Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Song played in 4th qtr question (Merged x2)

Huly

the same reason he threw only 1 pass play in the second half... he just doesn't want to embarrass or "rub it in". He is total class... and Parcells is a friend of his.

I agree with you almost accross the board, but not on this one. I admire Joe,

but he goes too far in the conservative direction. 90,000 paid to see the game, and to be entertained. Throwing only 1 pass in the second half to

save parcells feelings, who couldn't give a damn about our feelings or he wouldn't have allowed the 'tripletts' celebration at halftime during the MNF game. Now tell me that MNF crap was in good taste!

but he goes too far in the conservative direction. 90,000 paid to see the game, and to be entertained. Throwing only 1 pass in the second half to

save parcells feelings, who couldn't give a damn about our feelings or he wouldn't have allowed the 'tripletts' celebration at halftime during the MNF game. Now tell me that MNF crap was in good taste!

All coaches call an almost exclusive running game in the second half of a 28 or 35 point game. It's about respect AND shortening the game at that point.

It's not like we were punting with 3 and outs either...the running game was working.

I have to say that, while JG is a class act, rubbing it in was great. The tenor of this game was that the Skins were the more physical squad: from the D Line pass rush to the alligator arms on Cowboy receivers to the sacks - the Skins were the aggressor for what felt like the first time in a while. And *it made a difference*. Dallas was demoralized and looked humbled. Reclaiming the swagger was paramount, and rubbing it in with a song during garbage time was priceless.

All coaches call an almost exclusive running game in the second half of a 28 or 35 point game. It's about respect AND shortening the game at that point.

It's not like we were punting with 3 and outs either...the running game was working.

Agreed, I just wish the game went on for another hour and was 75-0 to erase one of the Skins negative records (73-0 vs. the Bears 1940)

Yes they did have the Dallas star being swept on the screen. I did laugh as we all needed and wanted that win. It was good to see the announcers getting into the action too but I also understand about "rubbing it in their faces" etc. If the tables were turned I would bet the Cowgirls would have done something similar. I guess the burning question would be how far is too far to go during a game in a defeat like that?

only 1 pass to run out the clock :) but not to run up the score

the song stoppage to keep from rubbing it in

you weren't entertained with a 35-7 rout of the cowpokes???? :yikes:

Its one thing for the organization to do it, its another thing for the fans to do it.

I say next season we all memorize that song, and as a crowd sing it at the girls game here. maybe hand out lyric sheets :D

I agree. I'd love to hear 90,000 people singing that. That would be seeet. :dallasuck :dallasuck

I thought it was funny as hell and screw 'em....they're Cowboys for God's sake!

Wanna talk about no class?? How 'bout Parcells standing there with his thumb up his ass, and not even walking up to check on his guy who was seemed seriously hurt. Even a cowpukes fan commented on it and called the Tuna a big ass-hole for not bothering to check on his guy.......

only 1 pass to run out the clock :) but not to run up the score

the song stoppage to keep from rubbing it in

you weren't entertained with a 35-7 rout of the cowpokes???? :yikes:

Exactly. When you demolish and demoralize a team for 4 quarters, I don't have any need to listen to a stupid song to get additional enjoyment. I don't dance on the graves of dead enemies. I move on and kill more [enemies].

Or something like that.

Great game, and I hope the team enjoys it today and then...

Bring on the Giants! We got our swagger back!

I thought it was funny as hell and screw 'em....they're Cowboys for God's sake!

Wanna talk about no class?? How 'bout Parcells standing there with his thumb up his ass, and not even walking up to check on his guy who was seemed seriously hurt. Even a cowpukes fan commented on it and called the Tuna a big ass-hole for not bothering to check on his guy.......

I don't think head coaches ever go on the field for an injury.

Exactly. When you demolish and demoralize a team for 4 quarters, I don't have any need to listen to a stupid song to get additional enjoyment. I don't dance on the graves of dead enemies. I move on and kill more [enemies].

Or something like that.

Great game, and I hope the team enjoys it today and then...

Bring on the Giants! We got our swagger back!

No Mercy!!!!!!

Yes they did have the Dallas star being swept on the screen. I did laugh as we all needed and wanted that win. It was good to see the announcers getting into the action too but I also understand about "rubbing it in their faces" etc. If the tables were turned I would bet the Cowgirls would have done something similar. I guess the burning question would be how far is too far to go during a game in a defeat like that?

Well, if they bounce back and beat the Panthers next week then we obviously did'nt demoralize them ass much as we should have. If they travel to the Panthers and fall apart then we did a great job of screwing thier heads up.

Playing the song was funny, but after the point is made (like the chorus),

there was no need to keep playing it.

Gibbs is highly regarded for his coaching skill and for being a Class Act.

I doubt anybody has ever heard him talking trash.

He believes in proving it on the field...not in the newspapers.

Being humble is a virtue...especially after you just dominated a team.

The other team can't even be mad at you !!!

Gibbs is a master strategist and terriffic human being!

Archived