Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your best Redskin win memory

dcoles11

Before I post mine, lets not put any of the Super Bowls or playoff wins cause thats too easy.

Just to give you some ideas or maybe jog your memory. Games that you didn't think we had a chance in hell to win before the game started, games you didn't think we'd win but made a great comeback, ect...

With my age I really didn't get to enjoy the glory years like alot of you guys did. To the best of my knowledge the Redskin glory days were from 1982-1992. I was 6 when I started watching games in 87, they won the super bowl that year of cource. At 6 you really don't appreciate it that much, but I was in the 5th grade when they won it in 91-92 season and that one was very sweet. We all know what its been like since 92 though, lots of losing.

Since I don't wanna go the easy route and name Super Bowl or playoff wins and the past decade wins have been hard to come by i'm going to have to go with a win over the Giants in 1991.

Until that point I had never seen the Redskins beat the Giants, hell I didn't think they could, I had nightmares about the Giants. I didn't see either of the Redskin Giants games in 87 when they won the Super Bowl, I guess I got a late jump on the season.

I had seen 6 Redskins vs Giants game and seen the Giants win all 6. The Redskins going into this game were 7-0, the Giants 4-3. It was on ESPN's Sunday Night Football. The Redskins won the game 17-13 and I knew at that point we were going to win the Super Bowl.

The Monday Night Game this year vs Dallas is a very close 2nd.

Yes thats a gimme,if not a super bowl than its obvious it was the monday nighter vs cowboys,that game had so many implications,not beating the boys in a while,coming back in 3 minutes,playing poorly the whole game,in fact...i was called by a neighbor asking if i was ok and not being stabbed, because i was screaming so loud outside and screaming "woooohooo",so it was the most passionate win i can remember in a very long time.

Well, my history with this team is also relatively new. I can remember most of our games from 92 on, sadly enough. But aside from that Dallas game earlier this year, the only one that sticks out in my mind as being a big emotional win was the Monday night win at St. Louis in 2000. It's one of my favorite games to watch on tape. The Rams were coming off their super bowl victory and favorites to dominate us. It seemed like that was the game when all those old players we brought in (Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Mark Carrier, Jeff George) all came to play that night.

one of my favorite Redskin victory came back during the 1999 season when we went 10-6 under Norv Turner. It was that Sunday night game at San Francisco where the two offenses duked it out and our defense was just pathetic that whole year. that game was memorable because it was the game that finally clinched the division for us. going into overtime i just didnt know what to expect cause after all, its the skins, but finally i remember brad johnson's 32 yard pass to Larry Centers in overtime...and that eternal sign that shall remain in me for so long ...."washington redskins, 1999 NFC East champions" which read on the tv screen. i dont consciously remember the glory years under gibb's first reign in D.C. but man after all of those years of failed seasons it was that one game against the niners that finally made it all worth it. i'm definately hoping for more similar memories this season... :logo:

I am regrettably not old enough to remember the MNF game in 1985 when "The Hit" took place. Does anyone have a video link? I know it sounds sick, but I have never seen it.

Its pretty horrible, VH1 was doing one of those "I love the 80s" shows about a week ago or so and that play was on it. They showed it like 10 times in a row.

And i will go an alternate route to this thread also,my best redskin memory (that resulted in a loss doh), which was the first NFL game i attended, was the playoffs in the late 80's

vs the 49ers.To begin the game me and my father showed up early(father a 9'er fan),i sat on the tailgate looking around hopefully for redskins fans with binoculars,i found only one with redskin apparel besides me and it had the logo and everything,but in large bold print was the word "#$%^ the redskins" on the front.Well that had me timid from the get go,i was fearful of going into candlestick park with such vehement fans(ya sure 49'ers fans dont seem tough,but when your outnumbered 60k to 1 your lil scared as a young shy kid).Game time arrives,and we are sitting above the tunnel of the skins locker room,the third player out is none other than darrel green raising his arms up an pumping up the very rare skins fans,immediatly i sprang up shouting and cheering ,which was met with popcorn being tossed at me and boo's.During the game the popcorn incidents continued and i had beer spilled on me,while the ol 9'er mascot guy with the banjo and weird superhero outfit played up an down our section, while a 9'er fan who was drunk outta his mind next to me, kept slurring every 10 mins "Sooo...you from DC?"(am not,which he didnt understand).Anyhow,it is the most vivid memory in my life that i will never forget,and even though we lost i have never been more proud,and even though they won the game,the 9'er fans were coming up to the car pushing it and jeering me as my father drove me out of the lot,sheesh im sure glad it wasnt a philly game.Sorry to be off topic,but i think a greatest memory of a skins game deserves to be here as well as a winning game...

One of my favorite moments was enjoying the "seat cushion" game.

"January 4, 1992 - in pouring rain the Redskins beat the Atlanta Falcons 24-7 in the Divisional round of the playoffs. As time winds down in the fourth quarter the fans shower the field with the free yellow seat cushions given to them when they entered the stadium."

Plus, who knew a young Brett Favre got onto the field that day in garbage time?

The win over Dallas this year on MNF had me jumping up and down until at least 3 AM, then being able to see the look on many a Cowboy fans faces was the cherry on top. 13-0 with about 4 minutes left, then BAM! Brunell to Moss on 4th down, 13-7. Then BAM! Brunell to Moss again, 14-13. Then BAM! Patrick Crayton gets plastered by Sean Taylor. What a great comeback and especially since it was against Dallas. :helmet: :dallasuck

Two games stick out:

1991 Redskins over the Giants 17-13. We were down 13-0 at the half and came back and won the game. This was truly one of the stepping stone games that enabled the team to eventually emerge as world champs that season.

1992 Redskins over Cowboys 20-17. The Cowboys were emerging as a dynasty and the skins were headed in the opposite direction. However, we still had enough guts and moxy to pull out this win over the eventual superbowl champs.

Archived