Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are Skins fans capable of being objective???

gollum

First, to answer the flame I'm sure is forthcoming, I am not a troll...I was a Hobbit :silly: A troll is someone who lurks, and then posts a worthless, bitter, immature post just to enflame others. This is not the case...I've read the posts of your game day discussions for maybe three games this year, as I find little enjoyment hearing grown men(or teenagers as the case may be), whine and bemoan how the league is so totally biased against your beloved team. At first, I thought it was just the rantings of a few immature malcontents. However, the more I read, the more I come to realize this is the norm, not the exception. If you don't believe me, I challenge each and every one of you who will inevitably bash me and my post to 1) make you feel better about yourself, 2) belittle someone who happens to have his eyes and mind open to the bigger picture than your little bubble of a world, or 3) you just simply open your mouth and insert foot before using that gift between your ears. There is not a team in the league who gets preferential treatment by the officials, or is on their chopping block...not even the Raiders. They are human beings just like you...except that they are better at being UNBIASED!

I'm sorry if I hurt some of your feelings, but some of you need to take a long look at yourselves and how you present yourself. Again, I challenge you to go back and read with an unbiased eye...as a football fan, as an unbiased human being, and as a role model for your children(if you have them). Act like you would want your children to act. Imagine how you would want them the be perceived by their peers...either as someone objective and able to forgive human error, someone who knows and accepts that things will not always go your way and you just have to persevere, or as a someone who cries and pouts when they don't get their way.

all i hear is blah, blah, blah -- is this guy the teacher on the those charlie brown cartoons? :D

]']lets just... ban him...forever.

Wow...for the mods, I hope that you are above stooping to such a low level. If trying to show some people how they are perceived outside their sacred inner circle is blasphemy, then I am guilty. I even changed the title to alleviate some of the perceived anti-skin intent. If I were a skin fan, and I posted the main theme of this post, would I be banned?

I have yet to hear anyone deny or agree with challenge. Is it true or not?

Wow...for the mods, I hope that you are above stooping to such a low level. If trying to show some people how they are perceived outside their sacred inner circle is blasphemy, then I am guilty. I even changed the title to alleviate some of the perceived anti-skin intent. If I were a skin fan, and I posted the main theme of this post, would I be banned?

Take a hint. :rolleyes:

:laugh: somone has some issues to sort out

TO FANS OF OPPOSING TEAMS

This is a website owned by the Washington Redskins, maintained by Redskins fans, and devoted, primarily, to Washington Redskins football. While we enjoy having visitors, we did not leave the door open hoping to have people drop by intent on changing our way of thinking. We are quite happy---some might argue "miserable"---being Redskins fans. We continue to believe that each Sunday marks a new beginning and that eventually we will return to our days of greatness. You, of course, can laugh at that notion, but if you do it here, it probably won't be taken too kindly.

Please don't make the mistake of thinking this is a friendly environment. When you are here, your screen is burgundy and gold for a very deliberate reason. We’re ExtremeSkins. Nothing about this site should suggest to you that we are interested in being all things to all football fans. We have a ton of knowledgeable fans here who know quite a bit about Washington Redskins football in particular, and the NFL in general. We do allow a certain amount of Redskins machismo here, because that is part of the Redskins experience. So please be advised that it’s likely you will encounter, from time to time, critical, disparaging and even mean-spirited statements about things related to your chosen football team. It’s what we do here. And when there is a presumption to be given, it will be given to a Redskins fan.

Do enjoy your stay here---but please make the effort to avoid letting that interfere with our ability to enjoy your stay here.

12. No trolling. Do not post messages that are inflammatory and serve solely to incite fellow members. ExtremeSkins has always prided itself on its zero tolerance policy for the common internet troublemaker. Trolls will be identified and censured, at the discretion of the ES Staff, quickly and efficiently

YEAH!!! WHAT HE SAID!!!!!!

sorry you do not qualify to become a Skins fan -- now or ever - you must first show good taste

Well I personally could care less how you or any cowboy fan or anybody else for that matter perceives me

Funny how he asks for objectivity yet offers none.

Ok...how about this:

Nov 20 Dallas defeats Detroit 20-7

I don't know a single Poke fan who was happy the refs called the Lions for 17 penalties for 129 yards. We don't want the officials as an excuse why we won or lost. I felt as if we had lost the entire week thereafter. But I watched the game and I felt we only got 1, maybe 2 fortunate, questionable calls that game. If we are the beneficiary of a blown call, I will say so. If we are the victim of a bad call, I will say so...and leave it at that. I will not continually whine about it. That call did not determine the outcome of the game. If each player executed his job on every play, every offensive play would score. I'm just not going to BLAME the officials for losing.

Ok...how about this:

I don't know a single Poke fan who was happy the refs called the Lions for 17 penalties for 129 yards. We don't want the officials as an excuse why we won or lost. I felt as if we had lost the entire week thereafter. But I watched the game and I felt we only got 1, maybe 2 fortunate, questionable calls that game. If we are the beneficiary of a blown call, I will say so. If we are the victim of a bad call, I will say so...and leave it at that. I will not continually whine about it. That call did not determine the outcome of the game. If each player executed his job on every play, every offensive play would score. I'm just not going to BLAME the officials for losing.

You're right though. It's a lot easier to not be sore about something that didn't determine the outcome of the game. And it's also a lot easier to not be sore if the play goes in your direction.

But...doesn't everyone already know that? :laugh:

get off the high horse, you haven't provided any proof worthy of challenging, other than your clearly bias opinion.

To make any claim, much less one so generalized, you need to bring facts, research, data, to back your claims and "theory". Your drivel can be applied to any teams fans... in fact all your so called complaints "others" have against the Skins fans... I have heard for years about poke fans.... and not from just Redskin fans. I have lived in many place in my younger days... and to a fault almost everywhere I lived the majority of football fans I met ****ed & moaned about how pathetic are bandwagon cowboy fans.

BTW the mods won't ban you... you will ban yourself

You forgot "Have differentiating opinions from the majority or cause the norm to be threatened". I don't want your confidence. I speak only the truth. If I wanted to cause angst...trust me, I would. But that is not my objective. View for yourselves during the game...watch how many times the officials get blamed. Take off those burgundy colored glasses and see for yourself. I'm just bringing up a point, asking for some of you to be somewhat objective...whether you choose to grow as a person or not is a path you must choose.

Dude,

I live in the middle of Cowboy country. There is just as much ****ing about officiating here as anywhere else. This is hardly the domain of skins fan. So crawl back to Troll land in Middle Earth . We have plenty of opposing fans who are welcome contributors here and they act like the guests they are. You should learn from them.

Ok...how about this:

I know 20 Cowboy fans who were happy as clams when the Lions were penalized. Can I now generalize all poke fans the way you did here?

Im not here to bash people, Im here because this is my teams board and the best in the NFL, thats why you even showed up. I understand being a cowboy fan it blindes you from the truth at many times.

We have lost games on our mistakes a few times yes, but we were 100 taken by refs in a few games and not only by 1 major call, but by many. I dont consider it crying to state the obvious.

Ya see, you cowboy fans are just fans and thats all. We our family with our team, thats the love we show them, so when they get beat like NY beat us, it hurts but we have NO excuses, we lost plain and simple.

And when Refs stare at obvious plays and still make the wrong decisions, we speak up about that too. The reason your here is plain and simple, your cowgurls dont have to worry about refs giving them bad calls because you guys strait up pay them off.

By the way I only read the reply's from my fellow redskin fans, but now you got your answer, and like I said, I wasnt here to bash ya, just tell ya the truth, now go back to pasture please.

Dude,

I live in the middle of Cowboy country. There is just as much ****ing about officiating here as anywhere else. This is hardly the domain of skins fan. So crawl back to Troll land in Middle Earth . We have plenty of opposing fans who are welcome contributors here and they act like the guests they are. You should learn from them.

as do every teams fan in every sport, this is nothing more than a long winded waste of time just to stir up the board.

Why should his opinion mean anything, because he is a hobbit? :laugh:

use the search feature Bilbo, and look up a thread about the Cardinals message board game thread complaining about the refs.. :rolleyes:

to think or feel Refs are perfect is naive. to think they don't try and cover their ass when they screw up is just funny. They are human, and not matter how well they are trained, educated whatever else, they still have deep rooted feelings that can surface in a game and shade the way they "see" a play.

Also in the heat of a game, and frustrations people say many heated and ridiculous things, because they are venting.... and every sports teams fan have fans who scream yell and hollar...

but to come in here, act superior, call us names in the title, then lecture us ... and want respect and an intelligent discussion... :laugh:

you have to give respect to get it. Your way of going about all of this has been poorly executed if you truly wanted to discuss the subject.

But in reality you were baiting to get a reaction, not discussion... then try and spin it around to say, look see what I mean... :rolleyes:

get off the high horse, you haven't provided any proof worthy of challenging, other than your clearly bias opinion.

To make any claim, much less one so generalized, you need to bring facts, research, data, to back your claims and "theory". Your drivel can be applied to any teams fans... in fact all your so called complaints "others" have against the Skins fans... I have heard for years about poke fans.... and not from just Redskin fans. I have lived in many place in my younger days... and to a fault almost everywhere I lived the majority of football fans I met ****ed & moaned about how pathetic are bandwagon cowboy fans.

BTW the mods won't ban you... you will ban yourself

Nah...I'm not in this to get banned...this is fun banter...even if no one has gone back to look at a single official game thread since this post. I can't say I'd blame you though...those who were there undoubtedly remember the posting regarding the officiating. I can't make you drink the water, just show you where it is. And honestly, I didn't really expect to change anyone's opinion. You guys bleed burgandy and gold just as we bleed blue, silver and white. If you doubt my "facts" as you call them, why should I spoonfeed you. You're (or at least most of you) are intelligent enough to click Search then type in "Official Game" under title only. I'm sure you will find at least a 1000 pages of "facts" for you to peruse at your leisure.

Here is one example[link]http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131915&highlight=bad+calls[/link]

I admire your devotion to your team, your passion, but that doesn't change the fact that many, many, many of the posters here have used the officials as scapegoats for most of your losses instead of the players or coaching staff. I'm not saying all because I wouldn't pigeon-hole all of you into the same category.

My proof will be in today's Official Game thread...if it is a close game of if the Cowboys win. You will see, you will see.

Nah...I'm not in this to get banned...this is fun banter...even if no one has gone back to look at a single official game thread since this post. I can't say I'd blame you though...those who were there undoubtedly remember the posting regarding the officiating. I can't make you drink the water, just show you where it is. And honestly, I didn't really expect to change anyone's opinion. You guys bleed burgandy and gold just as we bleed blue, silver and white. If you doubt my "facts" as you call them, why should I spoonfeed you. You're (or at least most of you) are intelligent enough to click Search then type in "Official Game" under title only. I'm sure you will find at least a 1000 pages of "facts" for you to peruse at your leisure.

Here is one example[link]http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131915&highlight=bad+calls[/link]

I admire your devotion to your team, your passion, but that doesn't change the fact that many, many, many of the posters here have used the officials as scapegoats for most of your losses instead of the players or coaching staff. I'm not saying all because I wouldn't pigeon-hole all of you into the same category.

My proof will be in today's Official Game thread...if it is a close game of if the Cowboys win. You will see, you will see.

Like there wasn't crying over a holding call on one of Santana's TD catches in the Cowboys game day thread over at the Cowboyszone. Get off it already.

well duh! and if you go to the poke message board and will see the exact same thing, and to expect anything else is foolish.

again in the heat of the moment many things are said out of passion, and you always look to blame someone other than your loved ones first. Geez that is human nature... or on the other spectrum... we have as many if not more posters blaming everything redskins when things go wrong.... but as time moves on in a day or two the majority of fans will come back to reality and give a fair assessment of what happened.

Archived