Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gosh I just can't help thinking about

wpenn1

Gosh I just can't help thinking about the two point conversion in Tampa, the conservative play calling against the Raiders and the Chargers. These are three games in which we were in control of our own destiny. Had we just won one of them we would be in great position for both the division and the playoffs. If we don't(I have faith we will) make the playoffs which game or moment will you point to as the defining moment?

Seattle kick was their fault. We didn't get lucky, their kicker just didn't get good. Of course everyone is thinking about Tampa.... anyone that saw the game knows that is the worst moment of the year in terms of taking away the fans' confidence at least... possibly some players.

It's hard not to think about those games, especially the TB game. Going in we knew that game had major playoff implications, and it only looms larger now. We'd be the top wildcard now with tie breaker over TB if we had just won that game. The Redskins playoff fate will probably hinge on that 2-point phantom conversion. But for now let's try to think about the hope we still have. We'll have the whole off-season to dwell on that game - unless the Redskins erase that memory by winning their last 3 games and making the playoffs. They have the power to reverse the curse!

Hey, you take Sean Taylor and Cornelius Griffin out of our defense... 2 virtual Pro Bowlers... and it's tough to replace that.

I take a little consolation in the fact that the Bucs have won a few games now with Sims at QB. So he can't be all that bad.

It has nothing to do with Griffin, Taylor, the Bucs or Simms. If you remember that game we were in control of the game. If we were able to convert that last 3rd and short we win that game outright.

I know that everyone is saying to forget about that game but when you are looking at the teams ahead of us for playoff berths you think of that game.

It has nothing to do with Griffin, Taylor, the Bucs or Simms. If you remember that game we were in control of the game. If we were able to convert that last 3rd and short we win that game outright.

You could say the same thing for the Chargers game... when we had 6 3-and-outs in the 4th quarter... and the last 2 possessions where 3rd and 1 and 3rd and 2. And the only reason why had a chance to win at the end was because of an interception by the defense.

Our offense has been shutdown repeatedly all year on 3rd and shorts. That's no surprise.. especially like a good defense like the Bucs... on a play where EVERYBODY knew the Redskins were going to run.

The bigger surprise was giving up 36 points to a young, struggling QB with a depleted offensive line.

That Tampa game is still heart breaking everytime I think of it. :( Im so tired of these close game loses by merely a few points. Id rather we get blown out then go through something like that. At least we can have more time to figure out what we're doing wrong while we get our @sses kicked. :D

The Tampa game....no other game's officiating has been that bad in the history of the NFL. Although I've heard the no-sack call in favor of Green Bay (Sunday night against Detroit) was pretty awful. But that entire game was FILLED with terrible calls and no-calls. The "illegal motion" call against Green Bay last year doesn't even come close. ARGH this thread is pissing me off...thinking about the Tampa Bay game makes my blood boil!!! OH MAN THAT STILL PISSES ME OFF!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

- the "force-out"

- the no-call on the Patten-mugging before the interception

- the no-call on the Moss-mugging before the interception

- the late-hit call

- questionable offsides on the extra-point call

- the %$#@$%$(*#%($@*%(@*@#$%$$%^$%%$ 2-pt. conversion call

I'm shocked they got the Salave'a forced fumble call right....its amazing to me. It must have been dumb luck; they must have flipped a coin or something...who knows. Absolute morons.

:cuss:

Tampa because honestly the refs took that W from us. You can say what you will about how we didn't make that 3 and 2 or that we should never have let them score the TD etc etc but the fact remains that that JoeyC catch was out of bounds and it set the tempo for the entire game of Simms after that AND Allstot was not in for the two point conversion. In addition we did block that extra point with perfect timing rush.

Archived