Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT:Presuming the Texans have the #1 pick,should they make a deal with philly on TO?

michael_33

My Brother and I were talking about this today and I just through a crazy proposition up between the Texans and Eagles on behalf of the Draft...

If your Charley,(and you have the #1 pick)would you trade down to the eagles who may possibly be picking somewhere between 10 and 15 range in the 1st round and Swap 1st round draft picks if the eagles throw in TO in the deal...?

I mean?we can all agree that the Texans need alot of help if their going to contend next season (specially with the colts not getting bad any time soon)and could use more than 1 1st round pick to make the team better...Then with their 10th-15th pick (previously eagles pick) they could address their Offensive line...and add TO with and already studly Andre Johnson...?

Should they even consider such a deal?

I bring this up because I would hate for our Redskins to have to stop Reggie twice a season if he were an eagle...or cowboy or giant...Know what I mean?

Some are comparing this guy like the next Barry Sanders!

what are your opinions on this topic if any?

Well,I agree they just signed Westy that long term deal,but is he REALLY a running back?To me he's more of a WR lined up behind McNabb...

I guess it's more of the question as whether or not Bush would fit into that west coast offense that Philly runs than rather could they use him?

If the Eagles were to find a RB that could affectively un the Ball like a Alexander or L.T.,then that would present a huge problem for not just the NFC east,but for all of Football...To have a gamebreaker in Bush and westbrook...both with completely different styles of play...

And we all know they have the Cap to make this move as well...And you know Fat Andy is getting tired of people up in his ear saying "run the ball more you fat ****"!!

T.O. is a headache on a team that just lost the Super Bowl. Imagine how big of a distraction he would be in Houston. Would never happen. Though I think it would make sense for the Texans to trade the pick. They are pretty well set at QB and RB. What they need is OLinemen. Trade down to a little later in the first and another round and draft linemen to save Carr from permanent brain damage.

i feel bad for the texans RB because he's pretty stout, one of the best players on the team...unfortunately i can't see any team passing up on reggie, he is just to good of a player, not just a RB, kinda like how LT works, the kid just knows football....carr will be good too, as soon as they prevent him from getting sacked 200 times a season, i mean he is getting the crap kicked out of him

If this guy Bush is as good as everybody is saying then whomever gets the #1 pick should just take him irrespective of other considerations.

Plus at this point TO has zero trade value for the Eagles as everybody knows he is never going to play another down in that uniform and will just wait for him to be cut.

There will be a market for him when he becomes a FA - but not at top dollar. TO will have to take an incentive laden contract with not much guaranteed money IMHO.

personally I hope the Skins do not touch him with a forked vermin stick!

My Brother and I were talking about this today and I just through a crazy proposition up between the Texans and Eagles on behalf of the Draft...

If your Charley,(and you have the #1 pick)would you trade down to the eagles who may possibly be picking somewhere between 10 and 15 range in the 1st round and Swap 1st round draft picks if the eagles throw in TO in the deal...?

Wow.

Philly is in no position to trade TO. When they don't pay him his 5 million dollar roster bonus in March, he becomes a free agent.

There will be no trade for TO.

As great as Bush is, he won't go number 1. DBrickshaw Ferguson is the best OT prospect to come out in 20 years. He'll go number 1. Leinart will go number 2 if the Titans have the second pick.

I dont think a Tackle will go #1, seems too unlikely. Ferguson could prolly be top 5, definitely not lower than top 10. However, Ferguson may be the best tackle prospect in 2 decades, but Bush is definitely of that caliber.

If the Texans get another WR, what good would it do if Carr is still throwing. A RB like Bush on the other hand can totally dominate (look at how LT has just gotten better as the years have gone by). I dont think the Texans would pass on Bush, then trade Davis for a 3rd rounder or something.

I dont think a Tackle will go #1, seems too unlikely. Ferguson could prolly be top 5, definitely not lower than top 10. However, Ferguson may be the best tackle prospect in 2 decades, but Bush is definitely of that caliber.

If the Texans get another WR, what good would it do if Carr is still throwing. A RB like Bush on the other hand can totally dominate (look at how LT has just gotten better as the years have gone by). I dont think the Texans would pass on Bush, then trade Davis for a 3rd rounder or something.

The Texans fans are nearly in revolt as it is. I can't imagine what they would do if the team passed on the most electrifying prospect in decades to pick a tackle.

You don't know how good Carr can be until you protect him. You already have a franchise RB. Ferguson is a no-brainer pick. I"ll bet anyone that the Texans take him if they are on the clock with the number 1 pick. LTs are much harder to find then RBs, no matter what level the two are. They are both the best at their position to come out in some time.

You don't know how good Carr can be until you protect him. You already have a franchise RB. Ferguson is a no-brainer pick. I"ll bet anyone that the Texans take him if they are on the clock with the number 1 pick. LTs are much harder to find then RBs, no matter what level the two are. They are both the best at their position to come out in some time.

I'll take that action. An offensive tackle has been taken first only twice in history.

Why would the Texans take Bush if their CLEAREST NEED is at OT and a once in a lifetime player is sitting there? Dominick Davis is a great player. Carr shows flashes when he gets protection. With Andre Johnson, the Texans are an OL away from being the Bengals on offense.

Mainly for marketing purposes...their coach is about to get fired....their GM is probably on the way out the door...David Carr might be cut....the fans are incensed that the team is worst now than it was in their expansion year.

I just can't believe that a team in that position is going to draft a tackle when Reggie Bush is sitting there. You might be right in that it would be the smart football move. But, a team has to sell tickets.

Frankly, I would be tempted to trade the pick. The Texans need a lot and you can always spin a trade.

Also, if I am Reggie Bush's agent, I am pulling an Eli and getting my client to the Jets.

Archived