Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL should fine Roy Williams

scruffylookin

What can I say? It is a legal tackle. If they change the rule then fine, but what exactly is there to complain about as far as Roy is concerned? Clearly, he uses it quite effectively and players have been doing it for years.

And saying that Roy can't tackle is just dumb. He is one of the best tacklers in the whole league. Horse collar or not.

Yeah, and I'm here to tell you that Roy Williams is the most overrated safety in football. He's nothing short of a Sean Taylor wanna-be. He attempts to make up for his shortcomings by employing cheap shots and illegal tackles. Remember - Williams is Santana's b!tc(. And always will be.

He isn't "intending" to break the rules. He knows what the rule states better than anyone which is why he gets away with it so much. He makes a conscious effort not only to just grab jersey but to make sure he drags a player forward rather than into him. They'll never call it.

And if the effect was the same we would have seen it by now. TO wasn't the only one that Roy took out with that move last year.

Its not out of desperation. If you look back at the tape Roy could have easily made any of those "almost" horse collar tackles by wrapping up the legs. Its just that pulling a player back stops him in his tracks not allowing him to fall foward for an extra yard.

Well, one of you is wrong here. Is he pulling the player back or dragging him forward? If CowboyinDC is right, and he looked back at the tape, Roy did in fact break the rules pulling the player backwards to him, not forward. If Team_America is right, then it probably was desperation. I don't have a tape of the game, so I don't know.

Well, one of you is wrong here. Is he pulling the player back or dragging him forward? If CowboyinDC is right, and he looked back at the tape, Roy did in fact break the rules pulling the player backwards to him, not forward. If Team_America is right, then it probably was desperation. I don't have a tape of the game, so I don't know.

I am pretty sure Portis was still going forward, but only because Roy let him so it really wasn't a desperation thing (more of a "I don't want to get penalized" thing). But even if he did pull him into him it still woudn't be a penalty because he only grabbed jersey. It's kind of a hard rule to explain. You can drag a guy straight down/forward if you so please but just not backwards and into you which almost always results in an awkward landing.

The fact is that it is an effective tackle, at least when Roy uses it. Unlike wrapping your arms around a runner's waist from behind this thing is very rarely broken.

Isn't it 3 of the last 16, hmmmm yup it's 3. Spurrier beat you once.

Actually it is 3 of the last 17 I believe.

Its kinda silly that we comment as skins fans that Roy Williams only tackles using the horse collar technique or spears. It would be just as silly if a Cowboys fan makes an assumption about one of our players, like that Sean Taylor always bites on play fakes. I do believe that most of us don't watch all the Cowboys games to make an accurate portrayal of him.

Tackling the way he does is a technique... The purpose is to bring your man down, and that is what he does. I haven't seen many people escape that kinda tackle. When he did it on Clinton the other night, he didn't grab inside the shoulder pad, he was strictly jersey.

I hate the Cowboys and Cowboys players just as much as you guys do, but there are times you have to be fair on analyzing a player even if he wears a star on his helmet

The thing that really pisses me off is that despite the rule, this punk still looks to make these "horse collar" tackles. He goes for them anyway. It's just blind luck that he grabs a jersey instead of the pads.

He will not stop doing it until the NFL fines or suspends him.

But what do they care.....they're too busy worrying whether or not Clinton Portis' socks are the proper height. :rolleyes:

The part that's really stupid is the rule was made because this jackass was injuring people left and right with that crap and they just let him do that to Portis?!? WTF. This is rididculous. He does it every freakin week. He needs to be heavily fined with an understanding that continued repeats will lead to a suspension.

The part that's really stupid is the rule was made because this jackass was injuring people left and right with that crap and they just let him do that to Portis?!? WTF. This is rididculous. He doesn't every freakin week. He needs to be heavily fined with an understanding that continued repeats will lead to a suspension.

Why should he be fined. What did he do illegal?

Do you remember the first Dallas game where Roy used the H-Collar tackle on Brunell, the analysts called it but through a loophole in the rule it doesn't count on QBs ... apperntly the loophole goes further than that and doesn't count if you are Roy Williams . ....

Roy is a great saftey but runs the risk of becomming the next Mark Carrier. Mark bent the rules so much to establish himself as a fearsome hitter that when the leuge looked at his play, they started not giving him the same benifit of the doubt . Anything that whiffed of an illegal hit brought retribution and eventually he was forced out of football by getting a four week suspension of a bogus helmet to helmet hit .

Ya, I've read that article. I guess I gotta give you a cookie for finding it? I want you to tell me when the rule should have been enforced this year and wasn't. A flat out blown call. Find one involving Roy and you get two cookies.

wait, hold on...let me review all the hours of game tapes...

oh wait...thats right...its the internet and i dont care enough...

Archived