Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are Skins fans capable of being objective???

gollum

First, to answer the flame I'm sure is forthcoming, I am not a troll...I was a Hobbit :silly: A troll is someone who lurks, and then posts a worthless, bitter, immature post just to enflame others. This is not the case...I've read the posts of your game day discussions for maybe three games this year, as I find little enjoyment hearing grown men(or teenagers as the case may be), whine and bemoan how the league is so totally biased against your beloved team. At first, I thought it was just the rantings of a few immature malcontents. However, the more I read, the more I come to realize this is the norm, not the exception. If you don't believe me, I challenge each and every one of you who will inevitably bash me and my post to 1) make you feel better about yourself, 2) belittle someone who happens to have his eyes and mind open to the bigger picture than your little bubble of a world, or 3) you just simply open your mouth and insert foot before using that gift between your ears. There is not a team in the league who gets preferential treatment by the officials, or is on their chopping block...not even the Raiders. They are human beings just like you...except that they are better at being UNBIASED! They sometimes see only then end of a play and call what they see(call `em like you see `em), they sometimes don't see the "infraction" at all, and they sometimes have to make a split second decision with 300 pounders flying about them, throwing their unprotected and inferior athletic ability in the fray of the action. If any of you have ever been an official, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Ask them and they will tell you it's not an easy job, and you very rarely get the appreciation and admiration you deserve, but you don't do it for the attention. Most officials would just assume to never throw a flag on any play, but they are simply there to try and make the contest as fair as possible. There are only nine men to watch twenty-two of some of the biggest, fastest athletes in the world. If a QB has four seconds to stand in the pocket, that's considered a luxury, but four-five seconds is the typical length of each play...over 100 of them, in heat, in rain, and in snow. The lucky ones have the safety of the sidelines to protect them to a certain extent, but even there, they have in excess of 70 people who yell and cuss them throughout every game. They've all reffed at least 10 years of major-conference college football; they're graded and critiqued after every game; they're subject to a weekly rules test; and they attend classes before games and in the off-season. They get assigned which game they will officiate and are not planted as road blocks for your beloved team to defeat as well as the opponent.

I'm sorry if I hurt some of your feelings, but some of you need to take a long look at yourselves and how you present yourself. Again, I challenge you to go back and read with an unbiased eye...as a football fan, as an unbiased human being, and as a role model for your children(if you have them). Act like you would want your children to act. Imagine how you would want them the be perceived by their peers...either as someone objective and able to forgive human error, someone who knows and accepts that things will not always go your way and you just have to persevere, or as a someone who cries and pouts when they don't get their way.

I wait until this moment to tell you that I happen to be a Cowboys fan. I could just as easily be a Dolphins fan, a Cardinal fan, or a Rams fan, but above all, I am a football fan. I root for my favorite team to win, and when they don't, the week drags until the next Sunday. Offseason is utter torment. I get just as irritated at other Cowboy fans when they berate the officials when a call doesn't go "our" way. In fact, I get MORE annoyed since I would wish them to show more class, and not stoop down to the level of your typical Eagles fan :eaglesuck

I thoroughly enjoy our rivalry with Washington, there have been some GREAT games that will forever stand in the annals of the NFL. I apologize for the title of this post, but I wanted as many of you to read this as possible. Somehow, I didn't think a "Let's all be nice" post would suffice. I know there are many objective, intelligent posters here, but they seem to have been pushed to near extinction lately by the venom spewing breed that seems to have overwhelmed this board.

Here's to a good, close, injury free game...and to neither side blaming the officials if they lose. Good luck! :cheers:

If we don't feed it, maybe it will go away!!!!!

To "troll" means to allure, to fish, to entice or to bait.

Internet trolls are people who fish for other people's confidence and, once found, exploit it.

Trolls are various in nature and the type of damage they do ranges greatly, such as:

Cause irritation to others

Disrupt an email list or online group

Steal money

Obtain credit card details

Build false hopes

Abuse children

Nope, I read one or two sentences then scanned down to see "Cowboy fan". If anyone actually reads this and replies to what he says, then you're just validating his presence here.

Don't do it. Let this one drift off to page 2 and on into obscurity (I know I'm posting which bumps it but only b/c it's at the top right now anyway).

Just say no.

:laugh: somone has some issues to sort out

TO FANS OF OPPOSING TEAMS

This is a website owned by the Washington Redskins, maintained by Redskins fans, and devoted, primarily, to Washington Redskins football. While we enjoy having visitors, we did not leave the door open hoping to have people drop by intent on changing our way of thinking. We are quite happy---some might argue "miserable"---being Redskins fans. We continue to believe that each Sunday marks a new beginning and that eventually we will return to our days of greatness. You, of course, can laugh at that notion, but if you do it here, it probably won't be taken too kindly.

Please don't make the mistake of thinking this is a friendly environment. When you are here, your screen is burgundy and gold for a very deliberate reason. We’re ExtremeSkins. Nothing about this site should suggest to you that we are interested in being all things to all football fans. We have a ton of knowledgeable fans here who know quite a bit about Washington Redskins football in particular, and the NFL in general. We do allow a certain amount of Redskins machismo here, because that is part of the Redskins experience. So please be advised that it’s likely you will encounter, from time to time, critical, disparaging and even mean-spirited statements about things related to your chosen football team. It’s what we do here. And when there is a presumption to be given, it will be given to a Redskins fan.

Do enjoy your stay here---but please make the effort to avoid letting that interfere with our ability to enjoy your stay here.

12. No trolling. Do not post messages that are inflammatory and serve solely to incite fellow members. ExtremeSkins has always prided itself on its zero tolerance policy for the common internet troublemaker. Trolls will be identified and censured, at the discretion of the ES Staff, quickly and efficiently

damn you really got some time on your hands.

apparently not as much as Bubba(37,490+ posts???)

I'm not here to incite fellow members...just cause a few to do a little self evaluation of themselvees, make them a little more tolerable to the "rest of the world" and not have others hate them so. I wasn't certain if that was possible once someone became a Redskin fan or not.

A troll is someone who lurks, and then posts a worthless, bitter, immature post just to enflame others. This is not the case...

I wait until this moment to tell you that I happen to be a Cowboys fan. I could just as easily be a Dolphins fan, a Cardinal fan, or a Rams fan...

Not likely. A noob posting on Dallas game day talking down to 'Skins fans, calling us crybabies and you want us to believe there was a chance you'd be something other than a troll 'Pokes fan? Funny.

Gee... calling us crybabies was certianly not meant to be inflammatory... :rolleyes:

Go back under your bridge. Smells like troll chum to me... :dallasuck

If we don't feed it, maybe it will go away!!!!!

To "troll" means to allure, to fish, to entice or to bait.

Internet trolls are people who fish for other people's confidence and, once found, exploit it.

Trolls are various in nature and the type of damage they do ranges greatly, such as:

Cause irritation to others

Disrupt an email list or online group

Steal money

Obtain credit card details

Build false hopes

Abuse children

You forgot "Have differentiating opinions from the majority or cause the norm to be threatened". I don't want your confidence. I speak only the truth. If I wanted to cause angst...trust me, I would. But that is not my objective. View for yourselves during the game...watch how many times the officials get blamed. Take off those burgundy colored glasses and see for yourself. I'm just bringing up a point, asking for some of you to be somewhat objective...whether you choose to grow as a person or not is a path you must choose.

Comparing someone's reactions to a football game to their reactions in "the real world" is a ridiculous comparison that only a Cowboy fan would be stupid enough to make. Since he considers himself a "real fan", does that mean that he makes noise before the play and cheer when his team does well? I know I do, but I can't tell you any other time in my life that I would do that. He's trying to flame by linking our reactions to a football game to some kind of deeper character flaws. This guy's a MORON. If he's the one who thinks football is that important and indicative of the real world, I think he's the one with the problems. Get a life buddy.

Sorry I responded to this post, but I believe it's something that had to be said. Let's put this topicx to rest and GET READY FOR THE &*$#ing COWBOYS. F Dallas AND ALL OF THEIR STUPID FANS!

You forgot "Have differentiating opinions from the majority or cause the norm to be threatened". I don't want your confidence. I speak only the truth. If I wanted to cause angst...trust me, I would. But that is not my objective. View for yourselves during the game...watch how many times the officials get blamed. Take off those burgundy colored glasses and see for yourself. I'm just bringing up a point, asking for some of you to be somewhat objective...whether you choose to grow as a person or not is a path you must choose.

What makes you think we care what others think about us? :)

apparently not as much as Bubba(37,490+ posts???)

and I did all of them today too! :D

I'm not here to incite fellow members...just cause a few to do a little self evaluation of themselvees, make them a little more tolerable to the "rest of the world" and not have others hate them so. I wasn't certain if that was possible once someone became a Redskin fan or not.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

now ain't that the pot calling the kettle black

heal thyself dildo, err bilbo

This guy is actually correct. I don't post much, mostly because I can't stand reading alot of the posts and threads here. Too much whining, complaining, and blaming goes on about things other than the Redskins sucking. There is no conspiracy against us by the refs, they make bad calls against everybody. There might be a slight media bias as a result of Snyders actions in the past, but who cares? I'm sick of hearing about it.

I much rather prefer the threads that bash Brunell or Robert Royal or Walt Harris...you know...the real reason we lose games.

Archived