Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prisco RUMOR: Gibbs to walk away.

TheKeyBlue

File this away dept.: There is some talk in the NASCAR circles that Redskins coach Joe Gibbs is ready to walk away from the NFL and go back to running his racing teams. The word is Gibbs is not having nearly as much fun coaching as he once did. If he leaves, look for Redskins defensive coordinator Gregg Williams to likely take over. Williams deserves another chance after his three-year run in Buffalo didn't end the way he wanted. He's a good coach who is as detailed and organized as any in the game.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9084988/2

Gibbs already said he'll be back next year and he also gave a good response to listeners in Phoenix(for the upcoming game) about the same issue mentioning how there is no change in the long hours and how he approaches the games between his first stint and second stint. He says he enjoys that part of the game because you know there are 31 other teams doing the same thing and whoever prepares better, wins!

The fact that Tony Stewart won the Nextel Cup without him, I would think, would make him less likely to go back to NASCAR.

And, in 2005, 65 years old is relatively young. His son is running the team. That would give him, more than likely, a good number of years, with a lot of empty time.

Though, frankly, I'd like to see him hire a real offensive coordinator and scale back his hands on coaching. Be more of a CEO-type coach. Sort of like Joe Paterno.

Could this be a rumor started by an opponent fan, and a cowgirl fan at that, the Cowgirls would love joe to leave, after all in just two season he has turned the skins into a good team, next year it will be a great team, dream on blue key but the truth is your greatest nightmare will still continue to run the skins....go joe go skins

unfortunately I have begun to doubt the gibbs mystique. on more than one occassion( chargers' game?) he chose to pass on 3rd and one in the 4th qtr- clinging to a slim lead.failing to do so cost us the game.

i am also worried about the ability to evaluate talent- 2 first round picks in 2005- rogers is still very green but at least he is playing. jason campbell??? no first round pick in 2006 and we have many needs- def tackle for a decent pass rush without constant blitzing- see what LT did on both (4th qtr and OT) TDs- ran around a blitzing CB. also need another speedy or big receiver, CB to replace walt harris, a TE who can catch the ball.

I look at cincinnati and the major reason for their success this season is: carson palmer and chad johnson and an O line that is giving the QB time. perhaps all these years of drafting high are finally bearing fruit. I do wish Snyder had made a bigger push to keep marvin lewis.

Go Skins

I think we may have hit a nerve with the cowgirls fan that started this worthless thread...Parcells would be a FAR more likely canidate to up and abandon ship than Gibbs. Just look at the history.

Oh wait pokes fan...he just did that to the other THREE teams that he coached I suppose - never gonna happen to your boys! Right...:rolleyes:

:sucks:

Oh yeah and...:dallasuck

The odds of Joe leaving are slim, he signed for a specific time and knowing Joe he will be here for that time. barring health problems. However, a very good rumor is that Parcells has been conversing with the San Francisco owners and should be abandoning ship at the end of this season. OK, my rumor is as valid as yours. Both were made up, one to sell papers and mine to make a point.

I agree, I think the big fat tuna walks away before Gibbs, and I'd be willing to wager a large amount of money on it...Gibbs is no quitter, while the same can't be said about the big fat tuna.

Yep.

I'd bet any Poke fan 5K that Parcells quits before Gibbs does. Gibbs is here for the duration of his contract, maybe even more.

Archived