Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reggie Wayne a Redskin next year?

wilbur58z

I'd LOVE to sign Wayne. Him, Portis, and Moss? The 01 Canes were the best team ever, we need some of that magic. :)

The Colts won't sign Wayne. It's a given. They have to worry about resigning Dwight Freeney and Edgerrin James, you know a couple guys that are in the running for Defensive Player of the Year and MVP? Not to mention they've already given a ton of $ to Manning and Harrison.

It WONT happen .. like i said above, harrison is near his end ,,,, wayne has been in the league 5 years .... the colts would be TOTAL IDIOTS to let wayne go, if they did they wouldnt have anyone else, esp after harrision leaves.

Put the pipes down now ... i would be VERY shocked if they let him go!

you misunderstand the point. the colts have locked up plenty of money in manning, harrison, (maybe even stokley), and they still have freeney to go. you honestly think they'll have the cap space to resign on their players? most people would take freeney over wayne. unless your hinting that the colts are going to keep wayne is leave freeney.

in that case, i'd settle for freeney as well.

Wayne is a talented guy and will make some team happy as a good #1 WR. However, we are not that team. In my opinion it would be a mistake to sign him for the following reasons:

1. We have our #1 WR and we really need a #2. Either Patten, Jacobs or an additional free agent can duke it out for the #3 spot.

2. Wayne's asking price will be steep. He is looking for #1 money.

3. If we signed him then we might do it at theh detriment of signing a DE.

4. There are plenty of potential #2 WRs available. I have stated previously that I would take a look at Jurevicious, Koren Robinson, Andre Davis, Randy Hymes and Antonio Bryant (depending on maturity). I saw a story on Robinson and he seemed to hit rock bottom and realize & accept that he had a problem with alcohol. He was really humbled and I believe is a great story. He could be a perfect fit.

I'm no capologist, but I don't buy the argument of many here that you can only address one position problem per year.

Is it really Either/Or? WR or DL?

Everybody wants the big money guy and you can only bring one big money guy in every year (most causes not even with that type of frequency). People want a big money DE or WR, when both could be had for reasonable prices. Remember, this team needs a pass rusher, not an every down end or tackle and this team needs #2 WR, not a #1. Both problems can be addressed this off-season, but they won't sell as many jerseys then if they just got the big money guy.

I think Reggie would be an idiot to leave the Colts unless someone offers him big money.

Why would he leave Peyton Manning to come here and catch balls from Brunell and whomever our future starter might be?

He'll probably take less money to stay in Indy, put up pro-bowl numbers in one of the best passing games in the league, and then after 3 seasons he'll hit pay-dirt. He's still very young.

I don't see him leaving Indy unless someone offers him a huge contract, which won't be us. :2cents:

I think Reggie would be an idiot to leave the Colts unless someone offers him big money.

Why would he leave Peyton Manning to come here and catch balls from Brunell and whomever our future starter might be?

He'll probably take less money to stay in Indy, put up pro-bowl numbers in one of the best passing games in the league, and then after 3 seasons he'll hit pay-dirt. He's still very young.

I don't see him leaving Indy unless someone offers him a huge contract, which won't be us. :2cents:

Some team is going to be willing to pay Wayne, currently a #2 WR, #1 WR money. Peerless Price is living testimony of this occurrence.

Some team is going to be willing to pay Wayne, currently a #2 WR, #1 WR money. Peerless Price is living testimony of this occurrence.
Good point, teams seem to pay up for #2 wides. I think the Jets gave up a second rounder to land Mccariens from the Titans.

I don't think we're gonna be able to make a play for Reggie, we have other needs and can look for a cheaper option at Wide.

I truly think he will highly consider coming here. First of all, Gibbs loves to build a community with te players( drafting two auburn players, and having all of htese miami players), So gibbs will want to get another miami player. Also, Wayne will want to come play with moss, portis and taylor because they are from the U. And hwo says Wayne HAS to be a number 1 revievre, he and moss can be a great Combo

I truly think he will highly consider coming here. First of all, Gibbs loves to build a community with te players( drafting two auburn players, and having all of htese miami players), So gibbs will want to get another miami player. Also, Wayne will want to come play with moss, portis and taylor because they are from the U. And hwo says Wayne HAS to be a number 1 revievre, he and moss can be a great Combo

I can't be the only one who is completely sick of this "The U" stuff. Yes, Miami has produced a lot of great football players. Well, so has Texas, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, and even places like Marshall. They don't treat their college like some sort of weird cult.

Pretty soon, Miami players are going to start giving each other titles like "Thetan."

Archived