1. Theisman vs. Brunell

2. Jacoby vs. Jansen

3. Lachey vs. Samuels

4. Rabach vs. Bostic

5. Grimm vs. Dockery

6. Monk vs. Moss

7. Patten vs. Clark

8. Mosely vs. Hall

9. Warren vs. Royal - I have to think hard about this one???

10. Manley vs. Griffen

11. Mann vs. Wynn

12. Coleman vs. Arrington

13. Green vs. Springs

14. Edwards vs. Taylor

15. Riggins/Byner vs. Portis

What do you guys think???

I'll take every one of the old school guys EXCEPT: Moss vs. Monk - jury is still out and Taylor vs. Edwards - I'll take Taylor. Of course, this isn't so hard considering the old school guys won a couple of Super Bowls.

are u high? Monk was one of the greatest recievers, caught a pass in every game

Moss can go games without hearing his name. COME ON MAN, Stop overrating guys because they make money

Well, I think from a talent standpoint we're better than we were 20 years ago.

Brunell and Theismann are very similar and about a push.

Portis is more talented than any RB we've had here.

WRs were better back then relative to the other WRs in the league.

OL was better, but from a talent standpoint, not by a whole lot.

DL was better (although it's not fair comparing DE Manley to DT Griffin).

The point is, we were greater than the sum of our parts in the 1980s, we're not to that point in 2005.

are u high? Monk was one of the greatest recievers, caught a pass in every game

Moss can go games without hearing his name.

I think Moss has potential to be one of the greatest receivers in this league for a long long time. Of course I don't think he is better yet, but he has that potential, that's all I'm saying. Personally, I haven't seen Moss disappear from a lot of games this year - he has definitely caught a pass in every game. If he hasn't been as productive in the last few weeks, it's because teams have been all over him because there are no other legit receivers on this team right now (come on Jacobs - keep stepping it up). Don't tell me Art Monk was the only legit receiver on the Redskins during their heyday.

COME ON MAN, Stop overrating guys because they make money

Huh? Who said anything about rating people based on money besides you?

So who is better? Today or the past?

1. Theisman vs. Brunell

2. Jacoby vs. Jansen

3. Lachey vs. Samuels

4. Rabach vs. Bostic

5. Grimm vs. Dockery

6. Monk vs. Moss

7. Patten vs. Clark

8. Mosely vs. Hall

9. Warren vs. Royal - I have to think hard about this one???

10. Manley vs. Griffen

11. Mann vs. Wynn

12. Coleman vs. Arrington

13. Green vs. Springs

14. Edwards vs. Taylor

15. Riggins/Byner vs. Portis

What do you guys think???

I think you've got to be joking asking this question. Except for a few exceptions, the old team would pound this one into a fine paste.

I'll take every one of the old school guys EXCEPT: Moss vs. Monk - jury is still out and Taylor vs. Edwards - I'll take Taylor. Of course, this isn't so hard considering the old school guys won a couple of Super Bowls.

You're saying that if you started a team tommorrow, you'd maybe take Moss in his prime over Monk in his??? :insane:

Based on your list, I'll take all the old school Skins except the following.

Arrington over Coleman (not even close)-really this should have been Wilbur Marshall vs. Arrington and not Coleman.

Taylor over Edwards

Portis over Riggins/Byner. Portis has already put up better single season numbers than Byner (and Byner had a much better team around him) and as for Riggins. He's got Clinton beat on TDs so as a short yardage guy go with Riggins, but overall Clinton is the much better talent and like my sig says, you put Portis behind Riggins' line it wouldn't even be up for debate.

You're saying that if you started a team tommorrow, you'd maybe take Moss in his prime over Monk in his??? :insane:

Both in their primes? That makes it even easier - I'd take Moss.

Monk's greatest season as a 'Skin was probably in 1984

Rec 106 Yds 1372 Y/R 12.9 TD 7

Moss' production this season with 5 games to go still:

Rec 63 Yds 1053 Y/R 16.7 TD 6

Monk was playing on Superbowl quality teams at the time. Moss isn't and doesn't have the "Posse" surrounding him this year nor a prime time QB.

I think Monk was one of the best receivers ever to play the game. But have you seen Santana play this year? The guy is just sick, even with our offensive struggling.... That's why I would take Moss.

Both in their primes? That makes it even easier - I'd take Moss.

Monk's greatest season as a 'Skin was probably in 1984

Rec 106 Yds 1372 Y/R 12.9 TD 7

Moss' production this season with 5 games to go still:

Rec 63 Yds 1053 Y/R 16.7 TD 6

Monk was playing on Superbowl quality teams at the time. Moss isn't and doesn't have the "Posse" surrounding him this year nor a prime time QB.

I think Monk was one of the best receivers ever to play the game. But have you seen Santana play this year? The guy is just sick, even with our offensive struggling.... That's why I would take Moss.

Moss is a beast but his numbers are inflated because Brunell only throws to him,. Monk was sharing with Gary Clark*(another hall of famer) and Ricky Sanders

Moss may play over ricky sanders , but i gueess it unfair to judge Moss. If he had a Gary Clark with him he may look better and a better QB who trust him more to catch in coverage

Based on your list, I'll take all the old school Skins except the following.

Arrington over Coleman (not even close)-really this should have been Wilbur Marshall vs. Arrington and not Coleman.

Taylor over Edwards

Portis over Riggins/Byner. Portis has already put up better single season numbers than Byner (and Byner had a much better team around him) and as for Riggins. He's got Clinton beat on TDs so as a short yardage guy go with Riggins, but overall Clinton is the much better talent and like my sig says, you put Portis behind Riggins' line it wouldn't even be up for debate.

That is the primary point of differentiation between the teams of old and new. We haven't had a truly dominating OL since Gibbs' first tenure. Randy Thomas is by far the best offensive lineman we have. Everyone else ranges from below average to slightly above average.

Samuels - average at best

Dockery - below average

Raybach - slightly above average

Thomas - very good

Jansen - average

Archived