Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two perfect victories against Dallas

Burgold

I think a factor in the Redskin's demolition of the Cowboys yesterday was the 14-13 win earlier in the season. Instead of being hungry or seeking revenge, they believed themselves and the media when everyone said it a fluke. They believed that they owned and controlled and completely dominated us that game and figured it would happen again. They arrived without passion. They arrived without precission. The Redskins ironically had the revenge motive. Revenge for the streak. Revenge for being so disrepected and cast off for winning and limitting the Cowboys. Revenge for the Defense being so disrespected the first game. Hint it wasn't that Parcells got really conservative the first game, it was that the D stopped you.

This game Gibbs called off the Dogs after that first third quarter drive. Parcells never had that luxury. The first game was the perfect way to end the streak because we won in the fluky way the Cowboys had been winning. This is the best possible exclamation point. The monkey on our back has left to find a new roost. It is gone!

I live in Japan and I could tell by the way the game started that the 12th man was a huge factor. I never thought the fans made much of a difference before but it was obvious in this game by the mistakes and the confusion on Dallas' offense early in the game that set the tone.

I mean how perfect was it that in the fourth we could put in second stringers. And not only that, but that the game ended on an interception by a Redskins's fifth stringer who had the week before been on the practice squad? Patterson looked like he never got a better Christmas present.

Archived