Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles Are Done

bulldog

It is really hard to imagine the Eagles without Terrell Owens, Todd Pinkston and a healthy Donovan McNabb staying with the other clubs in the NFC East race.

This team appears out of gas and for the first time in several years the bounce of the ball isn't going their way.

There are simply no playmakers left on this offense to propel this team to wins over quality opponents.

For a period last night with McNabb playing as aggressively as he has all season it appeared as if the Eagles might just have an extra rabbit to pull out of the hat and stabilize the slide.

But in the end the one point loss on yet another error by McNabb that you can hardly see him making was the icing on the cake.

You take away Owens, Pinkston, McNabb and then add in the losses of Hank Fraley and Corey Simon, and the 2005 Eagles really don't approximate the 2004 club except in the colors of the uniform.

But Bulldog, our favorite magazine Sports Illustrated just last week had the Cowboys and Eagles making the playoffs with respective 11-5 and 10-6 records. Meaning they were saying the LOSER of last night's game would finish 6-1. Even with a healthy McNabb, that was going to be a tall order for the Eagles. Time for Philadelphia to regroup and try again next year.

Last nights loss was killer. At home with a 13pt lead with less than 5 minutes left.......

That could kill them and send them in a downward spiral, or they could fight their way to respectability, cause they are out of the division race.....for now. Unfortunately, we are only a game ahead of them, which says something about how every game is important for us now.

Its not looking good for them turning their season around this week because not only are they playing New York, but it looks like they will be without McNabb.

I dunno. They lost a key defensive player in Simon. TO was a good player on the field, regardless what else he was doing. The loss of Pinkston and Mitchell is bigger than anyone would have let on. I'd say they got worse, and the rest of the division got better. And I'm still not sold on NY

Manning throwing 4 picks at home against the Vikes will do that to a person. I'm not sold on them either.

With TO likely leaving at the end of the season I do not see them having that go to wide receiver nemore. Without TO, the eagles just look like an average football team. I really do not think that they are going to dominate like they used to in the past. I really think this year was the last opportunity for the Eagles to contend for a Super Bowl. In the words of Jerry Seinfeld...That's a shame.

Archived