Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

we will not make the playoffs

dieneverfan

Maybe it's because there's no thought or analysis. Just knee jerk ranting. How else do you respond. Atleast if there was some analysis, it could be debated.

You mean like 99% of the positive "we'll be ok the defense is still good" posts? Don't see anyone demanding they join the cowboy faithful. The guy is pointing out the failure in the pass rush department and saying that if it isn't fixed we'll miss the playoffs....I don't see that being too far off. If this defense can't find a way to cover or pressure the passer we are screwed.

I think we still can get in because most of our remaining game are at home and I think we can beat the Cardinals on the road.

hey im with you this didnt happen in one game though,this is a pattern even when our d was healthy i didnt see no pass rush,trent green pocket passer we lost,plummer,pocket passer we lost manning etc now simms,the guy had all the time in the world yesterday he wasnt touched once,now i dont care how anyone slices it that is unacceptable and if thats what gw has in mind for the rest of the year,its going to be a challenge for me to stay positive about our d:logo:

The defense didn't lose this game. The offense did by turning the ball over.

The defense didn't lose this game. The offense did by turning the ball over.
what are you talking about did you watch the second half of the game,and ok if the o does turn the ball over isnt the job of our d to get it back,our d was kicked around like a dog in the second half while our o :helmet: played brilliantly

If you're going to make these statements, atleast have the facts right. What your seeing now is nothing like what we saw in September. You need to go back and check the opponents scores back then. What you're seeing now is a product of a banged up defense.

Yeah, a little bit, but it was also the product of crappy offenses. He's right though, we haven't been able to put pressure on any QB all year and we aren't getting turnovers. Sure, we didn't have Taylor, but he's only a safety. The Bucs didn't have their starting QB! Everybody's hurt and banged up right now. The fact is, is become much less of an abberation and much more a trend that teams are able to drive on us when they need to.

Yeah you hit it right on the head. We have lost 3 games on turnovers, period. But at the same time we are not a clutch team. We scored 35 points last night, that should be enough to win the damn game. Our offense gave us the lead twice, the damn defense couldn't stop em. Chris Simms, Chris Freakin Simms, lit us up. This is the same guy that stares down his recievers before he throws the ball. He had 5 seconds everytime he went for a pass. Our d line can't get pressure on anybody. We need to come with more biltzes and less zone, because we don't generate enough pressure up front.
amen,:helmet:

Yeah you hit it right on the head. We have lost 3 games on turnovers, period. But at the same time we are not a clutch team. We scored 35 points last night, that should be enough to win the damn game. Our offense gave us the lead twice, the damn defense couldn't stop em. Chris Simms, Chris Freakin Simms, lit us up. This is the same guy that stares down his recievers before he throws the ball. He had 5 seconds everytime he went for a pass. Our d line can't get pressure on anybody. We need to come with more biltzes and less zone, because we don't generate enough pressure up front.

thats another part of my arguement. Besides Springs we currently don't have the corners to compensate for a lack of pass rush. Daniels and Wynn are fine against the run but they are, plainly put, a liability in the pass rush. I believe teams have scouted our defense from last season and noticed that most of our pressure came from corner blitzes so now they mass protect when ever we send (Springs). This leaves either Harris or Rogers out on the #1 or 2 reciever to get "baptized" for 40 and 50 yard gains. I love GW schemes, i still think he is a great defensive mind. But we certainly need the personel to make plays. In the offseason we need to get both another corner and a DE via free agency and cut either Wynn or Daniels and cut Harris aswell. Overall, it is a team effert and right now we are not a discipline team.

Playoff caliber teams win those winnable games on the road. We've lost three road games we should have won. Yes, turnovers played a huge part in those games but the offense was still good enough to win. The defense wasn't.

Chris Simms looked like Boomer Esiason did (with the Cardinals) against us. Yes, our D is a little nicked up but we simply don't have the quality depth we need to overcome that. We've given up long runs or allowed long pass completions at inopportune times. Playoff teams don't do that. Playoff teams also don't carry a turnover ratio of -11.

We simply are not a playoff caliber team at this point. I don't know if the problems on defense are correctable, given the current personnel and injury situations, or not. What I do know is that we have to go undefeated at home, win two on the road and win the turnover battle over the last seven games to be considered playoff worthy. This team is certainly capable of it but right now they are underachieving big time.

"If you believe that I heard that there is an authentic Michael Irvin jersey on E-bay. I'm sure you'll look good in it. It's way to early to say the ship is sinking."

yea...take that!!!! You insouciant pretender! You should be more like me - cuz I'm just gee whiz great!

stay off the kool aid bro and see the big picture:helmet:

I guess you think we're going to loose all three games in a row. If you believe that I heard that there is an authentic Michael Irvin jersey on E-bay. I'm sure you'll look good in it. It's way to early to say the ship is sinking.

You have no idea what I'm thinking so why make an assumption? I think the skins have a very good chance of making the playoffs, because most of our reaming games are at home and at least one of the 4 road games is very winnable.

Everyone keeps blaming our O for the loss but I think it's on the D. Yes, we had some turnovers in the beginning but our D didn't hold any of those possesions to FG's. Anyway, you're not going to start every game in the lead. We got behind early but our O got us the lead back. But twice, in the 4th qtr, with the lead and the game on the line, our defense let Tampa Bay's "power house" offense drive down the field for TD's. We had the lead and point blank our Defense blew it. How can you blame an offense that scored 4 td's on the number 1 D, and GAVE US THE LEAD TWICE IN THE 4TH QTR?

If we put up 35 against the #1 defense then we should be 7-4, with road games against the Cardinals and Rams. These are the only teams that I think turn the ball over more than we do. I think we'll be 9-4 after the next 4 games with a showdon with the Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys. I like our chances. I guess you think we're going to loose all three games in a row. If you believe that I heard that there is an authentic Michael Irvin jersey on E-bay. I'm sure you'll look good in it. It's way to early to say the ship is sinking.

Atleast it's almost Thanksgiving and we're still in this.

Our offense scoring 35 points on the #1 defense. Very incomplete and not as flattering as it sounds. That defense also forced three turnovers and gift wrapped 14 points. And when an offense gives up 14 points you shouldn't win.

Everyone keeps blaming our O for the loss but I think it's on the D. Yes, we had some turnovers in the beginning but our D didn't hold any of those possesions to FG's. Anyway, you're not going to start every game in the lead. We got behind early but our O got us the lead back. But twice, in the 4th qtr, with the lead and the game on the line, our defense let Tampa Bay's "power house" offense drive down the field for TD's. We had the lead and point blank our Defense blew it. How can you blame an offense that scored 4 td's on the number 1 D, and GAVE US THE LEAD TWICE IN THE 4TH QTR?
exactly,our o covered the bill on those turnovers the d didnt compliment us at all in the 2nd half when it counted most,hats off to the o brunell portis i mean they played playoff caliber football last night our d has to kill the pattern that it is in or were out:helmet:

That defense also forced three turnovers and gift wrapped 14 points. And when an offense gives up 14 points you shouldn't win.

It's only gift wrapped 14 if your defense gives up two touchdowns. The giants found themselves on the short end of two early turnovers too....how many touchdowns did their defense gives up? ZERO.

When you have a good defense turnover are not assumed to be tocuhdowns.

john madden is a genius. the pimples on his ass contain more football knowledge then you'll ever be able to comprehend:helmet:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

You've never heard of Maddenisms then?

Alrighty then. Loosen up, twenty-eight, loosen up.

As for being a genius. Yup. As a Coach. Not as an announcer...

why would i root for dalls,im being realistic,iv waited 9 games now and the same thing i seen in september im seeing in mid november,i cant look the other way anymore,simms wasnt pressured all game,no sacks,no ints,i guess we were hurting on d in the giants game also when manning put up 36 against us also,:helmet:

I have a better idea, LEARN TO USE THE SPACE BAR!

Now that the offenses around the league have "caught up" to our defense (as is the case with all teams), our offense will have to carry us the rest of the way. I'm not saying our D is going to leak like a sieve, but I don't expect them to carry us to the playoffs.

Hopefully, we can keep putting up as many points as we did yesterday w/o the turnovers.

I disagree. Look, the league is basically mediocore at best. Did anyone think the Vikings could of beat the Giants, I didn't. Eli Manning looked lost, he looked nothing like he did against us, and the offense just sucked. This was a team that shut us out two weeks ago. While losses must be minimized, we can make the playoffs with a 10-6 record. I think Dallas, and Philadelphia, and NewYork are in the same boat we are in. No one has proved they belong on top of this division. Gibbs has to witness the weaknesses before he can fix it, he will fix it, hopefully in time to just get in the playoffs

Archived