Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sounds like Sean Taylor was out for blood today!

Kansas_SkinsFan

Taylor had a good game imo, A LOT of crucial and key hits, on defense and special teams. Then the Sack helped his overall game as well. Overall, well played Sean.

I remember in the first quarter when the ref called face masking on Taylor for Holt, he was pissed off right then. He refused to let Holt help him up, and was just very emotional. Im glad he kept sane and played his heart out!

ST had a hit on special teams where he totally destroyed somebody, it was early in the game and they didn't show a replay so not to many people probably saw it, but it was hellacious. The guy is a heat seeking missile and receivers piss their pants when they see him, ask Kevin Curtis, lol.

Oh man...on Fitzpatrick's first scramble, he was inches away from lighting him up. Fitzpatrick should be thanking god and all that crap for saving him...I honestly think if Taylor had landed that hit, he probably would have seriously injured him. In fact, I thought he might have pulled up because of that...:whoknows:

the face mask penaly was the wrong call by the ref. 5 yards? Yes. 15 yards? Not even close. The rules read that you have to "grasp" and "hold" the facemask to incurr the 15 yard penalty. Taylor's fingers just barely caught the corner of Bruce's helmet, not the face mask itself even, but it did turn Bruce's neck a little which the ref saw and called a PF. Not a fair call, plain and simple, and it was a major contribution to their only offensive score of the game.

The refs were overall OK this week. They took way to long to make a few calls, but at least they usually got them right. The facemask was the only one I hought was really wrong. Ohh wait, no it wasn't. Jacobs was interferred with in the endzone. That one was obvious too.

And fortunately for Sean, Holt's 55-yard catch on Taylor was negated because of a holding penalty.

But who's counting.

That's just what I was thinking. I was very upset with him on that one. It looked like he had him covered but just gave up and let Holt do what he wanted at the last 2 seconds. It looked like he stopped and just watched Holt jump up and catch it.

It's a good thing that was called back because that could have cost us the game at that point in the game.

Fans here really need to assess the good with the bad and not give the guy a free pass just becuase he was a first round Draft pick and where's a Redskins uniform.

I love Shawn Taylor too. But he's still got a lot of growing up to do. If he just settles down mentally a bit, and studdies the game some more he will be the greatest Safety in the game. But until then, he's only somewhere between medeocre and really good. He just makes too many mental mistakes to get a free pass and be called the best player on the team. I'd say Marcus Washington is the best player on the team for the moment. (I really wanted to say LaVar, but I can't because he's not been the same since his injury. :( )

He was also out for face mask tonight. Did anyone notice on the sack that he had a handful of face mask? Fortunately, the QB was leaning forward and the refs (or anyone else) weren't able to see it. At least I believe that's what I saw. Did anyone else see it, or am I imagining things?

your right Sean, not "shawn" still has a lot to learn but if you look at his preperation to games this year compared to last year theres a big difference. He studies film a lot more and is more vocal in meetings and on the field. He still makes those mental mistakes but hes only gonna get better....very scary for the rest of the NFL :D

He had a hit on Bruce too, after they kept talking trash, few plays later Taylor leveled him out.

I was laughing when that happened! Bruce got in his face and ST didnt back down! I was wishing and hoping that Bruce would go over the middle or get stood up and ST would clock him. and it happened!

Archived