Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Front Page of CNNSI right now/Top Rivalries at SI (Merged)

hokie4redskins

I hate to say it but Dallas has the hottest Cheerleaders by far!

That's bull****. No team has decidedly hotter cheerleaders than another. People try to pretend like Dallas or the Lakers in Basketballs cheerleaders are hotter than other, but I've never seen any evidence to support either of these claims.

These two teams actually had problems befor the Boys even exsisted. Not sure off all the facts but when the original owner of the Boys wanted to start a team he had to have yes votes from ALL the existing owners. The only one to vote no was the Skins owner. Guy who wanted to start the Boys went out and bought the rights to "Hail to the Redskins" and said the Skins couldn't use it ever again unless we let his team in.

These two teams actually had problems befor the Boys even exsisted. Not sure off all the facts but when the original owner of the Boys wanted to start a team he had to have yes votes from ALL the existing owners. The only one to vote no was the Skins owner. Guy who wanted to start the Boys went out and bought the rights to "Hail to the Redskins" and said the Skins couldn't use it ever again unless we let his team in.

I don't really know that this isn't true, but my bull**** detector is going off.

#9 on ESPN's All-Time Sports Rivalries

http://espn.go.com/endofcentury/s/other/bestrivalries.html

They list Oklahoma-Texas under "10 we wish still existed"???

(Although I notice that url includes "endofcentury". Possible that article was written in 2000, when the Big 12 was still the Big 8, and neither Tx nor Ok had been a contender for several years. But still, that game was still a rivalry even then, it just didn't affect the national championship much.)

It was fun to read and i like the fact that thats considered the number 1 rivalry to everyone else as well, i mean IVE always considered it the number 1 rivalry but i never knew how big of a rivalry it was to everyone else...i mean every team has a rival and I had no idea that the Redskins Vs Cowboys was the #1.

Yep, 28rdsknsfn28, the guy who wanted to start the Cowboys, (Tex Schram?), bought the rights to "Hail to the Redskins" and held them hostagy, to force the Skins owner to vote in favor of adding another team to the NFL.

These two teams hated each other before one of them even was a team.

that list is a solid list.

I was surprised that it was Jets/Dolphins rather than Dolphins vs. Bills (Kelly vs. Marino for a decade). oh well... the Rams/49ers surprised me a little....I dont recall that being a rivalry really...i guess because of the Rams being displaced. Im surprised that Broncos/Chiefs wasnt on there...i thought that would be considered big.

True story. Just one more reason to hate those Cowgirls! :laugh:

Archived