Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

i still wouldnt wanna play the skins

moondog

im not saying i havent been down on the skins and upset at the coaching/playcalling/close games and everything else under the sun and i realize we just focus on the bad because thats obviously what we need to change but come on.....

if i were any good team in the playoff hunt the skins would be one of the last teams i would want to play

if i was the qb id figure basically shawn springs side of the field is gonna be completely closed down and id only have half the field to work with and that if i throw the ball anywhere near #21 my receiver is gonna give me hell when i get back in the huddle

if im the running back i gotta get past salave'a griffin arrington marshall and washington just to get to taylor and clark (who by the way are just as good combined hitters as the eagles dawkins and lewis)

receiver.....might as well take the play off if springs is on me...and if that **** qb throws me the ball anywhere near taylor im gonna rip his head off

who wants to guard santana moss??????

anybody wanna tackle mike sellers?

chris cooley MIGHT be a bit of a mismatch for linebackers because hes fast and corners cuz hes big (MIGHT = sarcasm)

THIS COULD GO ON AND ON AND ON but my point is i know it sux and im hating every bit of the last 8 games and even the nail biters in the first three took 8 years off my life cuz of heart problems but i think we are slowly becoming a good team that will soon be dominant...close or not it takes a good talented team to beat:

1) THE SEATLE SEAHAWKS

2) THE DALLAS COWBOYS (i know im about to go shoot myself for sayin that one)

3) THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (mcnabb played like last year in that game)

4) THE CHICAGO BEARS

not to mention we should have/or could have won against the bucs chargers chiefs and denver we lost out this year but i feel confident with a few offseason changes on our d-line and a new receiver and with rogers at corner and hopefully campbell at qb we'll be right there

look at all the close games we've won or even lost with division leading teams this year or teams that are gonna make the playoffs...WE WERE RIGHT THERE AND SCARED THE PISS OUTTA ALL OF THEM

am i alone?:logo:

the chargers fan that was sitting next to me at today's game said he couldnt wait for the last few minutes of the game so he could see joe gibbs lay down and give the chargers the easy win.

i wouldn't be scared to play us, id be excited to get a team that shuts down with a 1 point lead. he'll if I were an opposing team, i'd be excited to be down in the 4th quarter, knowing what is obviously coming.

No team Is afraid of us now. They know now that all they have to do Is be down by 7 or less with 2:00 mins left In the 4th quarter and they know our Skins will choke away a sure win. We saw this with the Bucs, Raiders, and today. This team is flawed so yeah , If I was the Rams , Arizona and everyone else in our division I would love to play us now. Sad but true.

THIS COULD GO ON AND ON AND ON but my point is i know it sux and im hating every bit of the last 8 games and even the nail biters in the first three took 8 years off my life cuz of heart problems.....

......am i alone?:logo:

LMAO. Heart problems at age 16. If anything could bring that, these heart-breaking nail-biting games would!!

You are not alone. I have great hope and faith in this team to be great. It just might not be this year we get the prize, but we are soooo almost there.

Great post.

LMAO. Heart problems at age 16. If anything could bring that, these heart-breaking nail-biting games would!!

You are not alone. I have great hope and faith in this team to be great. It just might not be this year we get the prize, but we are soooo almost there.

Great post.

thanx man and i was just being A LITTLE BIT exaggerated about the heart problems...but as for the rest of you man you guys are great fans..."we suck, we're horrible, we cant beat anyone, we havent done anything all year"

man you guys are pretty sad i live in freakin ohio and take crap from everyone everyday about how the skins have been playin and from my own bball teammates and coaches...i cant believe that you guys have less pride and hope for this team than i do...its hard to keep a head up and be positive about a team like this sometimes but man we still have a chance to beat up on the giants eagles and cowboys and ya'll are ready to pack things up and give up on them...we're making huge strides and although i dont see us gettin to the playoffs next year we'll be that much better next year i just dont get you guys:logo:

dude i feel your pain,i have to deal with eagle fans everyday,but if what weve been seeing is joe gibbss philosiphy i wouldnt mind playing us,ya cant play conservative ball in the nfl with your season on the line against the chargers with a 10 point lead,joe cost us a trip to the playoffs with his conservative playcalling,and im not certain even if we have better personell around us next season hed change it up,im not pessimistic just realistic,cheers

again thanx and i agree completely this "conservat-ISM" which i believe in gibbs mind it can be considered an "ism" is killing us but i think you get rid of that we are winnin the division....we havent lost a game by more than a touchdown except for one game this year

thanx man and i was just being A LITTLE BIT exaggerated about the heart problems...but as for the rest of you man you guys are great fans..."we suck, we're horrible, we cant beat anyone, we havent done anything all year"

man you guys are pretty sad i live in freakin ohio and take crap from everyone everyday about how the skins have been playin and from my own bball teammates and coaches...i cant believe that you guys have less pride and hope for this team than i do...its hard to keep a head up and be positive about a team like this sometimes but man we still have a chance to beat up on the giants eagles and cowboys and ya'll are ready to pack things up and give up on them...we're making huge strides and although i dont see us gettin to the playoffs next year we'll be that much better next year i just dont get you guys:logo:

lol. Yeah I know, it gets even more depressing after a loss reading such comments. Just like a parent continuing to tell their child "you're so bad", it does sink in and eventually they will believe it. But a lot of posts are intelligent, thought-provoking posts including genuine emotion and knee-jerk reaction emotion after another heartbreaking loss of the team you love so dearly. I think every single possibility has been dissected in detail on this board of how things happened, why they happened, what things might happen, and what we could do to be a better team.

I lived in Georgia for 8 years and when you don't even get 3/4 of the games down there, it is easier to not get so wrapped up in the "Our skins MUST win NOW" thrill as when you live in the heart of the DC area, so close to your burgundy and gold blazing brothers and Gibbs the man, himself.

But I have to say that although the Skins have broken my heart more than any single person (or group of people) has in my life, they are my team, my blood, my favorite excitement/pastime/love, and nothing matches the thrill in my veins when the Redskins rush through it as I get to watch them on the screen, and this year, 2 times in person, no matter how they play. I will be die-hard Redskin fan until I die. And like I try to carry out with my family and those that I love--I may get angry and hurl negative comments once in awhile, but I try not to slander, curse or berate those that I love.....but oftentimes we get so angry only at the ones we love the most. :helmet:

ya but its the only thing they got on a 6'6" 200lb kid but the kid that likes to talk i just ask him how his michigan team did against ohio state this year

haha but im tired of people on here givin me crap cuz im sixteen man its like they think i cant be a good redskins fan cuz im too young :rolleyes::D :logo:

ya but its the only thing they got on a 6'6" 200lb kid but the kid that likes to talk i just ask him how his michigan team did against ohio state this year

haha but im tired of people on here givin me crap cuz im sixteen man its like they think i cant be a good redskins fan cuz im too young :rolleyes::D :logo:

I would have guessed that is how few games you had over there. Totally sucks-I feel for ya, about that, and the knocks on your age. I apologize on behalf of us grumpy old farts. ;) Now that I'm 32, I see what it feels like to "wish you were 16 again". So maybe take it as a left-handed compliment? :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

You know all along we've had a good defense. Especially when Sean Taylor went out for a game or two, that forced us to repair the secondary. It took the bucs and chargers fix it, but it sure is scary now to the opposing teams.

Archived