Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Williams get offers now?

KingGibbs

With the inconsistency our defense has displayed this year will Williams get those head coaching offers at the end of the season? This could be a silver lining in that we could really see that continuity, stabiltiy, and chemistry we have been coveting for years, IF he doesn't get those offers.

I am not jumping off of the Williams bandwagon because yesterday proved how valuable Taylor and Griffin are to this team. I only hope that we get a DE capable of applying pressure and there is only one guy that I covet if he is available and I was screaming for his name on draft day several years ago and that is Dwight Freeney.

With the inconsistency our defense has displayed this year will Williams get those head coaching offers at the end of the season? This could be a silver lining in that we could really see that continuity, stabiltiy, and chemistry we have been coveting for years, IF he doesn't get those offers.

I am not jumping off of the Williams bandwagon because yesterday proved how valuable Taylor and Griffin are to this team. I only hope that we get a DE capable of applying pressure and there is only one guy that I covet if he is available and I was screaming for his name on draft day several years ago and that is Dwight Freeney.

I think we have the greatest sigs of all time.... lol. I was hypnotized by your sig man. I just snapped out of it. :laugh:

yes he will get offers and you know what? He is not going to take them. he loves this town, makes more money that half the HCs in the NFL and his kids have continuity in school. Plus I believe he is the type of person that feels he has not finished the job yet. I bet he wants to see what kind of monster D he can built in a year or two with ST, Lavar, marcus, Rogers..

yes he will get offers and you know what? He is not going to take them. he loves this town, makes more money that half the HCs in the NFL and his kids have continuity in school. Plus I believe he is the type of person that feels he has not finished the job yet. I bet he wants to see what kind of monster D he can built in a year or two with ST, Lavar, marcus, Rogers..

Despite that fact I do think this D is reeling when it comes to talent as of now. I think that coaching can only take you so far and G Will has taken us that far. Now its time for Danny to open up that pocket book and get us some more talent.

I agree that more talent would make a HUGGEEEE diference. But all Ive heard last year, the offseason and early this year was how brilliant Williams was and how his scheme didnt need players.

Clearly, it does.

How nice would it have been to spend the extra mill to have Smoot covering Edell Sheperd yesterday?

I agree that more talent would make a HUGGEEEE diference. But all Ive heard last year, the offseason and early this year was how brilliant Williams was and how his scheme didnt need players.

Clearly, it does.

How nice would it have been to spend the extra mill to have Smoot covering Edell Sheperd yesterday?

I agree.

Did they ever throw towards Springs last night? I believe we saw the same situations last year, when we would blitz and leave Smoot and Springs one on one and get away with it because those guys can cover.

I think he'll get offers. Especially if we shut down the St. Louis O that should start cranking back up with a healthy Holt, Bulger and Jackson running the ball more often.

I'm still wholeheartedly on the GW bandwagon. He called it several times this year that our defense was going to sneak up on anyone and that there was ample time for teams to gameplan against our style of defense. It is a bit of a gambling defense and unfortunatly, the gambles haven't paid off as much this year.

We'll need some personell help in the off-season (if GW stays) to shore up some holes and add more depth and hopefully, Carlos will get better. Furthermore, a healthy Sean Taylor in his third year will be HUGE.

:2cents: Or is Williams here to take over when Gibbs steps down? At first I liked that scenario but I'm not on the Williams bandwagon anymore. Why do we like the corner blitz so much? Why does Arrington come out on 3rd down? I would think he would be pretty good at rushing the passer. It's been so long, I can't remember if he can!!!

Archived