Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How we get the 2nd seed

Grizz

I posted this last week and I'll do it again since my version is a lil more plausible i.e. Carolina beats New Orleans in mine.

Week 15

Redskins over Cowboys

Bears over Falcons

Chiefs over Giants ( out in week17)

Patriots over Buccaneers ( out in week17)

Steelers over Vikings ( out in week 16)

Panthers don’t matter

Week 16

Redskins over Giants

Packers over Bears

Cowboys over Panthers

Falcons over Buccaneers

Vikings must lose to Ravens IF they beat Steelers in Week 15

Week 17

Redskins over Eagles

Vikings over Bears

Giants must lose to Oakland IF they beat KC in Week 15

Cowboys don’t matter

Buccaneers must lose to Saints IF they beat NE in Week 15

Falcons over Panthers

Redskins would finish 10-6 along with Chicago and Atlanta as the other divisional winners and of course we'd be the 2nd seed.

Not sure how the wild card tiebreaker is done with 3 teams with equal conference records of 8-4.

Minnesota beat the Giants, so they win the tiebreaker. The Giants had a better division record over the Cowboys, so they win the tiebreaker over them.

5th seed = Minnesota ...6th seed = NY

That means we would host the winner of the Bears and Giants.

Good image.. Except..

WHY DO WE WANT DALLAS TO WIN OVER ST LOUIS? IT'S HARD TO SWALLOW THAT WE NEED THEM TO OVERTAKE THE PANTHER AS INSURANCE POLICY, BUT WHY THE RAMS? AND THE GIANTS OVER THE RAIDERS?

But other than that, wouldn't Tampa Bay still be seeded higher than us due to the fact that head-to-head is more important than conference record?

Here's another one....

How we clinch the division with one game left to play...

- Redskins beat Dallas and then New York

- Dallas loses @ Carolina in week 16

- Giants lose to KC, WAS, and then tank on SATURDAY of week 17 flying out to Cali on a two game losing streak

- The division is secured before we step onto the field vs. Philly

Good image.. Except..

WHY DO WE WANT DALLAS TO WIN OVER ST LOUIS? IT'S HARD TO SWALLOW THAT WE NEED THEM TO OVERTAKE THE PANTHER AS INSURANCE POLICY, BUT WHY THE RAMS? AND THE GIANTS OVER THE RAIDERS?

But other than that, wouldn't Tampa Bay still be seeded higher than us due to the fact that head-to-head is more important than conference record?

If everyting plays out the game Dallas plays vs st. louis shouldn't matter in the way of our seed. and yes we need the panthers to go 10-6 so they dont win the division with a higher record than us or else they would get the 2nd seed, so having the panthers beat saints then drop back to back games vs dallas and atlanta plays into our hands. Also, the Giants only have to lose to the Raiders IF they beat Chiefs today. Tampa would not be seeded higher than us in my scenario because they wouldn't win the division at 10-6. Atlanta would due to a split head to head with Tampa and Carolina and Atlanta would have the same Division record, but a slighty better record in common games played. Hope that helps. My scenario is flawless, only thing I worry about is Green Bay showing up for their home game vs Chicago in Week 16.

Good image.. Except..

Perferably I would love to see Dallas lose all it games, but this is based on having everyone finish with the same record. If Dallas loses to Stl, so much the better.

I think even though Tampa beat us, if their are more than two teams tied you use the conference record opposed to head to head :cheers:

Archived