Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

we will not make the playoffs

dieneverfan

....unless gw makes some adjustments on pass rush we can all forget about having a good second half,we face some of the best pocket passers in the league,bledsoe,collins,breese,manning,to name a few and if we dont get pressure on these guys and give them time theyll pick us apart,im imressed with our o,cant take nothin from them ,thay had a lot of adversity last night and overcame it,our d didnt:helmet:

That's like saying "We won't make the playoffs... If we don't win more games."

It's common sense. You don't think GW realizes that with Walt Harris in there he has to change his schemes?

Sometimes I feel like I'm reading a bunch of posts that were made by John Madden around here.

its common sense,chris simms 2nd start in the league ,ripped us apart ,what do you think experienced qbs are going to do to us if we dont get pressure,im sick of giving gw a free pass all the time our d blew it last night

I don't understand why fans like you don't just root for Dallas. Get a grip please. The reason we lost the game yesterday was because we truned the ball over. Tampa should have been in the game in the first place. We are hurting on D so we have holes. But trumpeting that we'll fail isn't going to solve things. Stop the blood cloat crying.

I don't understand why fans like you don't just root for Dallas. Get a grip please. The reason we lost the game yesterday was because we truned the ball over. Tampa should have been in the game in the first place. We are hurting on D so we have holes. But trumpeting that we'll fail isn't going to solve things. Stop the blood cloat crying.
why would i root for dalls,im being realistic,iv waited 9 games now and the same thing i seen in september im seeing in mid november,i cant look the other way anymore,simms wasnt pressured all game,no sacks,no ints,i guess we were hurting on d in the giants game also when manning put up 36 against us also,:helmet:

I don't understand why fans like you try to increase Dallas's fan base everytime they disagree. The defense fell on it's face to the tune of 5 touchdowns. Blame the turnovers all you want but our D gave up FIVE TDs and never even forced a field goal. Their job is to keep teams out of the end zone and they failed to do it every time tampa moved passed the 50.

why would i root for dalls,im being realistic,iv waited 9 games now and the same thing i seen in september im seeing in mid november,i cant look the other way anymore,simms wasnt pressured all game,no sacks,no ints,i guess we were hurting on d in the giants game also when manning put up 36 against us also,:helmet:

If you're going to make these statements, atleast have the facts right. What your seeing now is nothing like what we saw in September. You need to go back and check the opponents scores back then. What you're seeing now is a product of a banged up defense.

I don't understand why fans like you try to increase Dallas's fan base everytime they disagree. The defense fell on it's face to the tune of 5 touchdowns. Blame the turnovers all you want but our D gave up FIVE TDs and never even forced a field goal. Their job is to keep teams out of the end zone and they failed to do it every time tampa moved passed the 50.

Yeah, yeah I know that Tampa scored on us, but I went into this game thinking Simms was going to have a good game anyway. If you looked at the stats from the previous game against the Panthers, his stats were alright, but he turned the ball over. You can't turn the ball over on the road; we keep finding that out every road game. We're missing Taylor and Griff, and that played a part in Tampa scoring so much. I take comfort in the fact we're undefeated at home, and won a road game against Dallas. A true fan understands that this is a marathon. One game will not predict if we'll make the playoffs or not. Right now we're 5-4 with games against the Raiders and Chargers, both teams have average defenses. If we put up 35 against the #1 defense then we should be 7-4, with road games against the Cardinals and Rams. These are the only teams that I think turn the ball over more than we do. I think we'll be 9-4 after the next 4 games with a showdon with the Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys. I like our chances. I guess you think we're going to loose all three games in a row. If you believe that I heard that there is an authentic Michael Irvin jersey on E-bay. I'm sure you'll look good in it. It's way to early to say the ship is sinking.

Atleast it's almost Thanksgiving and we're still in this.

If you're going to make these statements, atleast have the facts right. What your seeing now is nothing like what we saw in September. You need to go back and check the opponents scores back then. What you're seeing now is a product of a banged up defense.
tb apparently had a "banged up"offense and looked what they did to gw:helmet:

Yeah, yeah I know that Tampa scored on us, but I went into this game thinking Simms was going to have a good game anyway. If you looked at the stats from the previous game against the Panthers, his stats were alright, but he turned the ball over. You can't turn the ball over on the road; we keep finding that out every road game. We're missing Taylor and Griff, and that played a part in Tampa scoring so much. I take comfort in the fact we're undefeated at home, and won a road game against Dallas. A true fan understands that this is a marathon. One game will not predict if we'll make the playoffs or not. Right now we're 5-4 with games against the Raiders and Chargers, both teams have average defenses. If we put up 35 against the #1 defense then we should be 7-4, with road games against the Cardinals and Rams. These are the only teams that I think turn the ball over more than we do. I think we'll be 9-4 after the next 4 games with a showdon with the Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys. I like our chances. I guess you think we're going to loose all three games in a row. If you believe that I heard that there is an authentic Michael Irvin jersey on E-bay. I'm sure you'll look good in it. It's way to early to say the ship is sinking.

Atleast it's almost Thanksgiving and we're still in this.

so i guess were all supposed to be happy with the way our d played yesterday and expect with that type of play were playoff bound,you need a reality check,no more kool aid for you:logo:

I understand that you want to vent, but these posts are pointless. We lost a heartbreaker because of a gutsy call by Gruden. As for the season and the playoffs, why can't we make it? We've already beaten the Eagles and the Cowboys and the Giants game was a fluke? There's still a lot of games to go, and the defense is progressing.

The only thing that worries me is Brunell running out of gas like last season. But with playmakers like Moss and Sellers stepping up, Brunell doesn't carry the whole load.

It's common sense. You don't think GW realizes that with Walt Harris in there he has to change his schemes?

Sometimes I feel like I'm reading a bunch of posts that were made by John Madden around here.

John Madden? That's just cold :D

Maybe it's because there's no thought or analysis. Just knee jerk ranting. How else do you respond. Atleast if there was some analysis, it could be debated.

One stat tells it all.. right now we are -11 in the turnover ratio. That is near at the bottom of the league. You know gibbs said something, about 2 weeks ago that was very true, he said that "we are lucky to have a winning record based on our turnover ratio". What we need to do is get more turnovers on defense and commit less on offense. Honestly, this crap has cost us 3 games this year, take a look back at both the Denver and Kanas City games where we practically dominated them in Yards, but multiple turnovers were too difficult to overcome. Look at Cincy, they are +20 in the T.O. ratio, +20!?!?!?!? and is currently in second place in the AFC, You do the math.

It seems every Monday after a loss, it's all doom and gloom. Let's stay as positive as possible. Was it our best performance, no, was it our worst, no, our we still in the hunt....yes and until we're completely out of contention I will think playoffs. Just my thoughts.
hey im with you this didnt happen in one game though,this is a pattern even when our d was healthy i didnt see no pass rush,trent green pocket passer we lost,plummer,pocket passer we lost manning etc now simms,the guy had all the time in the world yesterday he wasnt touched once,now i dont care how anyone slices it that is unacceptable and if thats what gw has in mind for the rest of the year,its going to be a challenge for me to stay positive about our d:logo:

john madden is a genius. the pimples on his ass contain more football knowledge then you'll ever be able to comprehend:helmet:

turnovers hurt us in the first half i agree,but after halftime our o "ADJUSTED"and made up for them ,our d made some kind of adjustment

true, but without the turnovers we would have had atleast a 21 point lead in the 4th.. two out of those three turnovers gave them a short field and they got 2 td's from them.

One stat tells it all.. right now we are -11 in the turnover ratio. That is near at the bottom of the league. You know gibbs said something, about 2 weeks ago that was very true, he said that "we are lucky to have a winning record based on our turnover ratio". What we need to do is get more turnovers on defense and commit less on offense. Honestly, this crap has cost us 3 games this year, take a look back at both the Denver and Kanas City games where we practically dominated them in Yards, but multiple turnovers were too difficult to overcome. Look at Cincy, they are +20 in the T.O. ratio, +20!?!?!?!? and is currently in second place in the AFC, You do the math.

Yeah you hit it right on the head. We have lost 3 games on turnovers, period. But at the same time we are not a clutch team. We scored 35 points last night, that should be enough to win the damn game. Our offense gave us the lead twice, the damn defense couldn't stop em. Chris Simms, Chris Freakin Simms, lit us up. This is the same guy that stares down his recievers before he throws the ball. He had 5 seconds everytime he went for a pass. Our d line can't get pressure on anybody. We need to come with more biltzes and less zone, because we don't generate enough pressure up front.

Archived