Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wilbon on PTI

Jrew1223

Did anyone else check this out?

They were talking about Jeff Fisher's comments on how he thought indianapolis should have better football etiquite...

Wilbon defended Fisher by saying that Fisher must have some validity because he isnt a complainer like Joe Gibbs...

can you belive that !@#$?

Did anyone else check this out?

They were talking about Jeff Fisher's comments on how he thought indianapolis should have better football etiquite...

Wilbon defended Fisher by saying that Fisher must have some validity because he isnt a complainer like Joe Gibbs...

can you belive that !@#$?

f wilbon

Two weeks ago he said that he would pick the Redskins to finish strong and I can imagine everyon here proclaiming Wilbon as the premier sportswriter this side of the mississippi.

He's got a point, Gibbs complains about the refs every week. Yes it's deserved but it also comes off a little bitter.

Relax. Keep the language clean and the violent thoughts to a minimum, ok? Thanks. --Henry

Man, Gibbs would take him down right between 3rd and 4th period in the hallway in front of his girlfriend. Then he would steal his lunch and chase him home after he got off the bus.

Two weeks ago he said that he would pick the Redskins to finish strong and I can imagine everyon here proclaiming Wilbon as the premier sportswriter this side of the mississippi.

He's got a point, Gibbs complains about the refs every week. Yes it's deserved but it also comes off a little bitter.

He also constantly apologizes for complaining. So you take the good with the bad. Besides, every head coach in this league complains when they feel it is justified.

Man, Gibbs would take him down right between 3rd and 4th period in the hallway in front of his girlfriend. Then he would steal his lunch and chase him home after he got off the bus.

ur exactly right he should keep his mouth shut and stop trying to bring the redskins down if he got something to say say it to joe gibbs face and not tell the world what he thinks about joe gibbs:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck :mad:

ur exactly right he should keep his mouth shut and stop trying to bring the redskins down if he got something to say say it to joe gibbs face and not tell the world what he thinks about joe gibbs:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck :mad:

He is a wuss. I seem to remember him bashing TO at one point and then having both TO and Rosenhaus on the show and never once saying the things he had said before. He is a scared little man.

i said it before and i will say it one more time. wilbon is a bet hedger. his drivel is all based on what he believes is the popular opinion of the moment. whether it is the general publics or his colleagues is the only real determining factor.

Ahhhh...Wilbon again? Here's my two cents worth; (1) Jeff Fisher's mad because his team was taken out behind the woodshed and horsewhipped. It's funny that he had no comments on this subject before this game...hmmm. Funny what a 35-3 score will do for someone's attitude. What Fisher should take solace in is that his team isn't the only one that this has happened to. After all, what do you expect when you go up against a Peyton led offense and a Dungy defense with a team like the Titans who have limped into something less than mediocre this season. He's just a poor loser. Indy has done nothing to merit what Fisher has accused them. They don't act like morons who run their mouths after a win or two like some other teams do on occasion. If anything they are the team that wins with class the best. (My opinion)

(2) Wilbon agreed with Fisher because he's a Peyton hater. If you have ever listened to him talk about Peyton it's only comparable to him having a root canal performed when trying to give praise to Manning. He would rather lavish over McNabb and the 9-25 passing (I'm being sarcastic here) exploits of Michael Vick. It irks him to no end that Peyton out performs those men. I really don't know why. I'm not a Peyton apologist, but come on, give credit to where credit is due. I have just quit watching Wilbon altogether because he is so biased. And when he gets on a kick (i.e. Joe Gibbs is a whiner) he'll ride it 'til the end of his days.

You mean to tell me that Wilbon is a flip flopper?:silly:

This guy turned into a White Sox fan. Changing from Cubs to Sox is like Red Sox to Yankees. Or for us football affecionados, Skins to Cowboys.

Uhhh, not exactly. The Cubs and White Sox fans don't hate each other. The Cubs hate the Cardinals like we hate Dallas. Cubs and Sox are in the same city, btw.

Wilbon really did put me off when he said this. Did he have to use Joe's name to make his point? I mean from a personal standpoint he should have a little pride and respect not to bash a Hall of Famer that gave him something to write about in the 80's. If I were Joe and heard this, it would be hard for me to look in to Wilbon's eyes when he asks me questions in a post game conference from here on out.

It isn't hard math, we have been kicked around by a few bad calls this season. Who cares? I hope Joe writes TEN letters this week.

Wilbon's point is quite simple, don't sit there and try to blame everyone else when you failed to get the job done yourself. It shouldn't have come down to a 2-point conversion to begin with but because no one stepped up to make a play it did. Place blame first on ourselves before taking shots at everyone else, excuses are like....yea.

I would think Wilbon was just joking, and Gibbs would smirk at it.

But when you think about it, Gibbs complained about being robbed by blind refs, and was just.

Fisher is complaining about Indy using artificial crowd noise.

ANYONE SEE THE DIFFERENCE!!!!

I would think Wilbon was just joking, and Gibbs would smirk at it.

But when you think about it, Gibbs complained about being robbed by blind refs, and was just.

Fisher is complaining about Indy using artificial crowd noise.

ANYONE SEE THE DIFFERENCE!!!!

My bad, got Fisher mixed up with the other retards saying the Colts use artificial crowd noise and blast it in the dome, giving them an advantage. :doh:

Uhhh, not exactly. The Cubs and White Sox fans don't hate each other. The Cubs hate the Cardinals like we hate Dallas. Cubs and Sox are in the same city, btw.

Wilbon really did put me off when he said this. Did he have to use Joe's name to make his point? I mean from a personal standpoint he should have a little pride and respect not to bash a Hall of Famer that gave him something to write about in the 80's. If I were Joe and heard this, it would be hard for me to look in to Wilbon's eyes when he asks me questions in a post game conference from here on out.

It isn't hard math, we have been kicked around by a few bad calls this season. Who cares? I hope Joe writes TEN letters this week.

I know the Cubs and Sox are in the same city thanks.:rolleyes: Ok maybe a comparison of Mets Yankees is better. Either way it's not right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Sox-Cubs_rivalry

And if there is no intercity rivalry, what is all this about on wikipedia?

Wilbon's point is quite simple, don't sit there and try to blame everyone else when you failed to get the job done yourself. It shouldn't have come down to a 2-point conversion to begin with but because no one stepped up to make a play it did. Place blame first on ourselves before taking shots at everyone else, excuses are like....yea.

except when it effects his team... ala "Bartman"

There is not one coach who hasn't complained about the offical, and most the time they have a right, when they do. In a sport where many games can come down to one play, and when coaches careers, and players contracts are on the line with wins & losses... who doesn't complain when they believed they were wronged. Why should they accept the other team got a gift, that they didn't earn? If the play was reversed, don't think Gruden wouldn't be on the phone to the league office first thing Monday morning.

Why aren't the Ref's supposed to be accountable for THEIR failures??

you can spin it anyway you want, but it is possible that one play can cost the Skins a playoff bid....The Skins could a, should a, would a... but you know...so do the refs. ;)

I like Wilbon, but I don't like his attitude about complaining, when justified. Especially when he is a hypocrite about it. Like the Bartman play, when he feels his Chicago teams, or favorite players where robbed.. he is crying like a three year old with a boo boo.

Archived