Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Karma thread: Redskins vs. Raiders

Teller

OK, the last time I posted a karma thread was prior to the 17-10 win over the Eagles. I'm pretty sure that thread was the sole reason for the win :rolleyes: . Last week, my lovely wife had some medical problems, and I wasn't able to get online to post a KT for Bucs. The result? We lost.

Need more proof gentlemen? (And ladies.) The Karma Thread this season is 1-0. The Redskins are 5-4. I kind of feel like it's my fault we're not undefeated. :(

So, here it is. Your chance to say good things -- and only good things -- about the City of Oakland, the Raiders and/or their fans. The point being of course, to swing ol' Kaptain Karma 100% in favor of our beloved Skins. I'll start:

I like the word Raider, because it sounds a little like Reindeer, and reminds me of Christmases at home when I was a kid.

I like the Raiders' fans because they make men in dresses with plastic hog noses look COMPLETELY normal.

I like the Raiders because they have cheerleaders.

I like Norv Turner because he's no longer in Washington.

I like the Raiders because they give me an outlet to release some hostility when the Cowboys aren't around.

Actually, I posted a Tampa karma thread, but I messed the title all up. So, YOUR karma threads are 1-0, which is the important thing!

Here goes:

I like Oakland because Charro is one of their cheerleaders:

041705gallery-7.jpg

I like Oakland because they run electricity through their cheerleaders to get them excited about the team:

041705gallery-8.jpg

And I like Oakland because Al Davis had the brilliant idea to make fans pay for additional cheerleader pics, because he's a :cuss: cheap bastage. I mean, such a nice guy.

Hmm...My confidence in the karma thread is shaken just a little, knowing there was one last week. That's OK though. It's just like when you're struggling to run the ball early in a game. You can't give up on it.

BTW...

I like Oakland because it's not Dallas, New York or Philadelphia.

I like Oakland because it give seismologists (sp?) something to do.

I like Oakland because I wish Randy Moss was OUR wide receiver along side Santana Moss. I want to see them as brothers working towards the common good of US.

I like Oakland because Norv Turner can lead them towards wrack and ruin instead of us.

I like Oakland because they have so much offensive talent going to freakin waste under Turner.

Sorry I think I did not do this thread correctly...but I do like the talent on Oakland, and it is sad it is so mismanaged.

Thanks for the returning thread, H. Hog (and for last week's JR)

I like the Raiders because their website has Raiders in Spanish, Raiders in German, and Raiders in Chinese. That's cool. And of course they have Raiders for kids, kind of like our Redskins Generation.

I like the Raiders because their black and silver uniforms are menacing and sharp.

Thanks for the returning thread, H. Hog (and for last week's JR)

I like the Raiders because their website has Raiders in Spanish, Raiders in German, and Raiders in Chinese. That's cool. And of course they have Raiders for kids, kind of like our Redskins Generation.

I like the Raiders because their black and silver uniforms are menacing and sharp.

No prob man. Sorry I missed last week. We just need to pin down exactly why jrock's didn't work, and make sure we don't repeat it. ;)

That would be cool to see Redskins in all those languages, especially Chinese. And you're right about their unis. They were one of the original black-jerseyed teams in sports. The rest just don't have the same effect.

I like the Raiders, because Randy Moss went to Marshall, which is about 10 minutes away from my home.

Yeah, and the police academy I went to in Institute, WV, is accredited by Marshall. So technically, he and I went to the same school. (I like Leftwich a lot better though.)

No prob man. Sorry I missed last week. We just need to pin down exactly why jrock's didn't work, and make sure we don't repeat it. ;)

That would be cool to see Redskins in all those languages, especially Chinese. And you're right about their unis. They were one of the original black-jerseyed teams in sports. The rest just don't have the same effect.

Yeah, glad you're back! (hope your wife is feeling better). Maybe it was the title of the thread, or maybe there was TOO MUCH adoration and drooling over the Tampa Cheerleaders.....paradoxical karma perhaps?!

I really do think that is cool-how you can view the Raider's website in other languages. I know the Spanish population is high, but German & Chinese..mmm....interesting!

Anyhow. We'll know after this game. :) Are you going to start the Insomnia thread, too?

Yeah, glad you're back! (hope your wife is feeling better). Maybe it was the title of the thread, or maybe there was TOO MUCH adoration and drooling over the Tampa Cheerleaders.....paradoxical karma perhaps?!

I really do think that is cool-how you can view the Raider's website in other languages. I know the Spanish population is high, but German & Chinese..mmm....interesting!

Anyhow. We'll know after this game. :) Are you going to start the Insomnia thread, too?

Thanks, and I'll pass that to her too. I'm always telling her about how great this site -- and the people on it -- are. She had a miscarriage, and minor surgery afterwards. Doing much better though. Besides, we have IMHO the most beautiful daughter in the world already, so it's all good.

As for the Fansomnia thread, if Rock isn't here by midnight or so, I'll fire it up, but that's kinda his baby.

And congrats on what has to be the first use of the phrase "paradoxical karma" in ES history. :laugh:

Thanks, and I'll pass that to her too. I'm always telling her about how great this site -- and the people on it -- are. She had a miscarriage, and minor surgery afterwards. Doing much better though. Besides, we have IMHO the most beautiful daughter in the world already, so it's all good.

As for the Fansomnia thread, if Rock isn't here by midnight or so, I'll fire it up, but that's kinda his baby.

And congrats on what has to be the first use of the phrase "paradoxical karma" in ES history. :laugh:

Oh man I am SO sorry. I know there is nothing anyone can say to make it better. But I always take solace in knowing that my mother had 2 children, then 3 miscarriages, then my brother and then me. So I feel so blessed to be alive, and I'm telling you that you guys are young. Please don't give up trying.

I'll keep you all in my prayers.

On the fansomnia note-that sounds good. Again, it looks like one of those kinds of nights.

Oh, and glad you liked my paradoxical karma wording :) It only seems fitting!

Thanks for the kind words and the prayers. We'll definitely try again. And when it's supposed to happen, it will. Thanks again.

As for Rock, maybe he's discovered Ambien, or Tylenol PM, or NyQuil or, well, beer. Because he's seemingly been sleeping through fansomnia a lot lately. I miss the kid.

Archived