Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are Skins fans capable of being objective???

gollum

This guy is actually correct. I don't post much, mostly because I can't stand reading alot of the posts and threads here. Too much whining, complaining, and blaming goes on about things other than the Redskins sucking. There is no conspiracy against us by the refs, they make bad calls against everybody. There might be a slight media bias as a result of Snyders actions in the past, but who cares? I'm sick of hearing about it.

I much rather prefer the threads that bash Brunell or Robert Royal or Walt Harris...you know...the real reason we lose games.

There is a very simple answer for your distaste ...leave.

This guy is actually correct. I don't post much, mostly because I can't stand reading alot of the posts and threads here. Too much whining, complaining, and blaming goes on about things other than the Redskins sucking. There is no conspiracy against us by the refs, they make bad calls against everybody. There might be a slight media bias as a result of Snyders actions in the past, but who cares? I'm sick of hearing about it.

I much rather prefer the threads that bash Brunell or Robert Royal or Walt Harris...you know...the real reason we lose games.

This guy is exaclty right. I've never seen fans whine more than skins fans about officiating. I hope it's not all skins fans, and just the ones on this site. This board gets bogged down with threads about bad calls. Suck it up and move on, EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL IS SUBJECT TO BAD CALLS. It all evens out in the end. I for one am sick of hearing about it too.

Hey gollum, is it ok if I complain about the bogus late hit by Washington that gave the 'boys a first down? Or am I just a crybaby? Too bad about the field goal.

bogus? the play is dead when the whistle blows, not my fault Washington can't play by the rules....even if the player is in bounds!

Can I whine about the non-call on the horse-collar on Portis?

I'm sure whining is something you're good at...why don't you read the rules before you post and that way you won't embarass yourself for asking for a flag on a legal play

btw...cute avatar you gave me...you are so mature :notworthy

Just because we whine doesn't mean we're wrong.

you're right, it doesnt. But please move on and talk football. It's ok to say 'that was a bad call.' But realize it happens and move on. When you dwell on a bad call all week, that's whining, and quite frankly, makes this site a less desireable place to visit.

bogus? the play is dead when the whistle blows, not my fault Washington can't play by the rules....even if the player is in bounds!

Funny, I remember in the Tampon Bay game there were whistles blowing all the times in the stands, and we got burned by stopping our play too early. Your boy was in bounds and running downfield, but I guess we should be nice and not hit him.

How is this relevant to the subject of this thread?

The scoreboard is so deeply humiliating to you and yours that -- for this day -- our opinions about piffle like this are overwhelmed by the sheer power of our dominance over you.

For the record, I think you're right, the refs aren't biased in favor or against any team; we have, however, caught more than our proportion of bad calls; and your method and timing of raising this issue aren't likely to engender a considered response.

First off, let me clear some things up. I'm not a 'boys fan. Or a Redskins fan. So all these scoreboard comments mean nothing to me. I started coming here for the free ESPN Insider articles, and would check out the board for some interesting discussions. Now the free insider stuff is gone. And the board almost never has any good debates, because anyone with a conflicting opinion is chased away, no matter how nicely they present their comments. I've been a member almost a year now, and I only have 33 posts, because so many of the threads here are just like this guy is talking about. This guy was not stirring the pot, just speaking his mind. He did it in a very objective way. What's wrong with that?

First off, let me clear some things up. I'm not a 'boys fan. Or a Redskins fan. So all these scoreboard comments mean nothing to me. I started coming here for the free ESPN Insider articles, and would check out the board for some interesting discussions. Now the free insider stuff is gone. And the board almost never has any good debates, because anyone with a conflicting opinion is chased away, no matter how nicely they present their comments. I've been a member almost a year now, and I only have 33 posts, because so many of the threads here are just like this guy is talking about. This guy was not stirring the pot, just speaking his mind. He did it in a very objective way. What's wrong with that?

I see your point. The free articles are pretty nice that show up here. But who cares if we whine? Fact is, we've gotten hosed big time this year; i.e. the Tampa Bay game, which we won. It also doesn't help that one of our main rivals, the NY Giants, were given 9 home games this year by the NFL. I doubt we'll ever be so lucky. There's a lot for Skins fans to be ticked about. I've personally seen a lot of 10-6 seasons that left us out of the playoffs, and I'm hoping it doesn't happen again this year.

Yes, the giants got an extra home game. But they would have beaten the saints anywhere, any time this year, so thats not a good argument. I agree that the tampa game was a blown call, but again thats all you hear about from people here. If you guys miss the playoffs, you can bet that will be topic #1 this offseason. Every team gets hosed. And even if one year is worse for one team than another, it evens out over the course of all the seasons. It's just like injuries. Every team has their share, some worse than others, and every year some teams get absolutely crushed by injuries. But over time it all works out.

It's funny that this thread, which supposedly has no place on this board, is the thread i've taken the most interest in since i've joined here.

Eli in Baton Rouge is as good as a home game. He grew up in N. O. and went to school at Ole Miss. The Saints are downright terrible this year, they can't beat anyone.

BTW I do happen to be a Saints fan. If you want to talk about teams that got hosed this year, the Saints got screwed more than any team in the history of the NFL. But if you go to saints fan boards, theyre not whining. Theyre talking football. They're talking about Brooks getting benched, and about keeping the Saints in N.O. in the future. There's no pity party there. Just discussion about what the saints need to do to improve, and keep the team in louisiana. If anyone gets sick of all the smack talk here, check out www.saintsreport.com. There's lots of good discussion, and opinions ARE allowed. Heck, theres even Chris Cooley Thread and Marcus Washington threads going..

Have you checked out Eli's record on the road? Not too good. I agree, they probably would've won, but it's no guarantee.

Ted, I hope you don't think the Redskins are the only team ticked about the Giants getting an extra home game...every team in the NFC was affected. You could tell the way the Saints executed, they were affected most. If they wanted a Hurricane telethon, that could have been done in NY or anywhere else in the world, the game should have been played wherever the Saints wanted...the two were really separate from one another.

I agree, I think you guys should have won against TB; but by the same token, you in reality deserved to lose to both Seattle and Dallas the first time. But it's not about shoulda's...the winner at the end of the day, deserving or not, is who has the most points on the scoreboard...whether by 1 or by 50...it all counts as one game.

This post was not about Dallas vs Washington, it was about having a respect for the game. Poor sports only reflect badly on those around him. You've got all offseason(and the rest of the season if you want) to objectively look at how many people "blame" the officials for the outcome of the game.

If you can't see that, I can't help you.

By the way, congrats to you and all of the skins fans on a great game today. You guys earned it!

Ted, I hope you don't think the Redskins are the only team ticked about the Giants getting an extra home game...every team in the NFC was affected. You could tell the way the Saints executed, they were affected most. If they wanted a Hurricane telethon, that could have been done in NY or anywhere else in the world, the game should have been played wherever the Saints wanted...the two were really separate from one another.

I agree, I think you guys should have won against TB; but by the same token, you in reality deserved to lose to both Seattle and Dallas the first time. But it's not about shoulda's...the winner at the end of the day, deserving or not, is who has the most points on the scoreboard...whether by 1 or by 50...it all counts as one game.

This post was not about Dallas vs Washington, it was about having a respect for the game. Poor sports only reflect badly on those around him. You've got all offseason(and the rest of the season if you want) to objectively look at how many people "blame" the officials for the outcome of the game.

If you can't see that, I can't help you.

By the way, congrats to you and all of the skins fans on a great game today. You guys earned it!

+1

nice post.

Gotta disagree, we won both of those games straight up. Granted, they were close, but we didn't get any bonus help from the refs to push us over the top.

Gotta disagree, be won both of those games straight up. Granted, they were close, but we didn't get any bonus help from the refs to push us over the top.

Sure you did...the refs just didn't call it or it seemed insignificant at the time..but when your opponent misses a game winning makeable FG as time expires by hitting the upright, you escaped. If I'm not mistaken, weren't the redskins offsides on the xp when they blocked the kick? Don't blame the Refs for that....not offsides, you guys win. And I do believe the TD was reviewed by the officials to verify the call of TD by Alstott. If it was a bad call, they would have overturned it. You guys beat Dallas the first game because Dallas settled for field goals attempts and played conservative the entire game, but the game is 60 minutes long and we blew 2 coverages on deep plays late...it was disheartening after dominating the whole game. But like I said...60 minutes.

As for the officials affecting outcomes of our games, Seattle twice...called a ridiculous pass interference to give them the ball at our 25 yard line in the final 2 minutes, then the no call on defensive holding on Bledsoe's poor throw that they intercepted it. Denver held big time on Ron Dayne's 55 yd run in overtime to bring them into FG range(held arguably best rushing team below 100 yds until then), not to mention we missed a 34 yd fg that would have won it in regulation.

We beat the eagles when we had no business winning that game, but could have very easily beat the Raiders having the ball 2nd & goal at the 2 at the end of the game.

We all win some we shouldn't, we lose some we should have won, but the ball is funny shaped, it bounces funny sometimes, and not because the refs determine the outcome...unless your the Pittsburgh Steelers :silly:

If I'm not mistaken, weren't the redskins offsides on the xp when they blocked the kick? Don't blame the Refs for that....not offsides, you guys win.

I believe that video reviews showed that the TB center lifted the ball creating a delayed snap. The two end rushers left on the ball being lifted and were not offsides.

I believe that video reviews showed that the TB center lifted the ball creating a delayed snap. The two end rushers left on the ball being lifted and were not offsides.

So what you're really saying is that it should have been illegal procedure against TB that didn't get called? Maybe it was a conspiracy :rolleyes:

Archived