Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1st Half is over - Who's our MVP so far?

ThatGuy

Brunell. You've gotta give the nod to the most important position on the field.

Absolutely.

We haven't had decent play from the QB position since, well, last time we were in the playoffs.

Too many fans are too quick to discount just how important the QB position is. You CANNOT win consistently in the NFL without it.

Show me a very good team with a crap QB, and I'll show you the Cowboys and Redskins of the past several seasons.

Brunell hands down.

I actually feel very confident when Brunell drops back that something good is going to happen. Last year w/Ramsey/Brunell I always sat back and had my fingers crossed....but now he goes back and doesnt even look fazed by the pass rush. Unless a defender breaks free for a sack he always seems to make the right decision.

Brunell and Moss obviously have had huge contributions this year. Ofcourse, for that to happen everyone else on the field had to step up from years past. Clinton Portis might not be getting the yards he's expected to, but his blocking has definitely made an impact in our passing success this year. Cooley is another one that comes to mind, he always gets catches, breaks tackles, and makes plays... Caveman Sellers is having a year to be remembered, Betts, even Ramsey showed great poise when kneeling versus the 49ers. Overall I'm happy with the play of EVERYONE in every phase of this team.

Brunell gets my vote though, with Moss at a close second. QB is such a crucial position.

id have to say moss-we missed that big play receiving threat last year he's averaging over 100 yard per game

moss is such a threat its caused more running room for portis and more room for other wideouts underneath such as cooley

although brunell has been excellent,the way moss has played even ramsey a very capable qb would have excelled-dont 4get ramsey threw for over 100yards in little over a quarter against the bears including a 52yarder to moss!

I think right now we have Co-MVP's in Santana Moss and Mark Brunell. I mean, if it weren't for MB's smart play, then we would probably have only 2 wins to our name. Santana and Mark singlehandedly won that game against Dallas, and Santana put us in position for the win against Seattle. Those 2 guys along with Cooley, and Portis has been giving it his all, even if he hasn't been getting all of the yards.

I voted for Moss. Two wins alone can be directly related to Moss.His two big catches against Dallas catapulted our season, also against Seattle he took an intermediate hook and put us in field goal range. He has taken many short passes for first downs. He continues to get open on third downs to save drives. Mark Brunell comes in a close second.

Archived