Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TK

There was a time when we had really good people that formed the nucleus of the community.

Every passing day, I get more disgusted with Redskin fans. We're becoming insufferable.

I have come to terms with the REdskins losing consistently.... but Redskins fans?!? blah.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. I signed up a few months before the merger but in that few months I got to know the opinions of some very educated Redskins fans. Now I consider myself lucky if I can find a well thoughtout take on recent events through the piles and piles of stupid posts.

I think there are far too many people around here who need to find some balance in their lives.

Heck, I'm as pissed as the next guy due to the way we have been losing lately. However, if the Redskins are all you got in life, then you need to take a look in the mirror.

The team isn't sending us fans a cheque any time soon for our support.

By no means am I saying to stop being a fan. What I am saying is to get a grip and re-evaluate what your priorities are in life.

I think there are far too many people around here who need to find some balance in their lives.

Heck, I'm as pissed as the next guy due to the way we have been losing lately. However, if the Redskins are all you got in life, then you need to take a look in the mirror.

The team isn't sending us fans a cheque any time soon for our support.

By no means am I saying to stop being a fan. What I am saying is to get a grip and re-evaluate what your priorities are in life.

Its not all I got, CH -- I've got a 148 point whuppin' on yo ass right now! Even with LT2 getting 38 points! :silly:

I hate to say this TK, but I told you so. When I said you should lighten up, I meant lay low, and ban people as you see fit. To advertise a temp ban is just asking for trouble from some bitter fans. I understand your point, but this isn't a very good year for true skin fans. People are venting, other people are insulting them for venting and then you get a big mess. I would let people learn the hard way as I did, and ban them, but don't advertise you want to do so. Just asking for the worst of the worst.

Take care. Buzz

Point taken TK. Just thought people were being hard on you for no reason. That's why I got in trouble before, and I learned from the mistake. Break the rules, get a ban. They all need to adhere to it, and stop the insulting and name calling, it has no place on this great website everyone has worked so hard on. Keep up the good work.

Point taken TK. Just thought people were being hard on you for no reason. That's why I got in trouble before, and I learned from the mistake. Break the rules, get a ban. They all need to adhere to it, and stop the insulting and name calling, it has no place on this great website everyone has worked so hard on. Keep up the good work.

See. You get it. It ain't that hard, now is it? :silly:

Why don't all of you who find this amusing just remove your membership from this site? You know, if you read all the bs this man has to read, you would be saying the same thing. I think he is giving everyone who has the priveledge to use this site a fair warning. So use it wisely. You never know, they may imply the 3 offense rule. 3 times, and your out for life. That would seperate the trash now wouldn't it? Take the warning and heed it so the rest of us can post without wandering who is going to trash them.

There was a time when we had really good people that formed the nucleus of the community.

Every passing day, I get more disgusted with Redskin fans. We're becoming insufferable.

I have come to terms with the REdskins losing consistently.... but Redskins fans?!? blah.

I definitely posted more when I joined, but have lately been posting less and less. Much of it is due to the amount of negative and pointless threads going around. I still consider myself new to the site, even though now I have been here longer than over 3/4ths of the members. Though we sucked last year, the negative discussion was not as prevalent and obvious as it is this year. It was still open discussion with some finger pointing about our downfalls (notably Brunell). This year, it is pretty much all finger pointing at the coaches, players, and fellow posters, which is not what I used to remember. I havent, nor ever will lose faith in this team, and as many problems which I recognize and would not mind discussing, I still put it behind me soon enough and try to move on, hoping for something good the next game.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. I signed up a few months before the merger but in that few months I got to know the opinions of some very educated Redskins fans. Now I consider myself lucky if I can find a well thoughtout take on recent events through the piles and piles of stupid posts.

To put it in a nutshell, yup. :(

I definitely posted more when I joined, but have lately been posting less and less. Much of it is due to the amount of negative and pointless threads going around. I still consider myself new to the site, even though now I have been here longer than over 3/4ths of the members. Though we sucked last year, the negative discussion was not as prevalent and obvious as it is this year. It was still open discussion with some finger pointing about our downfalls (notably Brunell). This year, it is pretty much all finger pointing at the coaches, players, and fellow posters, which is not what I used to remember. I havent, nor ever will lose faith in this team, and as many problems which I recognize and would not mind discussing, I still put it behind me soon enough and try to move on, hoping for something good the next game.

Apologies for forgetting to use the multi-quote feature, but outside of my not being able to claim an old-timers memory of this site, I often have the same feelings you describe. And I'll make my ritual disclaimer that this post isn't referring to any distaste for a little venting, or a larger helping of valid and reasonably presented critiscism as a part of someone's POV.

One of the other problems of course is how big the site is now. When you open it up to all you will get a lot of others who maybe shouldn't be posting. I was told they are handing out cards with extremeskins.com to any fan at the game the other day.

I also would say many are just sick of losing, and it is starting to show.

One of the other problems of course is how big the site is now. When you open it up to all you will get a lot of others who maybe shouldn't be posting. I was told they are handing out cards with extremeskins.com to any fan at the game the other day.

I also would say many are just sick of losing, and it is starting to show.

JB, you realise that ES has been open to all since Day 1, right? It's not like we charge a membership fee to post here, or even charge you for the access or the original content. We've handed out buisness cards way before the merger. It's in part how we've managed to grow the membership. Letting fans know we're here ain't a bad thing.

JB, you realise that ES has been open to all since Day 1, right? It's not like we charge a membership fee to post here, or even charge you for the access or the original content. We've handed out buisness cards way before the merger. It's in part how we've managed to grow the membership. Letting fans know we're here ain't a bad thing.

I know it has been open, in the past it was more word of mouth. I think the change happened when it became part of the redskins, then it opened it up to many that did not know about it before, thats all.

It reminds me of the Son of Sam Horn (forget the name but something like that) It is the popular site for the Boston Red Sox and it got so big so fast that they had to then only allow users that could make the site better in. It got to a point where there was too much. We know how bad Sox fans get especially when talking about the yankees :)

I do think in time it will change, this is new to everyone right now.

Archived