Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We get CBS's #2 team for the Raiders game...

PCRoughrider

I hate CBS. Each game looks like it happened 10 years ago and it really takes away from the atmosphere of the game. The announcers are very boaring as well. I dont even tune into the CBS pregame show. It sucks compared to fox and espn.

pre-game in general is just hype. No real information.

I think Phil Simms is a real good commentator - points out a lot of things and seems to enjoy himself. I don't see many games for other commentator teams though.

Does anyone know where I can find any like coverage maps for this game?

I have to go to Hawaii tomorrow and I hope I don't have to miss this game or the Chargers game next week.

Does anyone know what games the Hawaii viewing area gets? I think because they're both California teams I might get extremely lucky and be able to watch both of them, but I'm not sure.

I hate CBS. Each game looks like it happened 10 years ago and it really takes away from the atmosphere of the game. The announcers are very boaring as well. I dont even tune into the CBS pregame show. It sucks compared to fox and espn.

I don't like CBS b/c they have virtually NO camera angles. Fox and ESPN are the best by far.

I personally cannot stand Phil Simms! This man know all and is never wrong. He babbles on and will argue with Jim Nantz when Nantz is clearly right and more astute. I love Dick Enberg and Dan Dierdorf. They are better than anything on Fox with the exception of Joe Buck and Aikman. And if you have an HDTV you will see that CBS HD is far superior in my opinion than Fox. I am glad we get CBS the next two weeks.

I have to go to Hawaii tomorrow and I hope I don't have to miss this game or the Chargers game next week.

Does anyone know what games the Hawaii viewing area gets? I think because they're both California teams I might get extremely lucky and be able to watch both of them, but I'm not sure.

http://www.gribblenation.net/personal/jp/2005maps.html

The Raiders game will be aired on CBS on Oahu...which Island are you going to? I'm not sure about the Chargers game, but there are plenty of bars that show the games. If you're going to be in the Honolulu/Waikiki area, let me know, and I'll hook you up with the info.

But this weekend you should be alright! Also, check www.zap2it.com or www.meevee.com to look at the schedules. They are both normally pretty accurate.

CBS blows serious monkey chunks! The WORST football network, second only to the Pea****! I swear, my uncle who was cool back in the 50s would think that CBS is "state of the art" and "cool beans!" Plus, that stupid fanfare they play incessantly usually has me throwing bricks at the TV by the middle of the first quarter.

Second, Dan Dierdorf proves every week why he lost his job at MNF. For a guy who spent most of his life in the game, he knows VERY little. What a gas bag!

I hate CBS!

CBS is much better than the garbage on Fox.

Phil Simms is just as good, if not better than Aikman.

Dick Enberg and Dan Dierdorf are a very good #2 team, compare them to Dick Stockton, Daryl Johnston and Tony Siragusa and it's a no-brainer.

Finally, and this has been mentioned earlier, no lame Madden wanna-bes on CBS. No Maas and no Baldinger types give CBS the clear win.

It really is amazing how FOX has had the NFL for over a decade now and they've never really had good announcers. The only really good ones have been Madden and Summerall (who were put together at CBS) and Matt Millen (who also was announcing at CBS prior to FOX's getting the NFL).

Aikman is the first and so far only "home grown" announcing talent that FOX has produced in 11 years of NFL coverage.

CBS is much better than the garbage on Fox.

>> Newp. Sorry. Gotta disagree with ya there. The only area where I give CBS props at, is they give you more information as directly related to individual stats (which helps me see, based upon fantasy football stuffs)

Phil Simms is just as good, if not better than Aikman.

>> I'll give ya just as good. Better? Nah. They're about equal actually. And Aikman is actually suprisingly more pro-Redskin at this point in time, because we have Gibbs as our coach. Don't think you'll get the same level of respect from Simms.

Dick Enberg and Dan Dierdorf are a very good #2 team, compare them to Dick Stockton, Daryl Johnston and Tony Siragusa and it's a no-brainer.

>> Disagree completely. With Enberg's virtual orgasmic "Ohhhh myyyyy Elwayyyy!!!" to "Marble Mouth" Dierdorf ... you can't really compare these quacks to Moose and Goose. Stockton, I think is no longer with Fox ... so I think they've permanently replaced him with Kenny Albert, who is MUCH MUCH better than his dad is, on Westwood One (yet another CBS affiliate).

Finally, and this has been mentioned earlier, no lame Madden wanna-bes on CBS. No Maas and no Baldinger types give CBS the clear win.

>> Okie ... you can take Kevin "Every game is a virtual Super Bowl" Harlan and all the rest of the schmucks at Can't-Buya-Superbowlbroadcast, I'll take Baldinger who at least sounds more intelligent than Shannon Sharpe and Boomer on the pre-game shows.

It really is amazing how FOX has had the NFL for over a decade now and they've never really had good announcers. The only really good ones have been Madden and Summerall (who were put together at CBS) and Matt Millen (who also was announcing at CBS prior to FOX's getting the NFL).

>> Matt Millen was also a Fox guy before he went and took the Detroit job. FYI. :)

Aikman is the first and so far only "home grown" announcing talent that FOX has produced in 11 years of NFL coverage.

Disagree. Moose and Goose are pretty damned good. As I said, I'll take those two over Enberg and Dierdorf any day.

Also, Fox's NFL Pre-game and postgame shows are definitely much better. You can't go wrong at all with Frank Caliendo doing just about any impression of just about anybody and everybody, including the Fox pre-game crew (JB, Bradshaw, Howie, and JJ). That crap is riotous!

Lastly, the thing that annoys me about CBS is the spinning helmets-on-a-top. They can seriously do without that. And someone mentioned something about their fanfare being played constantly that it makes them want to throw bricks at their TV? I agree with that too. Compared and contrast that with Fox, and Fox wins that one.

Fox wins with me. They've done a much better job with the NFC since taking over the NFC from CBS. NBC used to be halfway decent. CBS just gets viewers by default because of the fact that they have the AFC. I betcha if you split the AFC between CBS and NBC, and allowed both networks to televise the same game ... NBC would beat them hands-down. Heck ... let them do that with a pre-season game. Just to prove me right. :cool:

:logo:

Archived