Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pro Bowl players announced tonight (Merged)

Sherlock Holmes

Gibril Wilson - 98 total tackles, 77 solo tackles, 21 assisted tackles, 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 2 interceptions, 5 passes defensed

Sean Taylor - 48 total tackles, 42 solo tackles, 6 assisted tackles, 1 sack, 2 forced fumbles, 2 interceptions, 9 passes defensed

Besides the obvious difference in tackles made, how exactly is Gibril Wilson better because of his stats? I have no idea in what fashion Wilson is used by NY, yet I doubt he's a FS with that many tackles. I safety's job shouldn't be just tackling, if you have a good front seven a safety won't need to make so many tackles. Before he can even get to the ball carrier the linebackers should've already done their job. Furthermore, both safeties would be used differently as Sean is expected to take away the deep ball and he does that very well. Gregg Williams wouldn't start Taylor if he didn't, which is why he didn't start right away as a rookie.

They've forced the same amount of fumbles, and Taylor has forced more incompletions. Why were you bragging about Taylor's low INT number when it's same as this no-name safety you keep going on about?

I'm sure coaches and players around the league would rather vote for Taylor than Wilson, and as well as the fans. Yet that probably goes without saying, exactly how many votes does Wilson have?

Good points. It's really hard to say from stats who's better. You're right in observing that Wilson isn't a free safety. He plays strong safety and plays it very well. I wouldn't say that one if necessarily better or worse than the other. They play different positions and each plays his position very well.

Archived