Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

we will not make the playoffs

dieneverfan

I don't understand why fans like you try to increase Dallas's fan base everytime they disagree. The defense fell on it's face to the tune of 5 touchdowns. Blame the turnovers all you want but our D gave up FIVE TDs and never even forced a field goal. Their job is to keep teams out of the end zone and they failed to do it every time tampa moved passed the 50.

Sad, but so true. :(

One stat tells it all.. right now we are -11 in the turnover ratio. That is near at the bottom of the league. You know gibbs said something, about 2 weeks ago that was very true, he said that "we are lucky to have a winning record based on our turnover ratio". What we need to do is get more turnovers on defense and commit less on offense. Honestly, this crap has cost us 3 games this year, take a look back at both the Denver and Kanas City games where we practically dominated them in Yards, but multiple turnovers were too difficult to overcome. Look at Cincy, they are +20 in the T.O. ratio, +20!?!?!?!? and is currently in second place in the AFC, You do the math.

bing f'n o!

this pisses me off more than anything. if we just were square on TO's we'd be at least 7-2.

it's enough to drive you nuts.:twitch:

It's only gift wrapped 14 if your defense gives up two touchdowns. The giants found themselves on the short end of two early turnovers too....how many touchdowns did their defense gives up? ZERO.

When you have a good defense turnover are not assumed to be tocuhdowns.

None the less, my point to Mr. Boobie Miles still stands - you cannot say the offense did it's job just because it scored 35 points...if it turned the ball over 3 times that lead to 14 points.

I have made no point about the defense here. Only that the offense did turn the ball over 3 times, twice in their own territory, once on their own 5 yard line. Ok call me crazy?

I don't understand why fans like you try to increase Dallas's fan base everytime they disagree. The defense fell on it's face to the tune of 5 touchdowns. Blame the turnovers all you want but our D gave up FIVE TDs and never even forced a field goal. Their job is to keep teams out of the end zone and they failed to do it every time tampa moved passed the 50.

You have spelled it out as clearly as it can be but homers are not going to read those words. All they see when they read a post like that is "I HATE THE REDSKINS AND I'M BADMOUTHING THEM">

The defense is bad and thats just a fact. the homers are gonna say the Skins have been good for the most part or they only gave up 5 big plays etc etc but the fact remains that the cowboys are in 1st place and the redskins are struggling to even make a run at the playoffs. the defense just can't seem to stop anybody.

faithless loser
this is the first time ive become critical of my team on this site and ive been called a "dallas fan" "poser" loser among other things all because im stating the obvious,our d needs to turn it around i dont think in any redskins heart that they are saying,"yeah were in the playoffs with the way the d is playing" ive been a "dienever"since 82 ive spent thousands of dollars,been in numerous fights,spent time away from my family, because im on this site not telling you what u want to hear my loyalty is questioned,i guess i learned my lesson,dont be critical or the "homers" will attack you:helmet:

i guess i learned my lesson,dont be critical or the "homers" will attack you:helmet:

based on that staement, you haven't learned anything then. lots of "homers" didn't attack you, but that remark may invite them to :laugh: .

but regarding your overall comments, lots of people think like you do. you're hardly isolated :rolleyes: . apparently there's often as much heated differences between same-team fans amongst each other on most boards as there is with those fans versus fans of opposing teams.

strong comments from any point of view will net strong reactions from other sides. put on a helmet and hunker down :D

You have spelled it out as clearly as it can be but homers are not going to read those words. All they see when they read a post like that is "I HATE THE REDSKINS AND I'M BADMOUTHING THEM">

The defense is bad and thats just a fact. the homers are gonna say the Skins have been good for the most part or they only gave up 5 big plays etc etc but the fact remains that the cowboys are in 1st place and the redskins are struggling to even make a run at the playoffs. the defense just can't seem to stop anybody.

man, sorry, but you sure come off as full of yourself. you're doing no different than the type of posting behavior you're denigrating, which is fine and ordinary, but get real. you do as much simplification, biased perspective (avoiding balance) and labeling/name-calling as those you protest. and when you rail, about how you're treated by some, you generalize that treatment to whole groups of people and then turn around and do exactly the behavior what you're slamming them for, you just do if from a different "side". "homer" :doh1: .

personally, i agree with at least one of your actual football-related points. our defense is not playing at the level they were in the first 4 games and no real fixes beyond getting Griff & Taylor back look imminent.

but one game separates us from dallas in the w/l column and you write it up in your last paragraph like it's a world of difference. that's what I mean by bias. negative is no "holier" or more "right" than positive, and if you're gonna have one, well, we know which seems to provide more of a pay-off for you. hell, i even agree dallas should be favored somewhat over us right now, DESPITE the fact the we beat them and get them again at home. but they're not in front by any big margin, it's still too early for that, objectively.

and, again, personally, I'm hoping your screen name was in homage to GW even if you're pissed at him now :rolleyes: otherwise I have to add the comment that most anyone who refers to themselves with a self-awarded honorific is...well, free to do so :laugh:

....unless gw makes some adjustments on pass rush we can all forget about having a good second half,we face some of the best pocket passers in the league,bledsoe,collins,breese,manning,to name a few and if we dont get pressure on these guys and give them time theyll pick us apart,im imressed with our o,cant take nothin from them ,thay had a lot of adversity last night and overcame it,our d didnt:helmet:

Props to you for not homering out (highly commendable in these parts)....I wouldn't count Washington out just yet, but I agree, both Dallas and The Giants look like top dogs.

I don't understand why fans like you don't just root for Dallas. Get a grip please. The reason we lost the game yesterday was because we truned the ball over. Tampa should have been in the game in the first place. We are hurting on D so we have holes. But trumpeting that we'll fail isn't going to solve things. Stop the blood cloat crying.

First of all, let's stop with the defense hurting excuse. According to Williams, all of the parts are "interchangeable" and there are 25 starters on that defense. If that is the case, then the other 14 can't do squat. God forbid we get injuries because the depth is stinking up the joint. Also, last time I checked, every team is banged up to some degree. Greg Williams was way off as far as personnel once we get past the starting 11, but it's funny how he gets the free pass while we just sit here and make stupid excuses for more boneheaded plays.

I just think that GW should stop blitzing so often and let some of the defenders drop back into coverage. Our D-line is not the greatest in the world, but if we had some solid coverage, I think the d-line would take care of itself.

We didn't blitz as much against the Giants and look what that got us.

We are no more out of the playoffs than we were out of the Dallas game. Belief sometimes can trump logic. You have to be able to keep the faith. If we don't make it, well then we don't make it. You can't always focus on the negative. Try and have a good outlook on the season. I am encouraged by the improvements I have seen this year.

diesmidseasonfan

diesrightaboutnowfan

fanonlifesupport

whatelseison?

norvturner

denverfan

Just a couple of suggestions, free of charge. :D

sorry man i understand u love the redskins and ill love them until the day i die {or until they put a star on the side of thier helmet]but i also love football,and right now i dont think our d is playing "playoff calibre" football,if u disagree fine lets hear why you disagree or are u a "homer" and im telling you something u dont want to hear , :logo:

We are no more out of the playoffs than we were out of the Dallas game. Belief sometimes can trump logic. You have to be able to keep the faith. If we don't make it, well then we don't make it. You can't always focus on the negative. Try and have a good outlook on the season. I am encouraged by the improvements I have seen this year.[/QUOT]im not focusing on the negatives or am i not encouraged,im pointing out a problem our d is having when it comes to the pass rush,im not the only one who sees it,i think if gw fixes it we are without a doubt in the playoffs and i think we go to the super bowl,i think were in the super bowl if we increase our pressure up front and force opposing qbs to move out of the pocket were in,if we rack up some sacks and rattle them were in .look at our remaining qbs,they are all pocket passers the only way we lose them games is if we give them time in the pocket ,and allow them to get comfortable,we just put up 35 points against the number 1 d,with that kind of offensive output there is no way we should of lost,our d allowed chris simms{second start in the league}to recapture the lead twice in the 4th quarter because we couldnt get to him,:helmet:

Archived