Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quote: "Our guys for their guts out"

RWJ

First of all, I haven't been able to watch the game the last couple of weeks. This team causes my blood pressure to go sky high. When some of you younger fans get older and if we are going through the same type of season you will understand. You may laugh, but that's ok. I can remember a neighbor who used to have to cut his grass every week or piddle in the yard when the Skins played. He suffered a heat attack and could no longer watch the Skins play and that was in the 1st Gibby years. I was much younger and used to think of how crazy that was. These days, I totally understand.

Gibbs states every week that "Our guys played their guts out". Spurrier used to say "We'll come out next week and pitch the ball around and see what we can do" or something to that effect. Bottom line: Both are not getting it done. The conservative play calling that I have been reading about on ES with the post if something that should only happen when the OF can move the chains and we have a big enough lead to run out the clock. It seems as though we are starting this to early nearing the end of the game and most importantly, our DF isn't able to hold the opposing teams OF.

I would rather that we had a HC that would slam helmets in the locker room, got up in the ball players face that cause a penalty or didn't make a play and grab his facemask and chew his butt out in front of the players and coaches and yell a bit at the media. Players need to be held accountable. That's what I would like to see as a start. I think a coach should instill in their players that even with a 42-0 lead the game is still close and you play the game as hard on the 1st play as you do the last.

Lastly, Gibbs was a different coach, I believe his first time around. He is not able to put in the hours or sacrifice the time he did this time around. Being a younger coach has to make a difference and I think it has with Gibbs. He didn't have to worry about the salary cap issues first time around like he does now.

I have and always will root for this team, but it sure would be nice to see us turn things around rather than watch other NFC East teams playing in the playoff besides the Skins. Also, as far as Snyder is concerned, he has learned since buying the team. He provides the money to put a winner on the field. He was able to bring Gibbs back to Washington and Gibbs, I believe has total control. We haven't heared Snyder name mentioned in to much involvement with the team in 3 or 4 yrs. Something has to give.

Ah guys, Coach Gibbs IS RIGHT!

He didn't say it after the game at NY(rightfully so there) but every other game he's said it and HE'S RIGHT!

We're not losing these games b/c of a lack of effort folks! Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes are what's costing us, but not b/c we're lacking in effort.

HTTR!!

That's just what Gibbs says in the press conference. He doesn't hang our players out to dry, even if they deserve it.

Gibbs is one of the most demanding coaches in the NFL, so I wouldn't worry about him getting on the team's ass behind the scenes. Same with GW and Bugel.

He needs to step it up himself with the playcalling though. I was waiting the whole second half for a play-action on first down. Never saw it...

Listening to a Gibbs press conference is like watching a movie over and over again... you already know what is going to happen.

"our players fought their guts out"

"it's all of us, starting with me"

blah, blah, blah

I wish they wouldn't even interview him anymore

Gibbs is WAY too conservative with a lead. He's so damn scared of losing he starts trying to run the clock out any time the skins get a three point lead. In the end, the team always loses. Gibbs needs to get some balls, try to put up some points and put a team away.

Listening to a Gibbs press conference is like watching a movie over and over again... you already know what is going to happen.

"our players fought their guts out"

"it's all of us, starting with me"

blah, blah, blah

I wish they wouldn't even interview him anymore

And don't forget...

"This is a test...we'll have to see how we respond"

"This is one of the toughest losses since I've been around here"

"These are the toughest 2 losses since I've been around here"

"These are the toughest 3 losses since I've been around here"

"We would have liked to get some 1st downs there at the end of the game"

Archived