Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The good people of Dover, PA...Beware!!!!

MaddogCT

Well, now that Pat has said it, it must be true. :doh:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/10/religion.robertson.reut/index.html

Robertson warns Pennsylvania voters of God's wrath

Eight 'intelligent design' school board members lost election

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- Conservative Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson told citizens of a Pennsylvania town that they had rejected God by voting their school board out of office for supporting "intelligent design" and warned them Thursday not to be surprised if disaster struck.

Robertson, a former Republican presidential candidate and founder of the influential Christian Broadcasting Network and Christian Coalition, has made similar apocalyptic warnings and provocative statements before.

Last summer, he hit the headlines by calling for the assassination of leftist Venezuelan Present Hugo Chavez, one of President George W. Bush's most vocal international critics.

"I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: if there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God, you just rejected Him from your city," Robertson said on his daily television show broadcast from Virginia, "The 700 Club."

"And don't wonder why He hasn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that's the case, don't ask for His help because he might not be there," he said.

The 700 Club claims a daily audience of around one million. It is also broadcast around the world translated into more than 70 languages.

In voting on Tuesday, eight Dover, Pennsylvania, school board members up for re-election lost their seats after trying to introduce a statement on "intelligent design" to high school biology students.

Adherents of intelligent design argue that certain forms in nature are too complex to have evolved through natural selection and must have been created by a "designer." Opponents say it is the latest attempt by conservatives to introduce religion into the school science curriculum.

The Dover case sparked a trial in federal court that gained nationwide attention after the school board was sued by parents backed by the American Civil Liberties Union. The board ordered schools to read students a short statement in biology classes informing them that the theory of evolution is not established fact and that gaps exist in it.

The statement mentioned intelligent design as an alternate theory and recommended students read a book that explained the theory further. A decision in the case is expected before the end of the year.

In 1998, Robertson warned the city of Orlando, Florida that it risked hurricanes, earthquakes and terrorist bombs after it allowed homosexual organizations to put up rainbow flags in support of sexual diversity.

Religion is not Science

and Science is not Religion

:logo:

Well, now that Pat has said it, it must be true. :doh:

Robertson warns Pennsylvania voters of God's wrath

Eight 'intelligent design' school board members lost election

"I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: if there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God, you just rejected Him from your city," Robertson said on his daily television show broadcast from Virginia, "The 700 Club."

:logo:

What a moron, didn't he make some crackpot statement like this about NO/Katrina? How can these "types" speak of "God's forgivness" and threaten

"God's wrath" in the same breath, I makes no sense. Be afraid, be very afraid, and call the number on your screen.

I think this pretty much makes it official: Pat Robertson is practicing some kind of a religion, but it sure ain't Christianity. No one who knows a drop of Christian faith could insult God in such a manner. Considering that God offers salvation to all man, even those who killed Christ, I'm sure God couldn't give a rat's ass about what they teach in school about the origin of the universe. Furthermore, my fellow Christians are really starting to piss me off with this intelligent design crap. Faith is not looking for proof of God's word. It is unwavering belief in absence of proof or even in direct defiance of proof to the contrary. It's called believing in God, not proving God.

I think this pretty much makes it official: Pat Robertson is practicing some kind of a religion, but it sure ain't Christianity. No one who knows a drop of Christian faith could insult God in such a manner. Considering that God offers salvation to all man, even those who killed Christ, I'm sure God couldn't give a rat's ass about what they teach in school about the origin of the universe. Furthermore, my fellow Christians are really starting to piss me off with this intelligent design crap. Faith is not looking for proof of God's word. It is unwavering belief in absence of proof or even in direct defiance of proof to the contrary. It's called believing in God, not proving God.

Agreed. If Christians focused more on things like "love your neighbor" and "do good to them who despitefully use you" our impact on the world would be far greater and better than the "you are all going to hell because you don't teach intelligent design" approach.

Agreed. If Christians focused more on things like "love your neighbor" and "do good to them who despitefully use you" our impact on the world would be far greater and better than the "you are all going to hell because you don't teach intelligent design" approach.

ABSOLUTELY!!! Great post :cheers:

Christians all over the world are busy with the work of helping people right now this very minute. But that isn't BAD NEWS so the media won't cover it. How many times do the thousands of christians that leave their good lives in modern civilization to go live in the hell of the developing world make the evening news? How many times does CNN FOXNEWS MSNBC report the good works being done by these people in African regions most people would be too scared to even consider visiting?

Having worked with Christian charities I can tell you for certain that there are a lot of people that have answered God's call and gone to help those the world ignores. They get no credit, they get no headlines, and they often get into a world of trouble. Truely amazing people that scrape together funding with often little more then the help of their local church.

Pat Robertson is a lunatic that has used religion to make himself rich. He does not represent anyone but himself.

Christians all over the world are busy with the work of helping people right now this very minute. But that isn't BAD NEWS so the media won't cover it. How many times do the thousands of christians that leave their good lives in modern civilization to go live in the hell of the developing world make the evening news? How many times does CNN FOXNEWS MSNBC report the good works being done by these people in African regions most people would be too scared to even consider visiting?

Having worked with christians charities I can tell you for certain that there are a lot of people that have answered God's call and gone to help those the world ignores. They get no credit, they get no headlines, and they often get into a world of trouble. Truely amazing people that scrape together funding with often little more then the help of their local church.

Pat Robertson is a lunatic that has used religion to make himself rich. He does not represent anyone but himself.

post of the week. :applause:

Very good point Destino!

I didn't intend to imply that there aren't Christians doing those things you mentioned...just sick of seeing these types of nutcases get all the press. But you are absolutely correct...there are scores of Christians loving their neighbors, but it goes unnoticed.

Excellent- faith is not ramming stuff down others thoats, in the pretext of " I just don't want you to wind up in hell"

Agreed? Berrock's stated that Pat Roberson is NOT praticing christianity.

Your generalized statement needs revision :doh:

Excellent- faith is not ramming stuff down others thoats, in the pretext of " I just don't want you to wind up in hell"

Agreed? Berrock's stated that Pat Roberson is NOT praticing christianity.

Your generalized statement needs revision :doh:

I agree Robertson is NOT practicing Christianity...hence the "agreed" part of my post. Not sure what needs revision?

Very good point Destino!

I didn't intend to imply that there aren't Christians doing those things you mentioned...just sick of seeing these types of nutcases get all the press. But you are absolutely correct...there are scores of Christians loving their neighbors, but it goes unnoticed.

Well you are certainly not alone in being sick of these dudes. The problem is they have a lot of supporters, money, political influence, and control their own media apparatus. They can put themselves in the news whenever they wish and the mainstream media never seeing a negative story they didn't like make sure that every stupid thing they say gets even more coverage.

Well you are certainly not alone in being sick of these dudes. The problem is they have a lot of supporters, money, political influence, and control their own media apparatus. They can put themselves in the news whenever they wish and the mainstream media never seeing a negative story they didn't like make sure that every stupid thing they say gets even more coverage.

It is a classic example of a fringe/lunatic group representing a section of society.

Politicians think of 'religion', they turn to Pat Robertson :doh:

Very similar to NOW representing women. I know very few, if any, women who agree with anything that NOW does.

I could pretty much guarantee that 95% of Christians think Robertson is an a$$ clown... yet somehow he is position, politically, to speak for Christians.

Strange, the political landscape of this country...

Having worked with Christian charities I can tell you for certain that there are a lot of people that have answered God's call and gone to help those the world ignores. They get no credit, they get no headlines, and they often get into a world of trouble. Truely amazing people that scrape together funding with often little more then the help of their local church.

Absolutely - its not just the 'media' though - I despise the fact that both sides use the Pat Robertson's/Jerry Falwell's and the Farakhan's (or for that matter, the Barbara Streisands/Al Franken's) to try and define the opposing side of the argument. These idiots (and they are, for the most part, idiots) don't speak for large majorities, in most cases not even substantial minorities. They have their own agendas, usually centered on their own little personalities.

His oh f*cks gets more attention than his atta boys which is a shame.

We saw his ministries, volunteers in areas we didn't even pacify or provide military support/stability yet providing food and clothing and in some instances jobs which led to us admiring the people willing to help the less fortunate which in some cases are hazardous.

Archived