Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Front Page of CNNSI right now/Top Rivalries at SI (Merged)

hokie4redskins

NFC EAST

The Giants are leading the division, but things are looking grim. Basically lucky with injuries all year, the jinx caught up to them last weekend. MLB Antonio Pierce is lost for the year and the offensive and defensive lines are banged up. Eli Manning has come up with a case of the wild-high's, reminding us of the old joke: Why would you want to send him to Cuba? Because he could overthrow Fidel.

Nevertheless, and don't ask me why and please do not start yelling that I'm a New Jersey homer, I see the Giants sweeping the board and winning its last three against the Chiefs, Redskins and Raiders and coming in as the division champ

The Cowboys' Drew Bledsoe will have the advantage of an injury-riddled Redskin secondary this weekend, and he'll throw for about a fifth of a mile, or four blocks, as Dallas takes a division biggie and just about ends the Skins' hopes, which will mathematically end the following week against the Giants. Carolina, locked in an NFC South struggle with Tampa Bay, will beat the Boys in Charlotte, but Dallas will sew up a wild card spot at 10-6 with a home victory over St. Louis in the finale.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/dr_z/12/14/projections/1.html

Doc Zzzzzzzz predicting the fnal 3 weeks

NFC EAST

The Giants are leading the division, but things are looking grim. Basically lucky with injuries all year, the jinx caught up to them last weekend. MLB Antonio Pierce is lost for the year and the offensive and defensive lines are banged up. Eli Manning has come up with a case of the wild-high's, reminding us of the old joke: Why would you want to send him to Cuba? Because he could overthrow Fidel.

Nevertheless, and don't ask me why and please do not start yelling that I'm a New Jersey homer, I see the Giants sweeping the board and winning its last three against the Chiefs, Redskins and Raiders and coming in as the division champ

The Cowboys' Drew Bledsoe will have the advantage of an injury-riddled Redskin secondary this weekend, and he'll throw for about a fifth of a mile, or four blocks, as Dallas takes a division biggie and just about ends the Skins' hopes, which will mathematically end the following week against the Giants. Carolina, locked in an NFC South struggle with Tampa Bay, will beat the Boys in Charlotte, but Dallas will sew up a wild card spot at 10-6 with a home victory over St. Louis in the finale.

Pierce is still listed as questionable on the injury report....

Did u read the rest of the article though? Z still picks the midgets to win out -- and picks us to lose to the pukes as well......still no respect !

:dallasuck

That's ok. He also said that Dan Marino would never amount to anything and Don Shula wasn't the QB's Coach that Marino needed to mold him... :doh: :laugh:

NUMBER 1 RIVALRY OF ALL TIME:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/12/15/gallery.oldrivals/content.10.html

cowboys-redskins.jpg

The Cowboys and Redskins have hated each other since the series began in 1960 and the rivalry has blossomed into one of the greatest in sports. The two franchises have won eight Super Bowls combined and even in the rare down years, each has given the other trouble. There are too many great games to list, but this year's Monday Night thriller, in which Washington shocked Dallas with a come-from-behind 14-13 victory, has to be among them.

NFC EAST

Man if we lose 2 straight divisional games at home to end the season I'll be really upset. I guess I just don't see it happening though.....

I really don't care what Dr Z or Peter King or anybody thinks. I 'm watching the game this weekend. If the Skins win this game, then EVERYBODY and their mother will be writing about the Skins and saying that it looks like Washington has a chance to go to the playoffs.

Seriously, no matter if Minnesotta or Atlanta or N.Y. wins or loses, if the Skins win Sunday get ready for Redskins week in the media next week. Just because they will have destroyed America's team and killed Parcells hopes and dreams. thats will be the big story.

Oh, and just so you guys know SI voted the Cowboys-Redskins rivalry #1 in their own top 10. It is hard to tell who is the best rivalry unless you grow up in the areas where the teams' fans are. But since I've always lived in Redskins country, it's always been hard to believe there could be a better rivalry. Puke-UNC definitely doesn't match it.

Archived