Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I found this to be an interesting rumor

Dirk Diggler

How does CG being out negatively effect Harris's ability to tackle on a freaking screen pass?

It doesn't, but the added time opposing QBs get when Griff is not playing puts a lot more pressure on our secondary. How does Harris' missing tackles in recent games make Gibbs a bad GM?

We need to get back to point here. When Harris was brought up (by Destino, if I remember correctly), it was associated as a bad move, as we know all former Bears are bad. :rolleyes: Well, we keep talking about the last three games, but what about the first 6? If he was so awful, why haven't we been talking about benching him all season?

That's because he's not.

BTW, one thing I noticed in the Tampa game is that his tackling in run support was much better than the Eagles game.

Jason

It doesn't, but the added time opposing QBs get when Griff is not playing puts a lot more pressure on our secondary. How does Harris' missing tackles in recent games make Gibbs a bad GM?

Because Gibbs, the GM, has put together a cornerback corps with an agining Springs, a too young Rogers, a never very good Harris, and me in a pinch.

It's actually pretty incredible when you think about how thin we are at multiple positions on defense. Our line is not very good to start with and there is no depth at all there. Our linebackers go about four deep, which is acceptable. We only have four corners at all and two of them are terrifying. We have pretty good depth at safety.

Yet, we have a ton of depth at quarterback and running back. It's an oddly-designed team right now. .

Won't happen. Joe Gibbs & Ron Wolf are too established & too big to share duties with anyone. Both will have to run their own shows.

But what I love about Dan Snyder that people don't give him credit for is - everyone knows the Redskins are a legitamate player in any deal, for anyone. Everyone is willing to listen to the Redskins. That is probably the only reason these rumors float around. But it won't happen.

Because Gibbs' date=' the GM, has put together a cornerback corps with an agining Springs, a too young Rogers, a never very good Harris, and me in a pinch.[/quote']

You don't think Williams had some say in that? ;)

Our depth probably would have been a little better if Artrell Hawkins actually stayed healthy. That being said, Williams liked the play of the safties on the roster better, which is why we have 5. The fact that you can use those guys in nickel situations probably helped.

Our line is not very good to start with and there is no depth at all there.

Actually, we had pretty good depth at the start of the season. Brandon Noble going down really hurt our depth, since most of the backups don't have a whole lot of experience.

We only have four corners at all and two of them are terrifying.

None of them really scare me. Jimoh actually did well the couple of times he was pressed into service, and as said here, I still think Harris is valuable.

Yet, we have a ton of depth at quarterback and running back. It's an oddly-designed team right now. .

Look at the Jets and still tell me that about QBs. Same goes with Philly. While you may never need the depth, not having it when you need it can kill a season. Gibbs knows this.

As for running back, it looks like we need the depth again since it looks like Betts is going to be out, so Nemo gets activated again...

Jason

Won't happen. Joe Gibbs & Ron Wolf are too established & too big to share duties with anyone. Both will have to run their own shows.

Not only that, if Wolf were GM Gibbs wouldn't even be here. Wolf was and is a big Spurrier fan. He would have tried to talk the OBC out of retiring, and we wouldn't have JJG to lead us to the promised land.

Patrick (St Paul): Please take another purple question...Will Mr. Wolf take the job here in MN? Or will he run someone else?

Chris Mortensen: I've spoken to Ron about the speculation on him, there's no way he's taking a job as a general manager. My guess is the only way anybody can get his attention is if they dropped $5 million a year on him, OR a piece of the team, which the league has discouraged owners from doiing so far.

Archived