Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

As long as we still have a shot at an 8-8 record...

FunBunch7

Until we have lost our 9th game, it would be rediculous to throw in the towel and put Jason Campbell in. When you have had 3 consecutive losing seasons like we have, it is very important to get to the 8 win plateau.

Oh and in case you don't remember...in 1996 mark Brunell was the quarterback of the 3-7 Jaguars, who ran off 8 straight wins and came up a final drive short of the Super Bowl!

They were 3-7 people!!!!!!!!!!

Until we have lost our 9th game, it would be rediculous to throw in the towel and put Jason Campbell in. When you have had 3 consecutive losing seasons like we have, it is very important to get to the 8 win plateau.

Oh and in case you don't remember...in 1996 mark Brunell was the quarterback of the 3-7 Jaguars, who ran off 8 straight wins and came up a final drive short of the Super Bowl!

Mark is the man...

Let's see if there is any way I can say what I feel w/o coming across as a callous uninformed jerk.

If we lose the next game or two. Bench Mr. Brunell. Keep Campbell on the bench as well so he's not demoralized, hurt or killed by our sometimes swiss cheese OL. Put in Ramsey. He won't be here next year. Let him try to earn a good spot elsewhere. We are not playing for draft position......so let's have some fun for the rest of the season and try a few things for next year b/c we are done this year after 2 losses.

Ramp up the learning curve of Mr. Campbell in practice and reps after those 2 losses. Gibbs saw something - let's see if it is real. Campbell needs to be ready next season. Ramsey is gone and Brunell is a very solid backup. Brunell has shown he's solid. However as the season drags on he's getting tired. We don't see the passes, the scrambling or the whole package.

When this season officially precludes the Redskins in the playoffs - time to think about the future.....we are embarking on year 3 of 5 for Gibbs. Time is a tickin'.

This isnt 1996, He is 9 yrs older now and not gettin younger. Not trying to bash him but he isnt going to get better, hes going to get worse with age. It happens.

This isnt 1996, He is 9 yrs older now and not gettin younger. Not trying to bash him but he isnt going to get better, hes going to get worse with age. It happens.

no he's gotten wiser, and he has a better team & coach around him

but hey lets be quitters, like many on this board

Never said i was quitting nor am i giving up but it is the truth. He is 9 yrs older now and isnt getting younger. Brunell isnt the only one neither. Favre isnt doing too hot this yr nor is Culpepper to name another. Fact is you start to lose some late in the season when you get older and it seems to be showing. Overthrown balls, Incompletions, and fumbles seem to be the norm lately. Not saying throw him away but come next season it might be time to consider a younger more mobile ball control non fumbling quarterback. And as far as a better team around him that has yet to be proven, especially when you lose like you have the last 2 weeks. Not a very impressive team to me, but they are our skins and i support em like it or not.

why not abstain from self-flagellation about the distant future and concentrate on winning a tough football game on Sunday :)

we don't know what is going to happen 2 years from now. we don't know if Jason Campbell is going to lead this team to a Super Bowl 3-4 years down the pike.

what we do know is the Redskins at 5-5 are on the ropes and a home loss here is a prelude to getting ready for the offseason.

8 wins would be a great season for this team!

In year one of Gibbs' return he improved 1 game, from 5-11 to 6-10 plus we had alot of close losses.

In season 2, a 2 game improvement would be another real nice jump. If we got to 9-7 I would be jiggley all over.

But what escapes many on this board is this statement...

In Chris Berman's voice..."That's why they play the games..."

Oh, and 3 weeks ago, the Vikings were 2-5 and the laughing stock of the NFL...Funny how on the Vikings board they are talking playoffs at 5-5 and many here think our team is pathetic.

I'm starting to get aggravated...

I did not know that!!!!! Let's go Brunell.. This may very well be your last year, so GO OUT WITH A BANG.

I think this is a valid point too. Unless Gibbs is planning on going into 2006 with Campbell as the starter, there's really no need to play Campbell until we're eliminated from contention.

Also, as dumb as it sounds, I think it is important for this team to "improve" over last year. I realize that we're a better team, but if we drop this game and then give Campbell the reins for the next 5, we could very easily end the season with 5 or 6 wins and have nothing tangible to look at as improvement.

Anyway, I think Gibbs is planning on having Brunell be the #1 next year (for as long as he can play) and having Campbell be our #2. That being the case, I don't see the urgency for getting him in.

However, if we're 5-9 or something, then by all means, let him play some games and get in there...

8-8 won't go anywhere. Screw Ramsey, put in Campbell. Campbell is "the future", put him in. I want this team to build and improve on what it has and add where needed. Plus, I want to see what Campbells got.

Although I like Ramsey, I could care less what happens with him. His value in the market is already established and playing a couple gimmie games at the end of the season won't do anything for that. Lets not count out the fact that we could still make the playoffs. I'm looking for us to go 5-1 here on.

One game at a time. anything alse is idle chatter.this team needs to focus and not think of playoffs or anything else but the team in front of them like domino's and before we know it , it will be the end of the season.this team can rally but i believe that one team at a time and played with a chip on the shoulder like they bad mouthed your momma would do wonders for this team.time to get angry and stay angry. somebody's trying to steal our dreams, let's go smack'em in the mouth .

Let's see if there is any way I can say what I feel w/o coming across as a callous uninformed jerk.

If we lose the next game or two. Bench Mr. Brunell. Keep Campbell on the bench as well so he's not demoralized, hurt or killed by our sometimes swiss cheese OL. Put in Ramsey. He won't be here next year. Let him try to earn a good spot elsewhere. We are not playing for draft position......so let's have some fun for the rest of the season and try a few things for next year b/c we are done this year after 2 losses.

Ramp up the learning curve of Mr. Campbell in practice and reps after those 2 losses. Gibbs saw something - let's see if it is real. Campbell needs to be ready next season. Ramsey is gone and Brunell is a very solid backup. Brunell has shown he's solid. However as the season drags on he's getting tired. We don't see the passes, the scrambling or the whole package.

When this season officially precludes the Redskins in the playoffs - time to think about the future.....we are embarking on year 3 of 5 for Gibbs. Time is a tickin'.

I don't think Brunell's play is waning. I believe injuries and the OL have alot to do with his performance. Patten was a BIG loss for this team because teams still have to respect his ability and speed and cannot show Moss as much attention. He may not have had the catches but he contributed to the performance of this offense TREMENDOUSLY!

Not saying throw him away but come next season it might be time to consider a younger more mobile ball control non fumbling quarterback.

People constanly mention his fumbles, as if he fumbles ALL the time. Brunell has fumbled 7 times this season so far. Drew Bledsoe has fumbled 11 times, and even Carson Palmer 5 times. So why is everyone pointing to that as if its not normal for a QB to fumble? ESPECIALLY when the O-Line gives minimal protection on a regular basis.

You are dead wrong. How the heck does 8-8 make the playoffs? Or 9-7 for that matter? Its gonna take 10-6 to make it which is why people are calling every game for the rest of the season a must win.

The two wildcards are 7-3 each.... you are telling me they go 1-5 for the rest of the season?

You are dead wrong. How the heck does 8-8 make the playoffs? Or 9-7 for that matter? Its gonna take 10-6 to make it which is why people are calling every game for the rest of the season a must win.

The two wildcards are 7-3 each.... you are telling me they go 1-5 for the rest of the season?

Yeah we'll need 10-6 and a prayer. I bet there's one or two 10-6 teams that don't get in.

the Redskins may very well end up 8-8 but they aren't going to the playoffs with that record, not in 2005.

if Brunell and Moss had been here and reproduced their 2005 effort in 2004 the Skins with the 2004 defense attached would have been a sure wildcard. Probably would have won a first round playoff game too.

By the way, I don't know what Gibbs has in mind, but there is no guarantee that Campbell is going to graduate to being the starter by the spring minicamps.

In fact we may be looking at 2007. 2006 could be a year where Brunell starts and Campbell gets to play in chunks only if Mark gets hurt.

Gibbs is not enamored of starting rookie or near rookie quarterbacks.

If you want to look for a reason to play Ramsey if the Redskins falter the next couple of weeks it is to build up his resume for when we try to deal him in the offseason. A good game or two out of him would go a long way toward greasing his way out the door.

Archived