Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 'Skins Can Still Get in the Playoffs (Mucho Merged)

Hannibal_DK

The team's destiny is mostly in its own hands. There are four teams ahead of Washington for a wildcard slot. That's if three of those teams win out. If the 'Skins win out, we have a decent shot of getting in at 10 and 6. Bring out your talismans and root for New Orleans tomorrow night. Atlanta is one of those four who must lose at least one of their remaining games.

:wewantd:

You know, the Redskins can STILL miss the playoffs. In fact its more likely they will miss the playoffs than make the playoffs. Maybe somebody should finally start a thread entitled "REDSKINS CAN STILL MISS THE PLAYOFFS." Nobody has done that yet.

I assume nobody has started that thread because it is too obvious. It wouldn't make for much of a conversation, would it?

You know, the Redskins can STILL miss the playoffs. In fact its more likely they will miss the playoffs than make the playoffs.

I don't agree. I think it's more likely the Redskins will make the playoffs. Assuming there are no upsets in the upcoming games, Redskins will finish 9-7 (losing @ Eagles), Vikes will finish 9-7 (losing to the Steelers at home and Bears at home), Falcons will finish 9-7 (losing @ Bears and losing @ Bucs), Bucs will finish 11-5 and win their division (losing @ Patriots), Panthers will finish 11-5 and get the 5th seed (losing @ Falcons), Giants will finish 11-5 and win the NFC East (losing @ Redskins), Cowboys will finish 9-7 (losing @ Redskins and losing @ Panthers). Redskins win the tie breaker over everybody for the 6th seed.

Of course, there will be upsets, but upsets could go either way, favoring or not favoring a playoff contender. Also, I think it's not out of the question for the Redskins to win @ Philly and finish 10-6, or even dropping either Giants or Cowboys, but winning @ Philly and finishing 9-7.

Therefore, I think the Redskins have a better than even chance at getting the 6th seed. And a smaller but reasonable chance of winning the NFC East.

You know, the Redskins can STILL miss the playoffs. In fact its more likely they will miss the playoffs than make the playoffs. Maybe somebody should finally start a thread entitled "REDSKINS CAN STILL MISS THE PLAYOFFS." Nobody has done that yet.

Actually, people have done that very thing and most of the threads of this sort AND that sort have been put into the playoff comment thread we've merged together. But, why would a Redskin fan want to describe how the team can miss the playoffs? Wouldn't a fan want to embrace the possibilities of making them?

What team do you follow?

I hate saying this, but there have been WAY too many threads started saying this exact same thing...lol

Couldn't have said it better myself. We all know the circumstances and what needs to happen for us to reach the playoffs. Why do we need another thread to say the exact same thing for the 100th time?

Playoffs? Playoffs are over. We have no chance making the playoffs with Gibbs. Plain and simple. The only thing that Gibbs has done RIGHT was get Gregg Williams. Thanks to Gregg we will always compete with teams. And another cudos to Gregg for convincing Gibbs to get Sean Taylor. Way to go Gregg!!

Playoffs? Playoffs are over. We have no chance making the playoffs with Gibbs. Plain and simple. The only thing that Gibbs has done RIGHT was get Gregg Williams. Thanks to Gregg we will always compete with teams. And another cudos to Gregg for convincing Gibbs to get Sean Taylor. Way to go Gregg!!

Son, I know you weren't alive during Gibbs' first reign. So I can understand your pessimism. But if you do a little research, you'll see that Gibbs is a winner -- he wins at everything. EVERYTHING. Because of that fact, the Redskins do, in fact, have a very good chance of making the playoffs.

Stay tuned.

Ain't that the truth - No way this coach can take a team to the Super Bowl and one day get in the Hall of Fa.....errr.....wait a minute....

Not a fact, but the schedule works in our favor for the games other teams have to win for us not to take the tie-breaker for final wildcard with two weeks left.

Look at the games:

Cheifs at Giants- Giants have been good at home, but against a high powered offense this is a game Giants could easily lose.

Pittsburgh at Minnesota- So what if its at home, Pittsburgh needs to win this game too to stay in playoff hunt, and they are the better team.

Atlanta at Chicago-Atlanta will have way to much trouble playing the snow against a mighty bears defense.

Okay anything can happen obviously, but I am going to go out on a limb and say that if we win against Dallas our destiny will finally be in our own hands at the end of the week, in fact I will guarantee it. One of those three teams will lose.

Not a fact, but the schedule works in our favor for the games other teams have to win for us not to take the tie-breaker for final wildcard with two weeks left.

Look at the games:

Cheifs at Giants- Giants have been good at home, but against a high powered offense this is a game Giants could easily lose.

Pittsburgh at Minnesota- So what if its at home, Pittsburgh needs to win this game too to stay in playoff hunt, and they are the better team.

Atlanta at Chicago-Atlanta will have way to much trouble playing the snow against a mighty bears defense.

Okay anything can happen obviously, but I am going to go out on a limb and say that if we win against Dallas our destiny will finally be in our own hands at the end of the week, in fact I will guarantee it. One of those three teams will lose.

Hell I am not even thinking about the wildcard, if we beat Dallas, we could still win the division. We win the rest of our games, and the Giants loose one, it is ours for the taken.

Why do people keep writing this? I thought the skins needed to win out AND for one of the other teams to lose. That means that we do NOT control our own destiny.

You are right - we do need other teams to lose. But it would be MUCH easier to squeeze in if we win out.

The Chiefs have reverted to the defense of years past, and against a balanced offense like the Giants, this could be problematic. I'm not liking the Chiefs' chances, but I'll certainly be rooting for them.

I remember during the Pitt/Indy game on MNF that Pittsburgh has only played in like two dome games in the last decade, or something ridiculous to that effect, so who knows how they'll do against the Vikes.

And the Bears didn't look so hot in the snow themselves against the Steelers on Sunday.

If we don't run the table, we don't get in. Period. Anyone saying a 9-win team can make the playoffs in either conference this year is crazy. That said, if we don't win the division, we better hope we're tied with the Bears.

Look at the games:

I agree on the Steelers Vikes game, and I agree on the Falcons Bears game. But this next game is very important for the Giants and they know it. It's their last home game, and they're 6-1 at home, and winning it virtually clinches the NFC East, save one win over Norv's team. I think we need some help from above for the Giants to lose at home against the Chiefs.

Archived