Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 2 all over again?(Brunell & Gibbs)

ChampSkinsFanatic

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Dallas game. Brunell has had two spectacular games against to Cowboys since he's been a Redskins QB. Gibbs knows what he's doing. The man ain't in the NFL Hall of Fame for nothing.

I think it will be a different game this time. Portis will gain more yards than last time. The defense won't go for that fluke flee flicker. I do believe that Roy Williams will get fried by Santana Moss yet again. But this time that won't factor in the win.

They went out and shut everyone up lol? You mean Brunell who engineered 56 minutes of a shutout, and then had 2 plays(where everyone admits Roy Williams allowed to happen), that apparently showed he was an NFL MVP? Now thats fickle, allowing 2 plays to forget how horrid Brunell was in that game. God won us that game, not Brunell, theres no othere explanation for that.

Remember when Ramsey got benched and the boards were full of threads calling Joe Gibbs every name in the book and people where refering to Mark Brunell as NoodleArm? Then they went out Monday Night and shut everybody up. I hope it happens again, because some of yall are so fickle

Amen to that. People don't learn, I guess.

Remember when Ramsey got benched and the boards were full of threads calling Joe Gibbs every name in the book and people where refering to Mark Brunell as NoodleArm? Then they went out Monday Night and shut everybody up. I hope it happens again, because some of yall are so fickle

It will take that and then some this time around.

Gibbs is in the Hall of Fame because of players such as........clark, rypien, monk, williams, coleman, riggins, smith, green etc.......

He is not the greatest coach in the world people.......WAKE UP

He has made numerous decisions and is bad for this team. PERIOD

Ok so then Lombardi should be stripped of the hall because he had good players, as well as Landry, Walsh, Chuck Knoll, Shula, Levy...and we should strip the yankees of their 26 titles because they had an unfair advantage with Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio, MAntle, Maris, Reggie Jackson, Jeter...Red Aurbach said the same thing about Phil Jackson - like having Bill Russell didn't help Red. To say he is bad for this team is ludicrous to any living being with a brain larger than a cigarette butt. Are we playing a meaningful game against Dallas in the month of December? Yes, and would that have happened without Gibbs - no. This team lacked discipline, pride, and heart before gibbs. I watched this team go down by a TD or more and just lay down. Remember that last Eagles game of Spurrier's reign? The skins basically showed up only because they technically had to in order to collect their gamecheck. Do you think Norv or Spurrier would have been able to come back in the first dallas game? It is taking awhile to turn it around as this team was that royally messed up after all the coaching changes. Gibbs gives this team credibility and stability - something we haven't had since he left after the 1992 season.

If you don't like Gibbs, fine. But to imply that he should not be in the hall when he is the ONLY coach to win 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QB's and Rb's and gave us years of joy is dispicable as a knowedgable football fan and a Redskins fan respectively.

so who is the greatest coach in the world, oh wise one?

Ok so then Lombardi should be stripped of the hall because he had good players, as well as Landry, Walsh, Chuck Knoll, Shula, Levy...and we should strip the yankees of their 26 titles because they had an unfair advantage with Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio, MAntle, Maris, Reggie Jackson, Jeter...Red Aurbach said the same thing about Phil Jackson - like having Bill Russell didn't help Red. To say he is bad for this team is ludicrous to any living being with a brain larger than a cigarette butt. Are we playing a meaningful game against Dallas in the month of December? Yes, and would that have happened without Gibbs - no. This team lacked discipline, pride, and heart before gibbs. I watched this team go down by a TD or more and just lay down. Remember that last Eagles game of Spurrier's reign? The skins basically showed up only because they technically had to in order to collect their gamecheck. Do you think Norv or Spurrier would have been able to come back in the first dallas game? It is taking awhile to turn it around as this team was that royally messed up after all the coaching changes. Gibbs gives this team credibility and stability - something we haven't had since he left after the 1992 season.

If you don't like Gibbs, fine. But to imply that he should not be in the hall when he is the ONLY coach to win 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QB's and Rb's and gave us years of joy is dispicable as a knowedgable football fan and a Redskins fan respectively.

so who is the greatest coach in the world, oh wise one?

Amen... that guy was just trying to stir up trouble. I'm bummed he's from Solmons Island because I live there too. You, and most of the others that take the time to post substance and fact, outweight some of the other morons that I see here. Thank you!!

Gibbs is in the Hall of Fame because of players such as........clark, rypien, monk, williams, coleman, riggins, smith, green etc.......

seems to me a few years ago, we had the best defense on paper...what were we that year ranked 31st in defense.

If we had a HOF coach back then...like I don't know..GIBBS...we would've been a winning team then. The coach brings discipline, and work ethic along with the other necessary tools.

I seem to remember an article that stated when Gibbs was brought back, and he had his first dinner with the team to announce him, when he walked in the room, all players sat up straight and quieted down. I don't think every coach gets that response.

Those players are all very good, but none of them are considered superstars and very few of them would have succeeded in other systems (in fact, most of the players you named went other places and had very little production).

Gibbs got the most out of his players. Period.

For you to make it sound like he coached Elway instead of Mark Rypien is laughable.

But nobody questioned his arm strength or called him "Ol Noodlearm" after that

Plenty of people have. Do a search and you will see posts every week regarding his weak arm strength. Putting air under a ball and throwing deep does not necessarily showcase arm strenght. Throwing a 15 to 20 yard intermediate route on a rope does, something Scott can't do.

Without Adams the cowboys cant protect Bledsoe. I look for the Redskins defense to sack Bledsoe and cause a few turnovers. The Redskins are a better team than they where in week 2 Dallas is a weaker team.

With Rodgers starting and Lavar starting Dallas offense will be in trouble.

I also think Royal is the key. If he can catch the ball the redskins can move the ball..

GO SKINS

he should be shot and hung

Without Adams the cowboys cant protect Bledsoe. I look for the Redskins defense to sack Bledsoe and cause a few turnovers. The Redskins are a better team than they where in week 2 Dallas is a weaker team.

With Rodgers starting and Lavar starting Dallas offense will be in trouble.

GO SKINS

Actaully I don't see it that way. I think Dallas is better now than then. They just beat a KC team that beat Denver last week. Sacking Bleadsoe won't be too easy because our secondary is so banged up, blitzing will be dangerous, and our front 4 don't get much pressure. Rogers is injured and is uncertain for the game, as is Springs.

As for the Skins, we are playing our worst football since week 2. Our defense needs to win this game for us. Unfortunately, we may be playing with one arm and one leg tied behind our backs. This one will be very tough.

Actaully I don't see it that way. I think Dallas is better now than then. They just beat a KC team that beat Denver last week. Sacking Bleadsoe won't be too easy because our secondary is so banged up, blitzing will be dangerous, and our front 4 don't get much pressure. Rogers is injured and is uncertain for the game, as is Springs.

As for the Skins, we are playing our worst football since week 2. Our defense needs to win this game for us. Unfortunately, we may be playing with one arm and one leg tied behind our backs. This one will be very tough.

You mean the Skins are playing their worst passing game since week 2...because the running game has been on fire over the past five weeks.

I hope that happens too.

Archived