Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why did Spurrier get blasted for pass blocking....

Samuels

I think its funny that when SS would have a Te blocking a De he would get blasted by the media and especially Skins fans. Now I see week after week JG and Buges leaving Royal to block a De and we get burnt but no complaining. If this is how we have to protect then we better find a blocking Te ASAP..

We need a replacement at LG and a blocking Te in the worst way. And somebody needs to smack Jansen and Samuels thier getting paid like big dogs they need to start playing like it..

I'm not comparing the 2 so don't get it twisted. SS got blasted whenever he left a Te on a De and he was beat. Our scheme now does the same thing and shows a need for a legit blocking Te just like back then. We have a more talented o-line now but it also shows that Jansen and Samuels are over rated because they can't passblock whether we pass every down or not thier still getting beat.

I kinda liked SS and think he could have turned us around with the proper talent level and top notch assitants. I love watching aggressive football and we seem to be playing scared and to conservative in our play calling. Sorry to get off topic.

I raised the same point in the OL overrated thread. The Bucs game in 2003 demonstrated that we can't use a TE/Hback to block Simeon Rice. I think two or three of his pressures last week came when Cooley or Royal were trying to block him. And again, he had a monster game.

Everybody is so quick to blame anybody after a loss. Jeesh people, calm down a bit. Pass blocking also has got to do with the fact that nobody is getting open (except for the last play of the game, Jansen just got beat on that one). Oline can only block for so long. And Spurrier got blasted cause he never adjusted to anything. Once teams found out you could just blitz all day on him they did, and he never did anything about it.

Archived