Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your favorite breakfast?

Tommy-the-Greek

Scrapple is made with a cornmeal and flour filler.

Spam, (although I have never had it) seems more like bologna in a can.

Yeah spam is precooked. Long shelf life. Scrapple when purchased is raw, must be kept in the refrigerator and expires in a month or so.

Spam is gross in my opinion.

Is Bob Evans better than say IHOP or Denny's ?

Moons over My Hammy with fries. Mmmm.

Bacon and cheese omelette with the side of pancakes.

I really like the Banana Pancakes at The Original Pancake House.

bob evans is light years ahead of denny's. i've eaten at ihop only once...i like bob evans better.

pot roast hash, with a side of biscuits and gravy. :drool:

Cracker Barrel has breakfast ? Who knew.

Someone told me they have like a 'General Store' is that true ? Seems odd for a restaurant.

I have been to Waffle House a few times, late night, but it really is out of convenience more than anything.

Well partially true. Scrapple is the scraps from the leftover of butchering a hog mixed into cornmeal and flour based loaf.

I grew up on scrapple. My grandparents had a farm.

I have seen some diners that served scrapple that was less than appetizing. But they don't know what they are doing.

Yeah, I worked in the meat dept of a grocery store all through high school and I used to show people the ingredients in scrapple and souse meat to get their reaction.

We sold just about anything you can think of, including chicken feet.

bob evans is light years ahead of denny's. i've eaten at ihop only once...i like bob evans better.

pot roast hash, with a side of biscuits and gravy. :drool:

There is one not to far from here. I might give it a try sometimes.

White gravy is odd to me. But down here, I am know it is popular.

I went to a place called Biscuitville a few months back...not as good as I was hoping for. The biscuits were good. The rest sucked.

Yeah, I worked in the meat dept of a grocery store all through high school and I used to show people the ingredients in scrapple and souse meat to get their reaction.

What is souse meat ? Never even heard of that.

They sell chicken feet, pigs feet, cow tongue and all kinds of stuff in grocery stores down here.

Yeah my grandparents/great grandparents grew up as farmers (i did not). When I tell you they eat EVERYTHING, I mean it. Nothing goes to waste. Not even the eyeballs.

Eating chitterlings aka chitlins is just wrong....

They sell chicken feet, pigs feet, cow tongue and all kinds of stuff in grocery stores down here.

It's also called head cheese. its somehow prepared from the hogs head. it's a jellyish loaf of pork suprise.

Prepared scrapple - delicious.

Souse - i couldn't stomach it.

Blueberry pancakes :puke:

A real mans breakfast....

Fried eggs, bacon, sausage, and for those with a real understanding of breakfast...scrapple :D

Scrapple is the sh*t. Best breakfast meat ever.

Yeah Bob Evans is much better than those...but I still think the Cracker Barrel beats them all.

Take it from someone who worked at a Bob Evan's about 4 years ago......IHOP, Denny's, ANYTHING is better than Bob Evan's.

Worked there for like 2 months and i've never eaten there since.

Cracker Barrel has breakfast ? Who knew.

Someone told me they have like a 'General Store' is that true ? Seems odd for a restaurant.

I have been to Waffle House a few times, late night, but it really is out of convenience more than anything.

Yeah Cracker Barrel's have small gift shop "general stores" at the entrances...selling all sorts of crap. Great pancakes though. :applause:

Souse:puke:Cubes of nasty stuff mixed up with curly cue things and suspended in clear jellow. At least scrapple a uniform color and consistency.(albeit grey)

Souse and chitterlings. When I lived in Tappahannock Va I bagged groceries in high school. When ever we saw a person with a frozen tub of chitterlings coming we used to do paper, rock, sizzors to see who was going to bag them. If I lost I used to put Plastic bags over my hands just to pick the bucket up and put it in the bag. If you didn't your hands would smell like you wiped your butt without TP and didn't wash. My teeth are sweating just thinking about it. Oh, they're awful.

Archived