game. Period. Everyone is afraid of this guy. He brings a pro bowl "presence" if not pro bowl "numbers".

Outside looking in:

Clinton Portis-Clinton is a great back and is putting up some very good numbers again. But the NFC has 3 worthy guys ahead of him right now.

Offensive Line-I'm putting all these guys into one group. I've been pretty down on this line as a whole this season (in particular in crunch time when we have to run and have been unable to), but there is a buzz about Randy Thomas,Chris Samuels and Jon Jansen for pro bowl so what do I know :D . If we do get one from this line, it'll probably be Thomas.

Mike Sellers-I have no idea how the special teamer gets in, but Sellers (coupled with his penchant for TDs) should get consideration.

Lemar Marshall-one more year for Lemar I think. If we keep Gregg Williams and his system, Lemar Marshall next year will be a beast in the middle.

That's it.

So in the end I'll predict 4 Pro Bowlers (with perhaps more after the injury bailouts occur)

Santana Moss

Marcus Washington

Cornelius Griffin

Sean Taylor

Chris Cooley- he cemented his place with the Cowboy game. There isn't a tight end in the NFC who's better than Cooley. I'm just afraid that some people will view him as a fullback and others as a tightend and his votes will be split.

I see it a bit differently. I think his votes will go the way of Mike Alstott back in his prime. Alstott was really a halfback spilting carries with Warrick Dunn and he kept getting voted into the Pro Bowl as a fullback. Fans, who don't watch the Bucs regularly, would see his rushing yards compared to other fullbacks and vote him in every time.

I see that happening to Cooley. His recieving yards and touchdowns are so far ahead of any fullback, and more than enough to give him consideration aganist the tight ends, that he'll consistently be a lock for the Pro Bowl.

Archived