Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How we get the 2nd seed

Grizz

I doubt that will happen, we need now the Vikes and Falcons to each lose one game.

Maybe so, but the AFC West seems to own the NFC East this year and the Raiders already beat us at home somehow and the Cowboys as well. I don't know how far fetched it is. The do have Norv remember? He is known for winning the tough games on the schedule late in the season when it doesn't matter anymore after losing to the bad teams early in the year.

It might even be likely for them to win.

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble or anything, but it's not even possible for the skins to get the 2nd seed in that scenario. The reason, if all those teams end up at 10-6, the first tie-breaker is head to head, and we lost to Tampa Bay, which means we can get no higher than the 3rd seed. However, if Tampa loses the next two.......... And the Giants lose their next two............

As you can see, the odds aren't very good

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble or anything, but it's not even possible for the skins to get the 2nd seed in that scenario. The reason, if all those teams end up at 10-6, the first tie-breaker is head to head, and we lost to Tampa Bay, which means we can get no higher than the 3rd seed. However, if Tampa loses the next two.......... And the Giants lose their next two............

As you can see, the odds aren't very good

I could be wrong, but if you have more than one team tied, I think you throw out head to head and just use conference records. Which Washington has the best at 10 & 2.

Archived